Monday, October 20, 2014

Special Joys Shared

"To have joy, one must share it."
-Lord Byron

"I count your friendship of the chiefest pleasures in my life, a comfort in time of doubt and trouble, a joy in time of prosperity and success, an inspiration at all times. "
-Edwin Osgood Grover

"A simple celebration, a gathering of friends;
Here is wishing you great happiness, 
a joy that never ends."
-Zahid Abas


Yesterday we had a little pre-birthday celebration for Brian
at Nels and Jana's place.
Jana and kids snuggled in for a photo...
Mariah and her friend Drew shared the special gift
the great Montreal Canadians shirt …

(Nels had the AC on so Brian was under cover to warm up! )

The kids were having fun and sharing special joys…
Beau on his bike with his helmet…
and Drew and Mariah had been
busy crafting rainbow loom bracelets and were setting up a little sale table!!!

Jana stopped in on her way to work this morning,
and Brian modelled his new birthday gift shirt for this photo…
looks awesome… and perfect for our upcoming trip!

Yesterday we shared lots of special fun and joyous visits at our
Fuddruckers breakfast… this photo was taken by Dan who was also
part of our group yesterday.
The little dog suitcase tags, were a special gift Ella gave to Brian in
an early birthday card. Bob and Jacquie also treated us to breakfast
in honour of Brian's birthday next weekend when we will be away.

Last Monday was our wonderful invite to Bob and Jacquies' home
for a delicious Thanksgiving dinner. We also shared lots of Joys and visits
with their company too.
They are such gracious hosts…and put on such a nice evening.

Last weekend… our grandkids were off to Edmonton to spend their Thanksgiving
with their other grandparents along with their aunties and uncles and cousins.
Their Auntie Ingrid shared a bunch of fun photos with us by text
 to show us all the
joys they shared while there!

From the special photos Ingrid shared…
 here are Mariah and Beau having a blast with their cousins,
Linnea and Lars …
they always have so much fun when together.

I was so grateful Ingrid shared so many fun photos
with us and here are just a few more
of the cousin fun!
This past Tuesday… I picked up Mariah from school
and later delivered her to dancing lessons, then got Beau from day care
 and brought him here.
I am always happy to help out with pick ups and drop offs…
it gives me a chance to share more special time with the grandkids!

Friday afternoon I popped by my Auntie Mary's nursing home
and had a wonderful visit with her as well as my cousin Gwen.
Auntie Mary was happy to share her cookies with us out of the great
big red cookie tin… so cute!

Thanks to my cousin,  Gwen, too,
for sending me a very heartfelt Thanksgiving card
with a special little gift certificate to get my nails done…
so very thoughtful.

Beau was really excited about starting Tae Kwon Do
on Saturday… and here he is proudly wearing his little
outifit for his classes… so adorable!

Saturday after Mariah's ballet class we picked her up and took her
to see Auntie Bev and Kirsten at the dog adoption she likes to help at.
My nephew Sam was there too, but missed the photo shoot!!!

Mariah just loves being there with the doggies…
here she is with one named DOM…
to her it is very fulfilling and she is happy to share special joys
both with the doggies and her Auntie Bev, too…
who has been so good about including her there.


Here it is… another Monday…and time for another blog!
I have shared lots of fun filled visits with both friends and family this past week. I do not always get a chance to photograph each and every visit… but above are some of the pics from this past week's worth of fun!

Thanks for popping by to see 
my special shared week of joys!


We are ever grateful for the shared times we have with our daughter, Jana, and with her family, too. Jana has been so good to us lately checking in daily… by phone and or in person. She has checked in with her grandma as well. Later this week we look forward to sharing time with our son, Colin too… when we go for a brief little visit to Montreal.


I have so many good friends and enjoy all the times I get together with them as well. Just last week, my friend Ella joined me when i popped by to see my mother-in-law, Blanche. My sister-in-law, Brenda was there then as well. We all had such a nice visit.

Also last week… we had a delicious meal at friend's
Bob and Jacquies' place. They are such gracious hosts and include us in many of their great evenings 

of entertainment and food.


We enjoy our visits at Fuddrucker's each Sunday morning when we meet friends for breakfasts… and yesterday was a big group meeting for a fun filled time together.


I so enjoyed a nice visit with my cousin Gwen and my Auntie Mary on Friday… always good to see them, even though our visits are few and far between… 

we just pick up where we left off!!!


My brother Brian was by this week, too
and my two sisters-in-law, Bev and Brenda stopped in yesterday as well. I think I am pretty lucky to have such good family as well as good friends!



With going away this week … we will be in Montreal for Brian's birthday on the weekend. We are meeting with good friends, Mike and Lynne… and will see Colin and his girlfriend Caro while there . Colin, Mike and Brian are going to the Montreal/ New York hockey game at the Bell Centre this weekend on Brian's birthday… 

so that will likely be a highlight on our trip!



I love when I get the chance to craft a card here and there and due to the fact there are a few occasions to celebrate in this next week… I may get a chance to craft . Crafting is like therapy for me… when ever I find the time to do it!
It gives me a chance to find joy,
while sharing special joys!!!




Yesterday my neighbour, Heather, had a birthday… so we will celebrate that over a birthday lunch with friends on Wednesday. Today is Jana's store partner, Melissa's birthday. Tomorrow is my mother-in-law's birthday…
Friday is cousin John's birthday… and Saturday is my hubby, Brian's birthday…. 

so a lot of times to share special joys!!! 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all of them.


Another thing I will be recalling this Saturday is the 4th anniversary of my mom's passing. Although she is no longer with me, she lives on in my heart as I remember all the special joys we shared in our life together.
I will be blowing kisses to the heavens above that day!



On that note… here is my poem of the day…

Special joys shared are filled with good things,
I love when I can visit, and all that it brings.
It helps pick me up, and gives me a lift,
It's just like receiving a soulful kind of gift.
Visits with loved ones and also with friends,
Are special to achieve the perfect of blends.
Visiting here and visiting there….
It brings special joys… so much fun to share!

1 comment:

  1. I love your post! I hope you and Brian have a wonderful holiday in honour of Brian's birthday...we will catch up together when you get back!

    ReplyDelete