Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Details and Fun of Daily Life!

"The true secret of happiness lies in the taking an interest in all the details of daily life."
-William Morris

"Life is too short to worry about stupid things. Have fun, fall in love, and regret nothing."
-Anurag Prakash Ray

"Never forget to have fun. Fun gives you a new outlook It helps you expand your mind and spirit."
Author Unknown


On REMEMBRANCE DAY… my buddy, Linda from Lanigan came
to the city. Ella joined us in the FUN too as we shopped and did a traditional
STARBUCKS run and photo… followed by a shop!
I do love the DETAILS of the Christmas
and marketing  at this time of year.

Later that day… we did an impromptu Chinese food supper with friends,
Vern and Ella... as well
as with Jana and Mariah…
Sometimes the things we do spur of the moment are the most fun!

I had to get the kids last wednesday from school and day care…
and they joined for a little supper and TV watching !
Thursday last week… we went to watch Beau skate, too…
he is so proud when we come to watch… we only stayed a few minutes,
but it was fun to see him none the less!
I found the cute little gnomes that Mariah is holding... at Winners the other day.

Last Wednesday night I went for a fun outing with friends,
Heather and Ella to a Christmas open house at a local store called
DETAILS…
They really did take time to utilize all the details…
serving wine with cheese and crackers while playing festive tunes.
After the 3 of us went out for a little tea at a place called Mystic Java.
We had a very enjoyable evening, and it kind of set the mood for
the Christmas season to begin. 

Friday I was out getting groceries and
Jana and Mariah joined me for a quick STARBUCKS first!
Sunday…  Brian, Vern,  Ella and
I did another STARBUCKS outing…
I do enjoy the fun times and good visits we can share over
a delicious latte or tea there.

Monday I added some festive details to the BSOBAD
dance studio bulletin boards. It has become tradition for me to wrap
a couple of boards like big presents over the years!
I still have fun being creative there and doing my thing
to make the boards new and fresh from month to month.

Yesterday I was up early and made a crock pot of chilli…
and after the gym… did another impromptu lunch
inviting Vern and Ella over to join us for some, too!
Chilli is one of my all time favourites at this time of year…
kind of warms me up from the inside out!

Yesterday was watching day for Mariah's Tap and Ballet classes at her studio.
I did catch a very quick pic of her doing running flaps in a circle
as she passed by me!!!
Beau decided he wanted to entertain too in between classes he got up and
whirled and twirled around, too…
he found it hard to sit still for the duration.
I am very impressed with the progress Mariah has made this year
at her dancing so far.

Here is a photo of our good friends, Jacquie and Bob
taken around this time last year at Fuddruckers for one of
our traditional breakfasts there.
This coming Sunday… they have invited a big group of
us to come to their place for Breakfast instead of
our normal Fuddrucker's venue.
They  always have fun entertaining…
and put a huge effort into all the little details!

I was remembering this time last year when
my Auntie Betty and cousin Dawn came to visit us from Chicago.
This photo with them and cousin Gwen and my sister-in-law, Arleen, was taken on
November 20th, 2013… (I know because it was my brother's birthday that day!)
I had my tree up and my first batch of nuts and bolts for the season
already made I see by this photo!

Speaking of FUN… and DETAILS…
there is a very cute TARGET commercial on TV lately…
which I snapped a couple of pictures of.
This little girl is absolutely adorable in it…
and the song is Marshmallow World… with lots of attention
to marshmallow details throughout!
Normally when I watch my recorded TV shows I forward the adds,
but this one I watch… it is so darn cute!

Here is another oldie….
While Jana was helping clean our Blanche's house,
with my sisters-in-law, Bev and Brenda…
they found this gem…
look at our POLKA DOT details
oh what fun!!!
I am guessing this photo of us was taken
in the early 90's sometime.


Once again I have had a full week of fun and details revolving around our daily life and routine here!
There is really never a dull moment it seems…
always something on the go.


Right now as I type this blog post we are having our carpets cleaned… so both Brian and I are jammed in the kitchen with lots of extra furniture around us from the living room and family room!!! Shuffle is beside me in her kennel, not overly impressed with the situation… but it will be so nice to have our carpet freshened up for the festive season.



Tomorrow I hope to get my tree up and all the Christmas decor out as well… I love to do that and have fun paying attention to all the festive little details along the way.


Earlier today I went for a latte with two good friends, Cathy and Kellie. I did not get a photo of us… but we had a very nice visit, and they had been doing some cooking for me to share as well… they brought some lasagne and perogies.
YUMMY… I am quite sure they will be tasty. 

They are both good cooks. 
I say this often but I really do have the best friends… 
and many of them always sharing good vibes,
 love and support with me.


Just this past week my friend, Linda made a trip to see me from Lanigan… and I do enjoy my friends, Ella and Heather, too. Always feels good to share and connect with them.


We are looking forward to a visit from our son Colin and his girlfriend, Caro from Montreal in early December. That is something we will really enjoy … Caro has never been here.
It will give me a reason to clean out my basement, too!



I have been picking up my niece Rowen a bit this fall from school and getting her to her dancing lessons when her mom cannot make it on time. I always enjoy bonding with her on our little visits to and from. She is such a sweet kid.


This Friday I will go to my mother-in-law's home 

and take her to a hair appointment in her home. She feels she might need help finding it, so she also invited me to join her for lunch there that day, too. I am happy to help and also to join her for lunch. I hear the food at her 
new residence is really tasty.


Friday night we are joining good friends, Joan and Gerry for another supper outing too… lots to look forward to.
I am all about FUN in my life!



I missed a couple of special birthdays in my last blog 

so will mention them here…
 BELATED birthday greetings to Mariah and Beau's other Grandma… NANCY… who they call NANA...
and to our dear friend, Robin, as well.
They both had a birthday on the 15th of November.

Tomorrow is my oldest brother, Bob's birthday, so hope he has a great celebration.
One week away… next thursday is another
 date to remember as well.
Brian and I will be celebrating our
38th Wedding Anniversary. We hope to share many more years of wedded bliss together, too.



On that note here is my poem of the day…

My life is filled with details and fun,
Good times with family and friends, there's a ton!
I like to cash in on the happiest things,
And live in the moment and the joy that it brings.
Whether following routines, or doing fun stuff…
Having a good meal or a coffee with fluff!
It's all in the details, and making the best…
Of every moment awake or at rest!





No comments:

Post a Comment