Wednesday, November 5, 2014

On The Move!

"To me it boils down to one thing, it's movement.
To live is to keep moving."
-Jerry Seinfeld

"If we stand still, we're moving backwards. We've got to keep moving forward to appear to be moving."
-Phil Brown

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."
-Bill Watterson


Here are a few photos from the action packed Halloween visit from the kids
They were so On The Move… it was hard to capture them!!!
The excitement plus the sugar makes them go go go!
The kids looked cute… Mariah was the Dr. Seuss character "Thing 1"
(her friend Drew was going to be "Thing 2")
Beau was a mixture of last years Hulk costume plus this years power hero
not sure who… just a cape with a mask of some sort.
They were pumped when they got here so it was really hard to get
a "STILL SHOT" of them…
I was just happy to see them having so much fun!

Even Shuffle was BUZZING AROUND and on the move in
her bumble bee costume!
Colin sent a text of his girlfriend Caro in her Halloween costume, too…
she was dressed as a member of the 80's band called DEVO…
she did a great job of her costume, and looks so cute in it!

Sunday I had Mariah over in the afternoon and we popped by
my mother-in-law's place.
My two sisters -in-law, Bev and Brenda were there too…
and my niece Rowen.
Mariah idolizes Rowen… and she is always happy
to see her as well as her aunties and great grandma.

On the weekend… our good friend, Vern popped by
with these beautiful flowers…the bouquet was so big,
I divided it into two… and was happy to
move all my halloween stuff back to the basement
for another year!

Mariah was here to practice her tap on the weekend…
I am really impressed at how much she has learned just this season alone.
Last night was watching week at the studio for Mariah's jazz class,
I managed to catch one photo of her on the move!!!
She was working so hard… and I was pleased with her progress in jazz too.

Sunday we had a big group out for our traditional Fuddrucker's breakfast,
and Ella captured a nice pic of us enjoying the moment together!
Last night our good friends, Vern and Robin popped by to visit…
 always nice when they stop by.
Also yesterday I was on grandkid pick up…
I got Beau after delivering  Mariah to her dancing…
he was surprisingly not so much
"on the move" yesterday… just content snacking and
watching TV!

Monday I made some minor changes to the many bulletin boards at
BSOBAD… on the move from OCTOBER to NOVEMBER…
and from Pumpkins to snowflakes!

I am always so happy when the red cups appear at Starbucks…
time to move on to the festive colours and drinks there.
Monday I got 3 of them … to share with Blanche  and Bev and myself as
we started in on the organizing of Blanches' big move this week.
The lobby of her new place is absolutely beautiful… we were there to do some
measurements in Blanche's suite on Monday…
for the big move tomorrow.

Here are a couple more pics from our recent trip to
Montreal that got missed in the last blog.
I was up early on Brian's birthday to get a few decorations hanging in the
hotel room … here I am sporting my new red coat from the trip,
along with Brian's toque and scarf… getting into the
Montreal Canadian's spirit!
That trip was such a spirit booster for us…
 seems like ages ago already!!!
 Time is sure
"On the Move"


Hard to believe almost a whole week has past since my last blog post… I have really been "on the move" since then.


Our lives have been a whirlwind of things and activities lately. We seem to be busy with many things. This week is the week, my mother-in-law, Blanche will move out of her home she lived in for her past 57 years and into her new
place tomorrow. Brian's sisters and I have been busy trying to organize the move for her… it is a lot of work.
We are all anxious for this move to go as smooth as possible for her. We know she will be happy in this brand new place she is moving into… this brand new building just opened in October. It will be a new chapter for not only her but for the whole family. There are a lot of memories tied up in the house they lived in on Albert Ave.
Soon my nephew Jeff will put it up on the real estate market for sale… once the house is fully cleared out and cleaned.


Halloween came and went again… and although it is nice to see the kiddies having fun in their costumes as they collect their treats… I am always happy to move on to the next season. I was recalling how I was nearly always a clown as a kid on Halloween. Later in life I actually collected clowns… and still have a portion of that collection here and there. I think it may possibly be where my interest and passion for polka dots began as well!! Who knows?!


I have enjoyed my bonding time with Mariah and her dancing this fall. On saturday she took a little video of her feet tapping out one of her little tap steps…and sent it to me by text on Jana's phone. The video was so cute and ended in
"LOVE YOU GRAMMA!"
It truly made my day… it is amazing how something like that
can mean so much to a gramma!


The dance studio where I still work… BSOBAD… needs bulletin board updates from month to month… so I was there very briefly on Monday to move from pumpkins to snowflakes… after the 11th of November might slip back there and add some more festive stuff to the boards 

as Christmas approaches.



Yesterday… I felt on the move from the start of my day to the finish… I went to the gym in the morning to kick start my day… usually I go to a class called Body Vive on tuesdays,
but yesterday it was replaced with a class called Attack.
We were definitely "On the Move" in that class all the way through it. It did feel good, though.


I had to get Mariah from school… and feed her supper and get her dropped off at dancing as well as pick up Beau yesterday from daycare. The traffic during that time was crazy yesterday for some reason… there were roads shut down and accidents, etc… so made it a bit more time consuming all round. Jana joined us for supper and then her, Beau and I went to view Mariah's jazz watching week at dancing. All of us ate different suppers here… 

so I felt I was kind of running 
somewhat of a restaurant too!


We enjoy when visitors pop by to see us… it is always fun to connect and get support. Friends Robin and Vern popped by here last night. My good friend, Ella and I have done a fair bit together lately, too… and we enjoy our times spent together at the gym as well.



I had written all of the above in this blog post, just this morning, when I was on the move once again. Most of my blog readers know we have been on a journey this past year and half or so… and it has left me feeling 
on the move in so many ways… 
up and down round and round… and today was another round and round... up and down type of day!
Let's just say… it really does keep me "ON THE MOVE"!


I have a shirt that states this on it 
"When the going gets tough, the tough get going."
Believe me it is the truth.


I know I was able to help a bit with Blanche's move, but thanks to my sister-in-law, Bev… she did most of the organizing … tomorrow we will all be 
ON THE MOVE for sure as we get 
my mother-in-law settled into her new home.


Today the weather turned from cloudy to sunny… 
hope for good weather tomorrow, too.
Today I had another starbucks latte and it had the new Christmas cups and sleeves… which state…
"Let there be Bright" 

While we are "on the move" we 
always hope for things to be "BRIGHT"!


On that note… 
Here is my poem of the day!

It's time to get into our winter groove,
With snow in the air… we are on the move.
Moving forward to a chapter that's new,
Trying to stay upbeat with all that we do.
My blog is like therapy, when I have time,
To review all the fun and write a new rhyme.
There's lots I can do… and lots on my plate… 
If I pace on the move, then things will be great.





No comments:

Post a Comment