Wednesday, November 26, 2014

MeRRY & BLiSS!

"Lack nothing: be merry."
-William Shakespere

"Live with integrity, respect rights of other people, and follow your own bliss."
-Nathaniel Branden

"Nothing is more important than connecting with your bliss. Nothing is more real."
-Deepak Chopra


Last Thursday I followed my bliss and put up our Christmas tree
to add some MERRY around here…
Good friend, Brenda popped by with some Biss bar too!
Beau also stopped by with his mommy then and helped hang a few decorations,
but Mariah came on Saturday and helped do more decor!

Mariah had fun following her bliss as well on Saturday…
and decorating along with some dancing and cookie making.
Sunday I made our first annual batch of nuts and bolts here…
that always puts some more merry into the season!

Last Friday… I took my mother-in-law… to get her hair done in her building.
While she had her perm, I met with Jana and Beau at Home Sense for a little shop,
Beau was quick to point out the things he was getting for Christmas!
Saturday Mariah sent me a text from Grandpa's phone with this pic in her panda hat!
Monday, Brian and I joined Blanche in her dining room for a very nice lunch,
together… her new place is sure lovely… and looks merry now as well!

Last week we met with our good friends Joan and Gerry for a nice meal
at Mano's… turns out Joan had a birthday last week, too,
so we had a bit of a celebration for her as well.
Earlier in the week we met with some relatives of Brian's
for coffee at Broadway Cafe…
Chris and Joanne… nice to have a catch up with them too.
Both restaurants were looking Merry and Bright!

Brian and I had a chance to watch a little of Mariah's hip hop
on Friday on way out for supper with Joan and Gerry.
She is in her happy place doing hip hop, and
the little guy beside her was so cute too!

Mariah was feeling blissful and merry when making these reindeer cookies
saturday… she wanted a before and after picture, too!
They turned out
very cute, and tasted good, as well!

Sundays we normally go to Fuddrucker's for breakfast, but this past
Sunday we were invited to a lovely brunch at friends' Bob and Jacquie's
condo… and it was very MERRY and FESTIVE…
they outdid themselves on the decor and food…
all was beautiful…. as well as blissful!
Bob even wore his apron and chef hat from Paris!

The food was divine…
and the company was wonderful, too…
 A very blissful and merry occasion for all!

They truly thought of everything…
here is a pic of my plate… but there was lots more food, too…
so much … so tasty!

Their condo looked so festive and merry in every room…
this doesn't even do it justice…
much better to see it in person!

Monday night… we were treated to a lovely dinner out
with Jana and her store owner partner,
Melissa and her mom, Betty.
We ate at The Keg… also very festive and merry looking there.
So thoughtful of the girls to treat their parents,
Thanks girls!

This photo still sits out in our dining room ...
We were married on November 27th, 1976…
so tomorrow we will be celebrating 38 years of
WEDDED BLISS!



Thanks for popping by to check out this week's edition of my weekly blog post. Once again lots has gone on around here since my post a week ago.


I always love this time of year when I can bring out our Christmas decor and get it all festive and merry around here.
This time of year I also recall our wedding, too.
The year we were married …
there was no snow yet on our day…
November 27th, 1976.
I am pretty sure there has been snow on that date ever since, though. In fact this year I am finding the weather to be hard to get around in… maybe due to the rain followed by snow on the weekend… glad we didn't have that weather for our wedding day years ago!


I am proud of the accomplishment of our 38 years of wedded bliss… we have been through thick and thin… sickness and health… and together we have had a strong and lengthy  and loving marriage… here's is to many 
more years together.


We have had a few meal and coffee outings as pictured above in this past week. I have also had a chance to enjoy friends, and family alike on visits as well.


My good friend, Brenda, dropped around the day I put up my tree and brought us a BLISS BAR from STARBUCKS… one of my favourites! YUM!!!



We also had visits from friend, Robin, last week… but I did not get a photo… we did have a great visit, though!
Friends Vern and Ella… Scott and son, Ethan have been by and sisters in-law, Bev and Brenda popped by … 

so lots of action…oh and friend, Steve was here, too!


Jana was by with Beau while I put up the tree, and he wanted to help, but he seemed to hang everything on the same branch!!! … I rearranged when he left... wink, wink!
(hope he doesn't notice next time he is here!)



Saturday, Brian picked up Mariah for the afternoon…
She had a hand written list of "to-dos" which went like this:
-practice dancing
-make cookies
-decorate for Christmas
-rest
She was here from around 2 -9 PM…
so she was able to check off all the things on her list.
I am loving how much she is improving in her dance skills lately, too… I'm a very proud Grammie!

She is growing up so fast.


I have managed to tape many TV shows lately and squeeze in viewing times to watch some of them. I have really enjoyed the series of DWTS this year and will miss it now that the finale was on last night. I have also enjoyed this year's version of The Voice, as well.


We are getting excited for our visit from my son, Colin, and his girlfriend, Caro. They are coming for a 4 day visit from December 18th-22nd. Colin is not a real Christmas lover… but nice he will be here just before, none the less. I just hope he isn't too turned off with all the festive decor here, while here. Caro is anxious to see Colin's roots…
so she will see them in full force coming at this time of year!


I have a bucket list wish… to have a family photo session while they are home. I know photos are another thing that my whole family is not as into either… but maybe they will humour me along and help me fill my wish!
I am not sure who will take the photos…but I am thinking this is a once in a lifetime chance to get us all together… Brian and me… along with our kids… Colin and Jana… 

and their significant  others…
Caro and Nels… along with our grandkids,
Mariah and Beau.
Really this would make my CHRISTMAS…
filled with MERRY and BLISS!


Tonight I am invited to my friend, Cathy's house for supper and a cookie decorating session. I am sure we will have lots of merry and bliss doing that as well…
She has been such a good friend for me… and her daughter, Megan, who I used to teach dancing to,
will also join in the fun.


Tomorrow is another watching day for Mariah's ballet, so I will attend that, too. They have spread watching days out at her studio over the last 4 weeks. I've enjoyed the process as well as the progress!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my American friends and relatives tomorrow… and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my hubby, Brian, too!


Hard to believe Christmas is only a month away… I know the time will fly by… so I will 

"Keep calm and MERRY on!"



On that note… here is my rhyme of the day…

I love this season every year,
It brings so close, the things so dear.
The festive things so merry and bright,
And memories of our special night…
Years ago when we tied the knot,
Lots to remember, I love every thought!
Merry memories and lots of bliss,
Happiness, Laughter… sealed with a Kiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment