Wednesday, December 3, 2014

CHeeR… CooL & SWeeT!

"If we valued food and cheer above hoarding gold it would be a merrier world."
-Author Unknown

"Isn't it cool when days that are supposed to feel good,
actually do?"
- Jim Carrey

"Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words."
-Plautus


I shared a night filled with COOL CHEER and SWEET fun last
Wednesday at my friend, Cathy's house, when she invited me
for supper with her and her daughter, Megan… and a GREAT GIRL'S NIGHT
of GINGERBREAD decorating to Christmas tunes...
Thanks for a fabulous memory and start of a new tradition for me!

Cathy's home was filled with CHEER and of course her famous
Nutcracker collections and Christmas decor…
my photos do not do them justice…
the one Nutcracker even does a little production of the show…
so adorable!

Thursday… Brian and I celebrated our 38th year of marriage…
Vern treated Brian and me along with our friend, Ella all to a delicious lunch at
Moxie's Restaurant.
We also received a very SWEET and yummy
 bouquet of chocolate covered strawberries,
from friends, Joan and Gerry… so thoughtful,
it was called "Sweetheart Sizzler"…
 and we had ourselves a cool and sweet little celebration cocktail, too!

Also on Thursday… I had the kids to look after in the evening.
It was a watching day at Mariah's ballet, so Beau and I enjoyed that together,
then we all came back here where the kids enjoyed some
snacks in front of the two TVs!

Friday we got a chance to go view the Festival of Trees with Vern and Ella.
Thanks to our good friend, Steve for the passes to go check this event out.
I enjoy the trees and the outings with our friends…
sweet and cool!

Saturday my sitter-in-law, Bev picked up Mariah and took her to
help at another dog adoption again. Mariah loves this opportunity always…
here she is with the dog of the day she was looking after, named Hawkeye.
She even dressed it in a little sweater we donated to the adoption,
one Shuffle outgrew!

This weekend… was a big Black Friday shopping  extravaganza …
and Jana and her store partner , Melissa were featured in an article
in the news paper for their big shoe sale.
We went for a pasta lunch at Chianti's where I noticed the
sign with one of today's quotes on it!
I crafted a Thank you card for friends, Bob and Jacquie,
for the delicious meal we shared at their place last Sunday.
Vern came and watched the Greycup with us…
and Shuffle snuggled right in beside him!

Sunday we were joined by friends and family for our regular breakfast outing.
Vern and Ella both captured us in some family pics while we were there, too!

I have done up a couple of Dance studio Exam themes in the past week…
they had a batch of ballet exams a week ago… which were SUNSATIONAL…
and jazz exams are in progress now and I HoHoHope…
they are just SANT-A-STIC!
I do enjoy doing up themes for the studio,
it helps keeps me creative.

With the change of months… I was also back to the dance studio
to update more bulletin boards there on Sunday.
The pictures do not look like much… but there are many big bulletin boards,
which I try to update from month to month.
I no longer teach dancing there… but am still the "SOCIAL DIRECTOR"
of BSOBAD… (Brenda's School of Baton and Dance)… which helps me keep my foot in the door!




Well here it is DECEMBER already… where did 2014 go?
I cannot believe how fast time flies when one is having fun… and as you can see, that is what I have been doing!


This is a very full time of year filled with sweet cheer… and lots of cool stuff, too including the weather… wink wink!


I was so grateful to be included in the gingerbread decorating tradition at my friend, Cathy's last wednesday night. Her, and her daughter, Megan and I had a fun evening of cheer and sweet cookie decorating… thanks girls for the awesome GINGERBREAD… Girls Night Out! Next week Cathy has invited me to join her and our friend, Kellie in some spanakopita session… I have never made that… sounds like fun!


Thursday I was recalling our wedding day 38 years ago… and remembering all the fun we had then, and also reflecting on all the things that have happened in our life together since that special day. We do like to celebrate our day each year… and this year was no exception… we were treated by friend, Vern, to lunch at noon… received many special wishes by email, FB, and phone… as well as a sweet strawberry delivery, too, from good friends, Joan and Gerry
… and got to look after our grandkids
in the evening to top it off!


We have visited the Festival Of Trees at the Western Development Building for years now… and we did once again this year. I also made a trip to visit the Garden Architecture trees this week, too, with friend,  Ella. They do not allow photos at GA… but their trees and decor were absolutely
"TREE- LIGHTFUL"!


I am always happy when my sister-in-law, Bev can take Mariah along with her to the dog adoption at Cowtown in Confederation Park… every month or so. Mariah loves dogs and is so nurturing with them… she wishes she could have one of her own, but with the busy lives their family leads, it isn't really practical for them to have one.


Black Friday is becoming a big deal in Canada now… and Jana and her store partner, Melissa were featured in last Friday's news paper in an article about their pop up store in collaboration with 4 other stores last weekend. They are extending the sale to this coming weekend as well, just incase you missed it first weekend!
Their store , SWANK SHOE LOUNGE, has been
very successful in it's five year existence.
I am so proud of those girls and
their good business sense.


I have also made it to the gym a couple of times in the past week… which is good to try to balance off the sweets and good cheer I have been sharing lately!




I am super worried about my brother, Brian, in his new home. He purchased a church to live in this past summer, so he is finding it very cold to live in now that winter is setting in. Lucky for him he owns lots of sweaters and blankets… he will need them so he doesn't freeze. We did purchase a space heater for him the other day at costco… hope that helps him out!


Yesterday I managed to get rolling on some Christmas shopping… barely got going then it was time to go pick up Mariah from school and feed her supper and get her to her dancing lessons! I hope to get out and do more shopping today… my favourite parts of Christmas are the decorating … and the gift wrapping… but until I have gifts, I can't wrap!


My brother Bob and his wife Arleen… will become grandparents for the first time… soon… and I am getting so excited for them… and for Jeff and Savannah, 
new parents-to-be as well!


Well it has been a week filled with many things from 

Sweet Cheer… to Cool fun!


On that note… here is my rhyme of the day…


Once again it's that time of year…
To spread and share a lot of cheer.
Lots of sweet things we can do,
But also chilly and cool out, too.
With family and friends from day to day,
I cram a lot of fun in on the way!
I feel lucky and so blessed,
My life is mixed with cheer and zest!


No comments:

Post a Comment