Monday, December 8, 2014

Better with SPRiNKLES on Top!

"Sprinkles make me smile."
-Author Unknown

"You know, all that really matters is that people you love are happy and healthy. Everything else is just sprinkles on the sunday."
-Paul Walkers

"Sprinkle joy and it will come back to you."
Author Unknown


When making cookies on the weekend with my grandkids…
the ones with the most sprinkles seemed the best…
just like the hot chocolate with melted marshmallows!

Mariah and Beau came for a sleepover on Friday night and cookie decorating
was a fun activity for Mariah and me…
Beau enjoyed eating them more than decorating them!!!

Friday morning Brian and I met Jana for a yummy breakfast at a place called
Poached… and later Friday when Jana and Nels dropped off their
kiddies for a sleepover, I snapped a pic of them all dressed up
by our tree… everything seemed to have that extra sprinkle of love!

Saturday night was the annual Wheaton Christmas party…
Brian was honoured this season for 25 years there.

My good buddy Linda made a fast trip into the city to shop yesterday…
it is always tradition for us to share a latte sprinkled with fluff on top,
and also snap a pic or two… we are not that great at the "selflies"…
but we did capture the moment!

Last night we shared a nice supper with my mother-in-law,
Blanche, in her beautiful new home…
it was very festive and our evening was sprinkled with
love and wonderful memories!


More fun filled moments sprinkled with love from  our weekend.
Mariah decorating cookies, Beau eating cookies, the kids watching
Christmas movies with their grandpa, and Shuffle in her red ribbon,
snuggled in the cozy blanket.

This morning I popped by my good friend, Ella's to see her
lovely Christmas decor and share a coffee with her.
Her home looked festive  and was sprinkled with twinkling decorations…
and we enjoy time we can share together always.

Last Thursday our very first GREAT NIECE was born…
Today we met the very precious
JORJA KATHLEEN…
she is absolutely perfect… and we brought
her first tutu sprinkled with twinkling stars on it,
and I'm sure she will
wear it well when she grows into it.
Babies are like the sprinkles in life !



Well here it is another week and it has been SPRINKLED with many fun filled events along the way.


One of the most prominent events for Brian and me was the birth of our very first GREAT NIECE, JORJA, last week, on December 4th. Congratulations to my nephew, Jeff and his wife, Savannah, the proud new parents… and to my brother, Bob and his wife, Arleen, on becoming grandparents for the first time. I know first hand just how special becoming a parent and a grandparent is… this new chapter for them will be like the sprinkles on top of life!


We enjoyed our grandkids on Friday night for a sleepover and we had a very fun filled night of cookie decorating and Christmas and festive TV watching among other things… including lots and lots of sprinkles!

 We do not have many sleepovers any more, so it was an evening sprinkled with lots of love.


We also enjoyed the annual Wheaton Christmas party this past weekend, and Brian was honoured for his 25 years of work there. It is always a wonderful evening sprinkled with Festive food, friends and fun.


Last week I had a nice lunch outing with dance friends, Brenda, Debbie, and Sheri, and although I did not capture a photo, it was a very nice visit and meal shared together.

Yesterday … in addition to our weekly Fuddrucker's breakfast outing… my good friend, Linda came to the city for a  quick shop, visit and of course another traditional STARBUCKS which we love so much together!
Later we shared a nice supper with my mother-in-law, Blanche at her new assisted living home where she has now lived for just over a month. 




I enjoy any thing we can do at this time that revolves around Christmas festivities… and I especially love all the sprinkles twinkles and sparkly decor every where. I really do love this time of year for many reasons…
love the music, the decor and the wrapping and giving of gifts! I do find the shopping harder each year though… except when looking for my grandkids. I have to focus on some of the others we buy for, but I continue to see things I know Beau and Mariah would love!


Later this week I am invited to my friend, Cathy's to make spanokapita with her and our friend , Kellie. Also this week, my good friend, Lynne will visit from Regina for a couple days, too. I know we will get a chance to share some good girlfriend bonding while she is here.


Mariah has her school Christmas concert this week… which will be fun to attend. I always love those little school events where the kids proudly display what they have learned. Mariah has shared that she is doing sign language in it with her class this year… she is very enthusiastic to have us there in the audience.


Next week we will welcome my son, Colin and his girlfriend, Caro for 4 days. We are very excited to have some family get togethers and PHOTOS too hopefully while they are in town. We do not get together as a full family that often.


Wednesday, my niece, Rowen turns 15… hard to believe how fast she is growing up. she is such a lovely girl…and i wish her all the best for a great birthday.

Once again I am feeling blessed for the friends and family that are sprinkled through my life….I enjoy them all.



I also enjoy the Christmas shows on TV at this time of year. Tomorrow night is the start to the new season of the show called "The Sing Off"… which will be a Christmas one , so I know I will enjoy that for sure.

On that note, here is my rhyme of the day…


When given a special cookie making ""OPP"…
They taste much better with sprinkles on top!
SPRINKLE a lot, then carry on…
Just keep calm … and MERRY on!
Life's too short to skimp on SPRINKLES,
And on icing... sparkles and twinkles!
The more the merrier, do it up right,
Cuz 'tis the season for Merry and Bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment