Tuesday, December 23, 2014

HaPpY HoLiDaYs!

"May peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through. Happy Holidays!"
-Author Unknown

"LOVE
-Do what makes you happy. Be with who makes you smile. Laugh as much as you breath. Love as long as you live."
Author Unknown

"If you want to be happy, be."
-Leo Tolstoy


HAPPY HOLIDAYS
from our family in our own back yard…
to you and your families!

Last Wednesday we celebrated an early Christmas
with our grandkids and their parents!
You can see the excitement in the kids' faces…
many cherished moments and gifts were shared.

Mariah was kicking it up a notch in her new pug Christmas PJ's…
We shared a gift basket with Jana and Nels…
and we captured many fun photos.

Beau did some special bonding with his dad…
The kids had a fun visit from their great Auntie Bev, too…
who gave awesome gifts…
the build a bear "ninja turtle" for Beau and "Journey Girl "doll
for Mariah…
the kids are pretty lucky!!!
Jana shared a special gift from the heart with her dad, too,
which left us all emotional!

e
Mariah was so happy with all her gifts, and the boogie board and Jenga game
were a big hit… even when Caro and Colin came the next night.

Jana, Nels and the kids spoiled me…
I got a lovely watch, and cute calendar  in fun envelope,
and some nice cologne, too.

Colin and Caro also spoiled us with some beautifully cards hand crafted
by Caro's mom… some awesome BEATLES Yellow Submarine
Christmas Tree ornaments…
and some smoked meat from Schwartz's in Montreal…
all so thoughtful.

We had many very heart warming and special visits.
Beau idolized his uncle Colin… and Mariah idolized Caro.
We got in two visits with Grandma Blanche, too.
Sunday Beau hung out with his Uncle and Poppa!

Friday night we had a house full of relatives to visit .
Beau was very creative playing hockey with plastic containers tied on
his knees  for knee pads,  plastic spoons under his socks for skates,
and a wooden spoon for a hockey stick!
Yesterday my brother Brian popped by briefly too.
Colin introduced Caro to many relatives, but the time ran out
to see them all.
Caro shared that she was so happy to meet who ever she did meet.

Saturday night our kids prepared a lovely mexican meal from scratch…
which we ate at Jana's… followed by a little garage hockey game.
Then Colin and Caro stayed for a hot tub night and sibling bond.

Sunday … good friends, Jorge and Kristen,
took some indoor and out door photos of the family…
so I got my wish to have some family photos done!
Kristen was a former dance student of mine back in the day,
she joined us for a coffee visit after as well.

We did some indoor pics by our tree before  going outside and
having some photos by our big fir tree in our own backyard,
the tress were all so pretty
and have been so picturesque the last few days.

We got one of the kids and their partners and our grandkids.

Jana and Nels and their little family...

A special one of us with our two kids.

I knew I would be pushing my luck to have the
family put on Santa hats… so I got one of me wearing one!
Thanks to Jorge and Kristen…
these photos will hold the memories we shared this past week
in our hearts forever.


HAPPY HOLIDAYS !



Thanks to each and everyone checking out today's
"CHRISTMAS" family edition of my blog.
This past week has been a very happy one and an early Merry Christmas for our family, too.


We were so grateful that our son, Colin and his girlfriend, Caro were able to come from their home in Montreal,
 for a brief visit this year during the festive season. Our daughter, Jana and her family are doing their Christmas this year with the other grandparents and the kids' cousins,
so we shared an earlier one this year
as we do every second year.


This Christmas will be a bit different as we lost my dear
father-in-law this past August. Traditionally we have spent every Christmas Eve of our married life sharing family time at the home of my mother and father in law. This year Blanche is no longer in the house, and will do a new chapter of Christmas in her new residence. Brian and I will share a turkey supper with her in her new place on Christmas day.
We hope to pop by my brother's for a bit after as well.
This is an exciting Christmas for Bob and Arleen… being the first one as Grandparents, to sweet baby Jorja!



First Christmases with missing loved ones are never easy and this will be no exception for not only our family, but for my sister-in-law, Arleen, who also lost her father in August, and my cousins who lost their father, my dear Uncle Charlie, this past March. I have been without my parents for many years now, so I know first hand how hard it is to transition  into new traditions and chapters… especially at Christmas time. We will feel their spirit with us, though.
I know all of our special angels will be sharing love from above this year.


I have felt super blessed with all the family times I have shared this past bit… and really this time of year does revolve around family. Even though we are all different, we are all connected by love. The times we can share are cherished memories always.


I am also grateful for all the friends we have in our lives and are so lucky to spend times with many of them as well.
We did our weekly Sunday Fuddrucker's breakfast
with friends, Vern, Ella, Bob and Jacquie…and later today are invited for a supper at Ella's lovely home as well, with that same group of friends.


Last week a friend through my dance years, Pat, had me over to see her many Christmas trees and gave me a few cute doggie collars for Shuffle. Pat is a creative lady and was a wonderful dance grandma to her grand daughter, Andrea, who I taught for years.


Today I had a fabulous Body Vive class at Goodlife gym, and feel fortunate to have such inspiring teachers, there…
today Theresa and Trent taught… and it was fun.
I needed some gym in my life… as I have certainly been eating lots of the good food of the season lately!
They even have a sign in the gym that says:
"MERRY FITNESS!"


Sunday afternoon, we shared some special time with just Beau. We often have just Mariah… and the grandkids enjoy that special one on one time. Beau and I went for a lunch at BP together and he ate his favourite "Bugs & Cheese" macaroni dish he always orders.
He played lots of hockey all afternoon with his improvised hockey "QUIPMENT!"


My life is filled with so many fun things and it is nice to reflect on those. Those are the ones we want to hold on to in life. This past week was a week of many blessings.


Later today my niece, Emily, nephew, Alec and their mom, Gail will be visiting from Vancouver. They are on their second Christmas with out their dad, Bruce.
He does live on in all of our hearts, and always will.


I have two nephews with December birthdays…
Yesterday was nephew, Alec's 21st.
And on the 31st, my nephew, Lucas turns 22.
Happy Birthday to those two…
they are growing up so fast.


We wish each and everyone a very
Merry Christmas
and hopes for the brightest things
 to come in 2015.


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

To all my blog readers… thanks
for being a part of my little world.


On that note…
my rhyme of the day!

Happy Holidays from our house to yours,
Spend special time in and out doors.
Be with the ones you love the most,
Celebrate the season, with one big toast!
Cherish the memories, new and old,
Take it all in, it's a lot to behold.
Christmas will come to those who believe...
Give from your heart, and you will receive.
The angels on earth and also above,
Will be all around to share so much love.
Soon this season we will call it a wrap…
Time sure flies... it's gone in a snap.
Wishing a new year with all of the best,
Live each day with love and some zest!

No comments:

Post a Comment