Monday, January 5, 2015

BRAND NEW!

"Cheers to a New Year and another chance 
for us to get it right."
-Oprah Winfrey

"It's time to rise and shine. 
Wake up and make the day mine.
In this brand new world. I'm at the starting line."
-Unknown

"Wake up to a brand new day. 
Never stop giving. Never stop loving .
Make each moment count."
-Unknown

Here we are ready to kick off a BRAND NEW YEAR…
at our dear friends' BOB and JACQUIE's festive looking home.
They did it up in style and THEME, too making it a
"BLAST FROM THE PAST"
These two really know how to throw a party and entertain!

I captured many photos of the evening's events which began in
Bob and Jacquie's condo greeting the 29 guests there…
and moving into the big common room… all beautifully decorated…
for delicious food and drinks and festive fun!

Once again Jacquie outdid herself with all the food she cooked
to serve her guests… and it was not only delicious tasting it was presented
with such elegance and style as only she can do!
She looked like a Queen, too, i might add…
wearing a gown and tiara of her mother's
from her past… fitting into her party theme.

From ringing in the BRAND NEW YEAR at Bob and Jaquie's party…
… to updating boards…
I went to the studio to update the many bulletin boards
from CHRISTMAS and SANTA THEME...
to JANUARY CELEBRATIONS THEME!
I also took down the Santas around home too…
but tree and snowmen are still up…
for SNOWMAN-UARY!!!

January 2nd… I thought of my dear dad once again
as we remembered his sudden passing on that date
back in 2000.
It is hard to believe 15 years have passed since his passing,
but he is and always will be in my heart and his spirit
will live on forever more.

We got a chance to go visit my nephew Brad and Janelle
at their BRAND NEW HOME just last week… and later in the new year
they will become BRAND NEW PARENTS… such exciting times for them.

I also visited my hairdresser, Marla(who preferred not to be in a photo,
but i took one of her adorable tree in her basement…
she does such a great job of my hair always…
freshening it up and making me feel BRAND NEW!

I also finally got a chance to pop by my dear Auntie Mary's nursing home
and have a visit and I delivered a tray of goodies to her.
She is such a special Auntie to me and
every visit feels special and like a BRAND NEW one,
even if some stories have been told before!

On New Year's day… we met our friends… Ella and Vern for our
first STARBUCKS of the NEW YEAR!
Yesterday was a chilly day so I enjoyed some of my yummy
BRAND NEW
Hot Chocolate (with marshmallows),
I got  as a gift for Christmas from my buddy Linda…
I love all the sayings on the box as photographed here!

On New Year's Day… Jana texted me photos of her kids
heading to Table Mountain to go Snow Boarding…
It was a Brand New experience for Beau…and a fun one I heard!

Yesterday Beau got BRAND NEW hockey equipment
for the BRAND NEW hockey experience to begin for him
this coming Saturday!
He is a pretty proud new little hockey star!!!

On Friday I met with Jana and her kids at Winners…
Beau turns shopping into a BRAND NEW EXPERIENCE every time…
here he is in a Darth Vader mask and no boots…
"may the force be with us all!"
Saturday was a special gathering of friends for my girlfriend, Joanne's
Birthday... for drinks and appies at Earl's…
friends, Brenda and Vern captured these photos  of the event,
as my phone was full again!!!… hmmmm I must take too many photos!

Soon we will be having our family birthday
celebrations here, too… as
Jana, Colin and I all have birthdays coming up…
and one of us is even entering a
BRAND NEW DECADE!!!!



HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

As I sit down to write my very first blog post of 2015,
I am here to say thanks for all the reading you have done to keep up with me till now.
 I doubt that anyone of you has read every blog I have written… but just for the records…
this is blog post # 410!



I began writing this blog on December 31st of 2010…and since then it has been a journey of recording all the fun and positive things in my life along the way. It is always a brand new experience for me each time as I go through the pictures and events that have occurred since the previous post. I am ever grateful I have done this as I can choose to go back at any time and see what
I was up to in times gone by.
So many special times and wonderful pictures
to store in my  memories forever.


As I begin the very first full week of 2015… I have lots to look forward to. We definitely kicked off the new year in style at our friend's Bob and Jacquie's as they once again hosted another annual New Year's Eve party extraordinaire!
They are truly the hosts with the most… and they are both hitting milestone birthdays this year, as well…
their energy and enthusiasm is to be commended and admired… they are both true inspirations.


I know many people who celebrate birthdays in January… and my good friend Joanne is one of those. We had a fun little impromptu party with her and some of the BSOBAD friends on Saturday night at Earl's. I am always grateful for all the friends I have met through my experience in the dance world….
as well as the many on other genres of life!


Soon we switch from Christmas CELEBRATIONS to Birthday CELEBRATIONS here at our house!
My birthday is Saturday followed by Jana's on Sunday and my son, Colin's next Sunday… so within a week…
we will all be a BRAND NEW AGE!
… and one of us is entering a BRAND NEW DECADE as well… hehehe… something to CELEBRATE for sure!

It is always hard to take down Christmas around here… but I did start Phase One of that procedure yesterday putting away all the Santas and Nativity stuff. I still have my tree up even though it's top section no longer lights up!!!

I like to leave the Snowmen out for a while… because really they are more about WINTER than Christmas… and we are definitely on winter now!


The grandkids are back to school and day care again today for the first time in the BRAND NEW YEAR… and the routines begin once again following their Christmas break. Mariah's dance lessons start up again this week…
and Beau will begin his hockey!


I was grateful for a visit to my hairdresser this past week… Marla does the best job of my hair …
Thanks for keeping me freshened up always!


I also paid a visit the gym… for a fabulous BRAND NEW start on my fitness for the year at Body Vive on Saturday… Thanks Theresa for the great class. Following the gym…
I came back for a coffee visit with good friends
Ella and  Heather at my house.


We were  lucky to go visit Brad and Janelle in their new home… and I enjoyed a visit with Auntie Mary at her home last week. Yesterday we stopped by my mother-in-law, Blanche's home for a visit as well.
All warm visits in this very
cold time of year!!!


Sunday we met with our group of morning breakfast friends at Fuddrucker's and even though it was very cold out… our companionship and good breakfasts kept us all warm and we left feeling like BRAND NEW!


Once again I want to THANK all my blog readers for stopping by to read today's BRAND NEW post…
and I want to wish every one
Happiness and Good Health in this
BRAND NEW YEAR ahead…

On that note…
here is my Brand New Rhyme of the day!


It's always fun to welcome  BRAND NEW …
Have a fresh start in all that we do.
Start a new year with a brand new decade,
Being grateful for memories once made.
Getting ready in the starting gate…
For BRAND NEW beginnings to Celebrate!
A BRAND NEW year… for a BRAND NEW start,
A BRAND NEW chance to follow your heart!





No comments:

Post a Comment