Monday, January 19, 2015

THANKS a "LATTE"!

"Your friendship means a "LATTE" to me!"
-Author Unknown

"Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot."
-Hansa Proverb

"Good coffee is a pleasure. Good friends are a treasure."
-Author Unknown


I actually made it to STARBUCKS 2 times this week…
once on Thursday with daughter, Jana...(not photographed!)
And Saturday with Brian and Vern…
still loving their many yummy LATTES…
and received 4 STARBUCKS cards for my Birthday, too…
so a LATTE more trips there I am thinking!

Once again I need to say a BIG THANK YOU for the wonderful gifts
I received last weekend for my Birthday…
I was truly spoiled beyond words!

I had a lot of fun crafting  THANK YOU cards this past week
 for all the wonderful gifts I received…
now to get them all delivered!!!
(Maybe some will be shared with a LATTE!)

Thursday night we went to watch Beau...(smallest one in white)
at his can skate lessons… he loves it.
He is now in hockey school, too, on Saturdays…
will have to go watch that one day soon, too!

On Friday when I asked Brenda to join me for a latte at Starbucks,
she invited me to her place for a yummy lunch instead…
she made pizza, salad, and delicious cookies…
MERCI BEAU COUP… buddy!

Saturday night Brian and I decided to go out on a date!
As we were walking into Manos restaurant, we saw some friends
we had not seen in a long time… so they joined us for a yummy meal
and awesome catch up!
Nice to see friends… Lindsey, Bill and Lousie.

Sunday morning we had another one of our traditional
Fuddrucker's breakfasts…
The kids came and joined in the fun as well
as some of our good buddies!

The grandkids came to hang out with us yesterday afternoon…
We tried to make a snowman, but the snow wasn't sticky enough to do a big one,
so we settled for a baby one on the steps!

We then came in for treats…
Beau had a snowman ice cream cone… with a Kit Kat Hat!
He loves his sweets!!!

Mariah wanted to make cookies… we did some chocolate chip ones …
and mixed up some sugar cookies, too,
but the dough had to be in fridge for a couple hours,
so we made those later at their house,
following her extra ballet lesson!

When we brought the kids home after their afternoon with us,
Beau played a little living room hockey … while Mariah sat and read.
She is becoming such a little reader.
We also stayed for a very yummy supper there as well…
so nice to bond with family also.
THANKS to Jana and Nels for the meal.

I snapped photos of these old photos of my Son Colin at age 2…
yesterday he turned 36… where does the time go?
All I know is how THANKFUL I am that I became a mom…
Motherhood has been a wonderful chapter of my life.
Now my grandson, Beau reminds me lots
of Colin when he was small.
I love my blond boys with brown eyes… both so handsome!



Well here it is another Monday…
and another chance to do another week's
worth of events in review in my weekly blog post!
As always I am very thankful for all the positives in my life…and thanks for popping by to read all about it!


I have had a week to reflect on my new decade in life…
and be thankful for the many things I have in it.
I really had a fun time crafting up some Thank You cards for my birthday party guests this past week.
Nothing like a little crafting fix to put a smile on my face!!!
I haven't crafted cards in a while… but still enjoy it…
Now I have many cards to deliver… or mail out!


My friends and family all know just how much I love STARBUCKS!
In fact I received 4 STARBUCKS cards as gifts at my party, so this week I was on a mission to go out for a latte or two, but it was funny how many people I asked were busy this past week. I have no problem picking up a latte and having it on my own, but it is always more fun to share
with good company.  I know I will have many chances to
go out for lattes in weeks and months to come, too.
I did get a chance to have a latte with Jana… as well as Brian and friend, Vern this past week.
I do LOVE STARBUCKS!


I saw lots of the grandkids this past week…
we picked up Beau on Monday from daycare…
and then both kids on Wednesday as well.
Then we saw Beau again at skating on Thursday…
and had the kids all afternoon yesterday, too.
I am always grateful for the times we can share with them.
I am a lucky grandma to have my two grandkids living in the city to share lots of fun times with.


Friday I was invited to my buddy, Brenda's beautiful home for a great lunch and friendship bond, too… we always have a lot of fun together whenever we get that chance.


I have been missing my good gym buddy, Ella,
 while she is on a little cruise adventure.
She gets home at the end of this week.
I have still managed to make it to a few gym classes
without her, but it is way more fun for me when
she is there, too! That being said…
the classes were all good that I went to.


We were excited to hear baby news from two good friends this past week…
friends, Lynne and Mike became grandparents for their 4th time to their newest grand baby girl,
UNA JAIME
first baby for  CARLY and DUNCAN.
Also this week... friends,
Wayne and Shelley became first time grandparents
when their daughter, Stacey  and her husband, Gene,
had their little girl,
HARPER LILY!
CONGRATS to all those happy families…
we are excited for all of you, too!


I know just how exciting that stage of life is…
I recalled when I became a mom for the first time,
just yesterday as my oldest child,
Colin celebrated his 36th birthday.
Time sure flies when you are having fun…
I am happy to report just how much fun we had
and still have when ever we connect with him.
We called him to wish him Happy Birthday yesterday,
and the grandkids got a chance to talk to him too. Beau asked him where his mini sticks were in the basement.
He is so much like Colin was as a child, in personality and in looks a bit, too! FUN to see history repeating!


I am ever grateful for many things in my life these days… and glad I have my blog to record them to recall later when I choose to look back on them in years gone by.


But for now… I might just have to go for a little LATTE!

On that note…
here is my rhyme of the day!


I have so much to be thankful for,
Family, friends and so much more.
Birthdays, celebrations and lots of fun,
And drinking LATTES with everyone!
Grandkids, snowmen, cookie baking…
Having fun, just memory making!
Out to dine with special peeps…
THANKS a "LATTE"…
a bunch and heaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment