Monday, January 26, 2015

Oh… The GOOD LIFE!

"The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge."
-Bertrand Russell

"The good life is a process, not a stage of being. It is a direction not a destination."
-Carl Rogers

"Love the life you live. Live the life you love."
-Bob Marley

The other day I noticed this "GOOD LIFE"saying floating around Facebook…
I think it kind of inspired my theme for today's blog!
Also on the left… some cute mugs with sayings on them…
along with a starbucks from last Monday
when I went for one of those, too...
I like there new red mugs with Valentine's coming up!

Tuesday we had a great visit with friends Alex and Robin.
Thursday we popped by to see the grandkids… but they were into
their TV shows at that point… so these are not my best photos
of them!!!

Mariah had made a beautiful calendar for her grandpa…
each month has a created poem with some little drawings…
I especially loved this little poem she created for the month of March,
called Ten Little Bunnies… not only is it a cute poem,
her printing is so neat for a student in grade 3!
(I think she has an interest for poetry like her gramma D!)

Last week I received a sweet piece of mail
from my Auntie Betty in Chicago…
a lovely card… a hand signed "Rino" original…
with a little booklet
created by my dad from years gone by
with a story and poem he wrote in it…
what a treasure!
I think I get my poetry interests from my dad, too!

Thursday night last week… we went to visit my sweet
GREAT NIECE JORJA…
Also visiting there when we were there were her grandparents…
my sister-in-law, Arleen, and my brother, Bob…
they are very proud grandparents, too!
Jeff was pretty proud to show off his sweet little girl, too, I might add!

Later that night… Arleen emailed me these sweet photos of Jorja…
Hard to believe she is nearly 2 months old…
I love the pic of her on her first month, with the big bunny…
they will photograph her by the bunny each month to
see how much she is growing… great idea!

Friday night we had a nice supper to welcome my good buddy home
from her cruise… and we invited friends…
Vern, Bob and Jacquie. Brian made a delicious supper,
and afterward Ella shared her
holiday photos on her iPhone!

This photo is a throwback to 2 years ago at GOODLIFE GYM…
of Ella and me in the hot pants in front of the sign in the the change room,
saying "Join the Party!"…
seemed to be fitting for today's theme… GOOD LIFE…
I was happy, too, to have Ella back at the gym with me again.
I still love the gym we go to together!…
two years we still look kind of the same, too!!! hehehe

Yesterday I spent some time at BSOBAD Dance Studio
updating their studio bulletin boards from
winter to HEARTS with Valentines coming up.
I do enjoy that little job there… and I love a theme, too!
They had many new photos there for me to hang as well.



HAPPY MONDAY everyone…
and thanks for stopping by to read
 this week's edition of my weekly blog !


My past week was filled with many little things… such as a trip to GOODLIFE GYM every day! I was sort of proud of myself for making an effort to get there each day for a class,
Monday night I did BODY JAM
Tuesday morning I did BODY VIVE
Wednesday morning I did BODY FLOW
Thursday morning I did ZUMBA
Friday Morning I was happy to have my good gym buddy, Ella, back to join me at BODY FLOW
followed by a coffee at her place.
Saturday I did another BODY VIVE class with Ella
followed by coffee here after.
All the gym classes are so good there and the instructors are also first class and inspirational… so for that I am always grateful… I just need to get back into getting there lots now!
It is amazing how much better I feel
when I exercise more often.


In my previous blog post, I mentioned how I received several STARBUCKS cards for my birthday… therefore have been on a mission to go and share a latte with someone! I did exactly that on Tuesday with my friend, Trona. We did not have a photo of it, though…but did have an awesome visit.
 I also picked up Beau from his day care early that afternoon, as he wanted to come and spend the afternoon with us. It is so cute how he likes to hang out with his grandparents, so for that I am ever grateful, too!


Tuesday night we had a sweet visit from friends, Alex and Robin. It is nice when ever they pop by for a visit. Robin became friends years ago when she was our dog sitter when we went away…and we have been such
good friends ever since.


Thursday was a full day, too… we met Vern at Starbucks for coffee, and while there Mariah called us to say she wanted us to pop by and get a gift she made for her grandpa.
The calendar was a school project she made as a Christmas gift… but it didn't get finished till after.
It is so cute… with a poem per month written by her and little drawings throughout. They got a mark on this project too and she got 10 out of 10 for her good work! We are always so proud of how well she does in school… she seems very conscientious. The calendar will be a little
treasure to keep forever.

Speaking of treasures…
My Auntie Betty was cleaning drawers and apparently came across a little booklet my dad made many years ago as a child. She sent it along to me in the mail.
My dad loved to write stories and poems… as do I…
so I think this is something that is being passed down through the generations.


Thursday, we had a great visit at my nephew, Jeff and his wife, Savannah's place. My brother, Bob and his wife, Arleen were there too. We were all there to see sweet JORJA, my great niece. I hadn't seen her since Christmas…and it is amazing how fast babies grow at first. She is not only filling out, but her little personality is really developing now, too. She is sure a little sweetie!


I was so happy to welcome my good buddy, Ella back after her two week holiday. I really missed her while she was gone… it is always nice to have a good friend to go to the gym and for coffee with. She and I both enjoy that and it is also more fun with a buddy! We decided to have a supper Friday night to get together with our friends as well.

Yesterday we enjoyed our weekly breakfast at Fuddruckers with friends. I later did some studio bulletin boarding followed by a nice visit with my mother-in-law, Blanche,
at her new residence.


I know I say this a lot but… I am truly blessed with the best people in my life. I guess that is what makes my life seem so much like a "GOOD LIFE!"


I have some more birthday celebrations coming up…
this week I am doing a belated birthday lunch…
and also on Wednesday I wish "Happy Birthday"
to my sister-in-law BRENDA.
On the 30th it is my cousin, Darcy's birthday, followed by  my cousin, Jan's birthday on the 31st.
I hope everyone enjoys their BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS!


I see by my calendar that today is
AUSTRALIA DAY…
but I know with the time difference it is likely nearly over there… hope it was a good one!
We have relatives and friends living in Australia.


On the weekend a famous skater,
TOLLER CRANSTON, passed away at the age of 65.
He influenced so many with his artistic abilities on ice and off. He was a creative skater and painter. I know one of my mentors, Brian Foley, had lots to do with some of his choreography back in the day, too. Toller will be missed, but fondly remembered for the artistry he left behind.


On that note…
here is my rhyme of the day!

When it comes to my life, I'd say mine is good,
There's not too much I'd change , if I could.
I also must say and have to confess…
It's better to live more, and worry less.
I'm grateful for family and also for friends,
I really do have the greatest of blends.
I'm thankful for music, dancing and the gym,
Where I make an attempt to try to stay slim!!!
At GOODLIFE gym… they offer so much…
The teachers, the classes are fantastic and such!
As life goes by, I become more grateful…
For all that I have, I feel celebrateful!
There's certain things , we just cannot change,
So instead we accept it, although it is strange...
Make the least of our worst, and most of our best…
And enjoy what each day brings in the life fest!







No comments:

Post a Comment