Monday, February 2, 2015

So Much CELEBRATING!

"Let time celebrate your presence, you keep smiling as ever."
-Sri Sri

"Stop worrying about the potholes in the road 
- Celebrate the journey."
-Fitshugh Mullan

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. 
It's the life in your years."
-Abraham Lincoln

I had another Birthday lunch outing this past week!
And although it is fun being sang to while wearing the crazy
Moose hat… it is somewhat silly too…
but it is a way to CELEBRATE!

Joining me on this birthday lunch outing at Montanna's
were my good buddies
Ella, Jacquie and Heather…
Once again this year… they were good sports and posed
for photos in the Happy Birthday Glasses!

As well as the birthday lunch I shared at Montanna's…
I also shared a birthday lunch with my sisters-in-law,
here on the bottom left…Bev and Brenda.
(this photo was actually taken at my party earlier this month),
but we did enjoy lunch
at The Cactus Club on Saturday
to Celebrate Brenda who had a birthday last week!

Last week… I also enjoyed a starbucks/winners outing
with my buddy Gailene…
We liked the prints with sayings on them as photographed here.
I also ran into a friend, Colleen, yesterday and had a coffee with her, too,
but no photo together…
Colleen and Gailene are my "SCOOTER" friends!

Ellen Degeneres Celebrated her birthday on January 26th…
but she had a celebration every day on her show last week.
(She's a girl after my heart stretching out the celebrations!)
I loved the gifts she shared including these LOAFERS
made out of LOAFS of bread!
I loved seeing the SYTYCD top six from 2014
perform on that show as well.

Brian and I joined our friend Vern for a STARBUCKS on Thursday,
and Jana and Mariah ended up popping by there while we were there, too!

Friday Vern treated Ella, Brian and me to a nice
lunch at Earl's before he headed off on  a trip
to Hawaii for the next month.

Friday I picked up Mariah from school and
fed her before taking her to her dancing lessons.
It was WACKY HAIR DAY at her school that day,
so she is modelling
the "DO" she wore here!
She loves her mashed potatoes…
and had those and hot chocolate for her snack before going to her lesson.
She is a girl who celebrates life day to day.

We were invited to a wonderful
SURPRISE 85th BIRTHDAY PARTY
on Saturday for dear friends…
JOE and OMA
seen here with their family… Derek, Barry, Joanne and Janet…
along with a live jazz saxophonist.
The cake and decor were all so fabulous, too…
I loved the musical, dance,  red and black theme!

The party was such a  fabulous celebration…
and a nice chance for many visits for the party guests of all ages
 from young to young at heart!
The party decor was done by Lisa, Barry's wife and it was in their home, too.
I had a nice catch up here with youngest daughter, Janet…
Here also is Shirley, their daughter in law with her newest grand daughter,
born in January.
Lots to CELEBRATE in these photos.

Other babies born in January are seen here…
I saw these photos posted on Facebook…
on the left, Baby UNA JAIME, first child for
friends, Carly and Duncan in Vancouver.
On the right …
baby HARPER LILY first child for Stacey and Gene,
and below shown with grandparents,
Wayne and Shelley.
I know they are all celebrating these new family members,
babies are such little miracles in life!


Here is a very old photo of me… but one I use as my adjudicating
"Headshot"… I will be adjudicating in Edmonton come April.
This week BSOBAD dance studio is doing their TAP EXAMS…
so I do up different themes for all the exam sessions…
I have done so many over the years… but have never used FOXES…
I hope every TAP FOX really ROCKS in their exam this year,
and soon will be celebrating another grade passed.




HAPPY GROUND HOG DAY!
I don't think there will be too many ground hogs celebrating though, today as it is darned chilly out there,
at least here in Saskatoon it is.


This past week has been another one filled with more things to celebrate… including some extended birthday celebrations for my self and other family members and friends, too.

I am one who loves a reason to celebrate anything big or small… even a coffee outing to me is like a celebration, and lately I have had quite a little STARBUCKS SAGA
going on, too!!! hehehe


My good buddy Ella was away at the time of my big 60th SURPRISE party and wanted to treat me to lunch this past week so her along with friends, Jacquie and Heather met at Montanna's for a fun lunch outing. We all enjoyed the meal and visit as well as the fun and shenanigans they do there for birthday celebrations!


My sister-in-law, Brenda celebrated a birthday last week, so sister-in-law, Bev and I treated her to a nice lunch outing at the Cactus Club. It is always fun to do a traditional sister birthday celebration together in honour of our birthdays…
Bev's isn't until July! Due to the fact my phone is often full and says cannot take photos,
I did not actually capture that event in a photo.
(It's a sign to get deleting some more photos
to make room for more new ones!)


As well there were other family birthdays being acknowledged this past week…
in addition to Brenda on the 28th… my cousin Darcy celebrated on the 29th, and my cousin Jan had her birthday on the 31st.
I was reminded of other family birthdays…
Brian's cousin , Gail had a birthday on the 30th…
We sill recall some of those who live on in our hearts as well...Brian's Grandma would have been 125 on the 29th,
My Uncle Rudy would have been 100 on the 28th, and my Auntie Jean would have been 99 on the 1st of February.
Even though some of those birthday relatives have been gone for a while, it is nice to remember them and remember just how special they were to us while they were still with us.


My cousin Jan posted a lovely song in honour of her dad, my Uncle Rudy, on her Facebook page last week on the day he would have been 100.
The words were so meaningful and I want to share those here…
"YOU'RE A PART OF ME"
I keep your twinkle in my pocket
Sometimes I put it in my eye
I keep your wisdom in a locket
It lets me know, when someone asks me why
There's your strength in my tone
And your humour in my funny bone
Oh I'm never alone!
For you're a part of me
You may be gone, but you live on inside of me
Your tears and my laughter
Maybe that's what they mean by "the life after"
I keep your twinkle in my pocket
Sometimes I put it in my eye!
-By Jan Horvath


We felt honoured to be invited to share in a wonderful milestone birthday celebration for dear friends, Joe and Oma, on the weekend, too. We go way back to my studio days when I taught their daughters,
Joanne and Janet dancing, back in the 1970's.
Joe turned 85 on January 26th and Oma is 85 today… so in their honour, their second oldest son, Barry and his wife, Lisa (who I also taught dancing back in the day), held a big SURPRISE PARTY at their beautiful home.
In addition to their own family and extended family, many of their friends gathered to celebrate this fabulous couple,
who really do live their life to the fullest.
The home was beautifully decorated in red, white and black with dancers and musical notes everywhere. Both Joe and Oma love music and dancing … something else I have in common with them, so I did love the decorations, and I do love a theme, too, always! We were so happy to be included in this event and it was so special to catch up with not only the dancers and people in their family,
 but with friends we know from years gone by.


We have shared many outings with family and friends by going for coffees and meals here and there, and cherish the memories  we make along the way. Just last week I got to see 2 friends I hadn't seen in a while on separate occasions… Gailene and Colleen.
We call ourselves the "SCOOTERS"!
They were both dance parents of dancers who danced in my studio too. Us ladies took a quiz on Facebook years ago to see which Muppet we most resembled and all got Kermit the frog's nephew and stage hand, Scooter! So needless to say the "SCOOTER" name has stuck with us ever since!


I know many people were celebrating yesterday while watching the Super Bowl Football game. I am not personally a football watcher, but did tune in to bits of the event, and watched the half time show. It was a big celebration event for sure.Next weekend we will be celebrating again as the annual musical awards will be chosen on the Grammy's held on Sunday the 8th of February. It seems there are celebration shows on TV for weeks and months to come…
Always something to Celebrate!


For me, I just like to try to celebrate daily life whenever I get the chance… it is a good way to live. I know we all have good days and bad days, but in the end, it is nice to focus on the good ones and just celebrate them. I truly believe there is something we can all celebrate every day… even if some days we have to search harder to find it.


I am still celebrating the fact that I am making a conscious effort to get to the gym more often… which is a good thing, as with all the celebrations we have been a part of lately I need the gym to help balance things out a bit!


Yesterday Brian and I popped by to say hi to his mom. Brian's two sisters, Bev and Brenda were also there along with my niece, Rowen, and my nephews, Sam and Luke.
It almost seemed like a party, too… not often do we all show up there at the same time just for a little visit!
It is always nice to connect for whatever the reason or CELEBRATION!


I celebrate all times I connect with my family and grandkids, too. I saw a bit of Mariah this past week, but haven't seen Beau in over a week. Hopefully we will see him one day this week. I know I will be seeing Mariah tomorrow when I get her from school and to her dancing. I enjoy the Tuesday bonds we have shared together this year.

On that note…
Here is my poem of the week.

Last month had a lot of celebrations going on,
Some days it started early and lasted through till dawn.
I like to celebrate little things, and turn them to a lot…
 I am one who celebrates each little thing and thought!
We're only here on borrowed time, so why not fill it up,
Make the very most of it… put whip cream in your cup!
Gather with the family, and also with the friends,
Even on the quiet days, have some perfect blends.
Whether it be Starbucks, or a cup of tea…
Life is just worth celebrating, if it's up to me!
From birthdays with a milestone year…
To memories of that someone dear,
Live life to the fullest and do not wait,
Each day has something special for us
to CELEBRATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment