Monday, February 16, 2015

SnOw MUCH FAMiLY LOVE!

"FAMILY Where life begins and love never ends."

"Family is like music, some high notes, some low notes,
but always a beautiful song."

"Kindness is like snow - it beautifies everything it covers."

"Snowflakes are kisses from heaven."

All the above quotes in today's blog theme 
were found on the internet  as 
-Author Unknown


This wonderful family photo was taken in December by our
evergreen tree in the back yard.
Thanks to friend Jorge for taking this!
I thought it went well with today's theme… and seeing as it is
FAMILY DAY…
I felt I should share it once again.

The bottom two photos were taken this morning with way more snow
than  we had when the above photo was done!!!

More FAMILY LOVE was shared this past week…
we had supper at Jana and Nels's place.
After supper a trip to dollarama …
after Beau played with his new planes while
Mariah was so into doing her  valentines for her class mates!

It always makes my heart smile to see my grandkids…
and see them loving life!

I shared a delicious meal and friend bond last week with these two good buddies.
Brenda treated both Ella and me to a fun filled friendship lunch
at a little place called "D'Lish!"

The mugs there are filled with fun quotes and sayings about life…
hard to read in the photo… the meals truly were D'Lish!

I posted these photos to my Facebook for throwback Thursday last week…
when my friend, Ella's dad was only  99 and a half!
This weekend he turned 100.
I feel privileged to have met and to know her dad, Bill… he is a real gem!

Many Friend- Family Celebrations filled with LOVE this past week…
Good friend, Nichole became a first time grandma to her little grandson,
RYKER JAMES SHANE…
Friends Joan and Gerry were thrilled to welcome their fourth
grand daughter… GEORGIA GRACE.

Friend Ella and her family celebrated her dear dad, Bill,
on the weekend when he reached the milestone age of
ONE HUNDRED YEARS YOUNG!

Lots of families lots of celebrations all filled with love!

Another LOVE FILLED CELEBRATION of life
was for my friend, Heather's sweet mom, Mildred.
Her funeral was held one day before what would have been
her 97th Birthday.

Heather did such a lovely and loving tribute to her mother,
and I know she will now remain in her heart forever more.
I loved the lovely quote on the back of the obit card,
"AWAYS WITH YOU…"

Here are the FAMILY VALENTINES!
I am always in my "HAPPY PLACE" when I can craft a card or two!
 Brian gave me a beautiful card as well, with such a
heartfelt message on and in it!


I was happy that the kids liked their valentines…
We gave them shirts  and hats with sayings on them
as well as little heart boxes of chocolates!
They put on the shirts and hats right away… and looked
AWESOME and COOL in them!

After crafting … my craft table needs major cleaning…
so while cleaning I came across these little
Valentine goodies from years ago, of Mariah!

I was going to make some cookies on Saturday, but was
really craving chocolate… so skipped the cookies, and went straight to
the chocolate chips!!!

Sunday we joined good friends…
Bob and Jacquie along with her cousin, Lori,
and our friend, Steve, too… this week at
Rembrandt's in the Senator… for a yummy  Valentine's breakfast.
Bob treated us all… so sweet of him to share the love!



HAPPY FAMILY DAY!

Today is a special holiday designated to family… and I am ever grateful for my family and extended families and friends always. With the snow we got on the weekend… I even felt the love from above from our family who were blowing kisses our way all weekend in the form of snow flakes!
Lots of family love was shared.


I look forward to my Monday mornings every week when I review all the positives in my previous week, and gather them in a theme to share in my weekly blog. Although I do take many photos, I do not get around to capturing every detail and or event… but I do try to get as much as I can in pictures, when my phone is not full of photos and telling me I cannot take another!!!! 




Like I say… I only share the good news here… and I do appreciate all who stop by to read all about it. 

Thanks for popping by to read my weekly blog!


Because this is family day, we plan to get together with Jana, Nels and the kids later today. I also had a nice visit with my brother, Brian on the phone this morning. 

It is always good to connect with him and he sounded in good spirits, too.

I also enjoy all connections I have on the internet, via emails, Facebook and instagrams, too. It is so great to feel connected… I enjoy your news and photos, as well!
I actually borrowed a few photos in today's blog… 
of newborns and hundredth birthdays! I sure hope you do not mind me sharing them, too… I am always happy to share the fun stuff!


Yesterday after our lovely breakfast outing, we popped by my hubby's family home to help sort through stuff. The family has been doing this the past few months in prep to put the home up for sale soon. It is a huge job, and I am ever grateful that, Brian's sisters, Bev and Brenda, along with my daughter, Jana… have all been doing a tremendous job of going through all of the stuff accumulated in the 57 years
it was the family home.
Brian and I were very little help yesterday, but we felt we should contribute a bit so we stopped by for a bit.
Thanks to the family for all they do and have done so far.
You rock!



I have enjoyed a few meals and coffees out this past week as well as a few trips to the gym. I always say it's a good thing I get to the gym here and there to help balance all the eating and outings! 

I am ever grateful for the fabulous friends in my life … I have so many and love any chances I get to be with them.


Even when we shared in my good friend, Heather's mother's funeral… we saw many good friends there as well. Heather's family was gathered and had lots of family times to bond too.

I was delighted to catch up with dance teacher friend, Virginia from North Battleford while there… wish I captured that in a photo, but missed it!


We are grateful for our next door neighbour, Floyd and his snow blower during these heavy snowfalls we've had lately. He is not only so eager and quick to get out and remove our snow… but he is quick to roll out our garbage bins on garbage days as well. He and his wife, Cheryl are always such good neighbours for us…
and we are thankful they live so close by.


Saturday my gym class was canceled, so I was delighted to get a chance to go watch Beau's hockey … which is on at the same time as my gym. However, his hockey was also canceled… so the kids stopped by for their valentines instead. Then them and their daddy joined Brian and me for breakfast at Fuddruckers. 

Too bad their mommy had to work!


I am always in my happy place when it comes to crafting and wrapping… however my basement gets pretty crazy messy after I have done a few projects, so I spent much of Valentine's day in my basement, cleaning!
It feels rewarding to get it sorted and cleaned up some what… and it will make the next crafting project much easier, as I will be able to find things again.
I do own a lot of crafting stuff, but it gets all mixed together and then I can't find things!!! Now I am happy to report, it is sorted out again … for a while anyhow!
While I was doing that, I had my iPod playing a mix of songs…funny how it just seemed to know it was Valentine's day as most of the songs were LOVE related, so it made the perfect little soundtrack to my little job!



Tonight… I am so pumped to see the tribute to
Stevie Wonder on TV as many artists come together to perform some of his songs in a show entitled
"SONGS IN THE KEY OF LIFE"
I have always been a huge Stevie fan… 

so I have our PVR set and ready to record the show…
and will look forward to watching that later. 
I LOVE MUSIC… it definitely provides the key to lots of happiness in my life!


I know I say this nearly every blog…
but I am so grateful for my family and my friends…
as they are what make life worth
living and loving!


On that note… here is my rhyme of the day!


This past week has had a lot to fill my blog,
"Snow" much fun with loves ...
and also my sweet dog!
Time spent celebrating with family and friends,
The joys of life and it's perfect blends,
From dining out… to rolling up rims…
Sharing coffees... at Starbucks and Tim's!
Doing the things that come from the heart,
Living each day with love from the start!


No comments:

Post a Comment