Monday, February 23, 2015

LoVE & SuNSHiNE

"If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."
-Roald Dahl

"A good laugh is like sunshine in the home"
-Author Unknown

"It's the little things we share that add up to big love."
-Author Unknown


Right now with Mariah and Beau's parents are on a little vacay,
and the kids are sharing special bonds at their Grandparents.

This photo (which was taken back in June of 2013)…
represents the beginning of a journey filled with
LOVE and SUNSHINE!

This picture represents the LOVE and SUNSHINE my heart was filled with
while watching the STEVIE WONDER TV special last Monday night.
I believe he was playing my all time "Stevie" favourite song here
"You Are The Sunshine of My Life"
and… forever he will stay in my heart!

Last week I made a couple of my favourite comfort foods
to keep me warm during the cold weather…
Banana chocolate chip muffins and Chilli!
I had brother Brian for lunch (no photo).
 and cousin Gwen for supper
to share those on Thursday… had warm visits with both!

Also last week shared a starbucks with Mariah and Brian on Wednesday.
All of  those bring me love and sunshine!

Mariah and I share a common love of scrapbooking and crafting.
I discovered a fun little handwriting project in my basement  and Mariah was
loving working on it… It warms my heart to see her take on some
of the passions I also have!
We will share them all week  as Mariah  spends this week with us.

Beau was so excited to go to Edmonton and share a week filled with
LOVE and SUNSHINE… at his other grandparents
while his parents are gone on their little vacay.
His grandma Nancy (AKA NANA) posted 3 of these photos on her FB
page this weekend… so I am sharing them, too.
He had a fun tobogganing session and has enjoyed
the family toys, too!
I know he will be getting lots of special loving there!

We have caught a few different expressions of Mariah while out dining…
Friday night at DQ… Sunday morning at Fuddrucker's for breakfast,
and last night at Earl's for pizza!

Saturday Mariah was a lucky girl to share some girl bonding with her
great Auntie Bev and  cousin, Rowen.
They shared a lunch at Boston Pizza for "Bugs'n'cheese"
and then a fun pottery painting session at "Wet Paint Pottery".
That was just so THOUHTFUL of Bev to treat the girls…
I'm sure it was an afternoon full of love and sunshine for them all.

Yesterday Mariah had a 2 hour ballet lesson,
but she was busy dancing with our dog, Shuffle
in her boots before going!
She is always dancing around and she also loves  Shuffle so much
and Shuffle loves her too!

Last night Mariah had a little half hour session of jumping on
trampolines at a place called APEX. I was tired just watching the output
of energy from all kids jumping as we watched.
You can see by Mariah's red face that she had not only a good
workout, but a lot of fun!

Some of the inspirations for today's blog theme!
The new scent from Bath and Body Works also same name as my
post "LOVE & SUNSHINE"

Today's calendar saying…
"HELLO SUNSHINE"

And two of the quotes I chose to share at the beginning of todays'
blog post… I do love a quote…
they always bring me LOVE & SUNSHINE!



Thanks for stopping by for my weekly blog post…
I truly look forward to gathering all the things that have brought me love and sunshine and sharing them with you.
Mondays have really become one of my favourite days of the week… as it is a reminder of the great things
I've done in the previous week.
So here's to another MAGIC MONDAY!!!


While Jana and Nels are off to Mexico for a little vacay filled with LOVE and SUNSHINE… they have left their two kids with the two sets of grandparents to help fill our weeks full of the same! Beau went to  stay with his grandma Nancy and his grandpa Arvid in Edmonton, while we have Mariah here with us for the week. I just love the times I can bond with the grandkids… and even better when it is "One on One".
There is no competing for attention…
we can focus on the one who is here at the time.


Mariah is quickly becoming a little copy of her grammie D … if I do say so myself… she loves many things that I love.
She has developed a love of dancing from little on, which is not surprising as both her mommy and grandma grew up with that in their blood! But Mariah is becoming quite the little crafter as well, she is not only good at it… she truly sincerely loves it as well. A real little girl after my heart…
she is the "SUNSHINE of my life!"


Just last weekend as I was cleaning up my crafting area in my basement, I came across a very cool little kit on handwriting which was still in the cellophane wrapper, so I was unsure how long I had it or what it had inside!!!
When Mariah and I decided to check it out, to our surprise, it provided us with a weekend full of fun crafting entertainment!
It teaches skills for different handwriting as taught by a famous scrapbooker, Heidi Swapp.
Mariah was so into it… and proceeded to not only create many new fonts of writing and printing,
but she crafted some cute cards, too.


We decided to journal her week with us… so she can share her week of events with her parents when they return from their holiday. In addition to the journaling, we have decided to have a THEME "word of the day."
Friday's word that we practiced writing in different fonts was "HAPPiNESS"
Saturday Mariah chose "THOUGHTFUL" as her word of the day… and it was just so thoughtful of her Auntie Bev to treat her and Rowen to the fun girlie outing, too!
Yesterdays' word of the day for Mariah was
"WiSH"… and her wish came true when she got to go jump on trampolines at the place called APEX.
I'd say lots of WISHES came true for her this weekend.
She is a lucky girl…
and I know Beau will be a lucky boy, too.
 Those kids are very fortunate to have two such loving sets of grandparents that is for sure!
The feelings shared between grandkids and grandparents are very mutual!!!



I have decided to tuck a little message into each of Mariah's school lunches this week… and pick a matching THEME word for each one, too. I am all about a theme!
I know Mariah gets into that idea, too…
so today I have entitled "MAGIC MONDAY"…
my themes are all ready and printed out… and each theme has the same letter as the day itself…
so there is
"TAPPY TUESDAY"
"WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY"
"THANKFUL THURSDAY"
"FUN FRIDAY"
I had fun creating little messages to go with each one…
I am kind of a kid heart when it comes to stuff like that!



I am pretty sure our week will go by fast. Mariah has to be at school each day by 8:35 with her lunch and some days she is there till 6 with her after school programs… and the other days she dances after school… she is a busy little girl!


She loves to watch movies and tv too. We watched 3 movies and some of the Oscars last night, too.
She watched
"MALEFICENT", "SPY KIDS" and "PETER PAN"
After the great tribute to "SOUND OF MUSIC" on last night's Oscars, by Lady GaGa, I wondered if Mariah ever saw that movie, so I asked her on her way to school today, and she said she hadn't seen it. That is a movie I know she'd love… and I'd love to watch it with her.



Tonight is the start of the new season of the tv show,
THE VOICE… and apparently there is even a fellow from Saskatoon trying out on the show this year.
I enjoy the music related shows on TV.

As I mentioned above the Stevie Wonder Grammy Tribute last monday night was fantastic and was a reminder of just how much I love him and his WONDER-ful music!



I know Jana and Nels will be enjoying the SUNSHINE in MEXICO this week… and I am actually enjoying the warmer winter weather here today as well… and of course, SUNSHINE makes me LOVE it even more!


Our lives are not always filled with LOVE and SUNSHINE… but when we focus on the positives it helps us keep moving forward in our journey of lives whatever
directions they are headed for.



We spent a bit of yesterday afternoon helping clear out more stuff at the family home before it goes on the market to sell.
While there I found many cute photos from our past that not only brought a smile to my face… but they filled my heart with SUNSHINE and LOVE too!
I love looking at the special memories from the past…
and they all hold a warm spot in my heart, too.


Our good friend we meet for breakfast with on Sundays,
Bob... will be hitting a milestone birthday this week…
HAPPY 85th Birthday BOB!… today he and his partner, Jacquie are off on a little SUNSHINE filled vacay, too.
Wishing them a vacay filled with all the
love and sunshine they deserve.


Next Sunday, my good buddy, Ella will be celebrating a birthday as well… so I hope to celebrate with her at some point between now and then…
A week from today our good friend, Vern returns from his month away in the sunshine of Hawaii.
We will look forward to his rerun, as well.


Today after dropping Mariah at school, I stopped and picked up a little latte from starbucks, and then headed to feed Mariah and Beau's fish at their house!
I think the fish was glad to get fed!!!

Also this past week… we popped by to visit my mother-in-law, Blanche at her new residence. I know she is always happy when Brian and I pop by to visit.
Yesterday we heard from our son, Colin, who just returned from a week in Mexico…
so I know he enjoyed his get away as well…
and I always am happy to hear from him
when ever he calls us, too!


Wishing everyone a week filled with
SUNSHINE and LOVE!



On that note, here is my rhyme of the day!

This week will be filled with sunshine and love…
As we feel the warmth around and above.
Feeling inspired with the week that just passed,
And filling this week up with memories to last.
Sharing some love and having such fun,
With my girl, Mariah, she's such a sweet one!
Although at times we seem like such nerds…
We have so much fun when we play with words.
Keeping a theme for every day…
Adding some meaning along the way!
Before we know it, the week will be done,
Then we can share what we did, and all of the fun!
Hope the other grandparents enjoy little Beau,
He'll keep them busy,too... I just know!
My wish for the week is for
LOVE & SUNSHINE…
Just know we will share it and all will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment