Monday, March 2, 2015

hApPy!

"Very little is needed to make a happy life; It is all within yourself, in your way of thinking."
-Marcus Aurelius

"It's not in how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes our happiness."
-Charles Spurgeon

"Happiness comes from the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed."
-Storm Jameson


Last week Brian picked up these colourful flowers …
they not only made me HAPPY,
Mariah thought they were beautiful…
and was HAPPY to pose with them for me,
for a few HAPPY  little photos!

Over the past 10 days grand daughter, MARIAH, brought
so much HAPPY to our every day! 

While his parents were away in Mexico…
and his sister spent the time here with us…
grandson, Beau, spent the time at his other grandparents
in Edmonton … everyone enjoyed their little VACAYS!
I enjoyed the photos posted on Facebook and stole a few to share
here of Beau from  his Edmonton Grandparents.

Mariah enjoyed our little routine … at night she was HAPPY to spend time
writing her day's events into a journal and Shuffle would sit by her when
she did this… those two shared a really special bond, too!

Mariah and I enjoyed some crafting time while she was here, too.
She crafted the top two cards here…
I made a little word of the day note to tuck into her daily lunches, and
a birthday card for my friend Ella, who celebrated her day yesterday.

Last week I had a day of HAPPY with some friends…
Ella had my friends, Gailene, and Heather  and myself
over for a delicious lunch
and girlfriend bond  following a morning of
happy galavanting!

Mariah was so happy to go with Auntie Bev and work at the dog adoption
on Saturday again in the top left photo.
She got lots of practice dealing with our dog, Shuffle, all week!
Mariah and Shuffle became real soul mates while she was here.

Saturday night… we did a supper at Boston Pizza for Mariah's last night
with us. Yesterday morning we met at Fudrruckers for our little sunday
morning tradition. It was Ella's birthday, too!
Friend Brenda also joined…
but missed the pictures before my phone ran out of photo space again!
Our friends who often join us , Bob and Jacquie are away now…
but Bob also celebrated a birthday this weekend.

I closed my studio in June of 2002…
and joined BSOBAD as the TAP DIRECTOR…
but retired from that job in May of 2008.
However… I continued to TAP into a HAPPY passion by doing
the BSOBAD bulletin boards and exam themes ever since joining
that studio in Fall of 2002.
Mariah was HAPPY to help me hang some shamrocks
 in place of February's hearts.
Also we hung 101 names on BUMBLE BEES for this
week's ballet exam theme, too.
Here are some little dancers "BEE-LIGHTED"
to point  out their names at yesterday's exams.
Although I have used the BEE theme many times
I BEEcided to BEEcycle it once more!!!

Mariah was such a HAPPY camper while here this past week.
She read this little "INSTANT HAPPY" book on route to school a couple of days.
She was HAPPY to do many things…
including getting her grandpa's old phone,
...to dancing,...
and stopping for steamers at starbucks, among many other fun things!
I really missed my little "SIDE KICK" this morning…
she added a lot of HAPPY to the start of every day while she was here!



HAPPY MONDAY everyone!

I know just recapping my previous week makes me smile and and makes my heart so happy recalling all the fun memories we made along the way!


While Jana and Nels enjoyed a HAPPY little vacay in the sunshine of Mexico… their two kids also enjoyed
little HAPPY vacays of their own with their two sets of grandparents. Beau got dropped off with his Edmonton grandparents for the 10 days while Mariah stayed with us.
After comparing notes throughout the week with
GRANDMA NANCY and GRANDPA ARVID
via text and Facebook, we all felt we shared such
HAPPY times  in our separate places.


Mariah was a busy girl the whole week. We were up early during the week in order to get her lunches packed  and her delivered to school by 8:35 AM daily. She was always HAPPY upon waking up and added such happiness to our everyday.  In addition to the car rides to and from school… I made 12 car rides to her dance studio to get her to and from lessons all week. She loves to dance, and I was always HAPPY to get her there.


Mariah was HAPPY keeping a little journal of her weekly events to share with her parents when they got home from their vacay. She also enjoyed times spent with not only us, but with Shuffle and some times with Auntie Bev and cousins, Sam and Rowen, too.



Mariah and I did some special and fun crafting in addition to watching lots of fun TV shows and movies.
Mariah got so excited when she saw John Travolta on the Oscars, as her all time favourite movie is "GREASE".
So we decided to go get her the movie
"SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER" yesterday as well.
(I forgot how it was really not a child type movie…
but it did have her idol, John Travolta in it! )



Mariah and I watched THE VOICE and AMERICAN IDOL and kept an on going score rating the singers on a note pad.
Her comments were always so cute. I love that she and I have so many common interests… we really are a lot alike!


Another HAPPY thing we did last week is create a word of the day… I put one in her lunches… but she also chose her own. By Thursday she chose HAPPY as her word… and then used HAPPY again the rest of the stay!
Our theme song of the week was the famous song by PHARRELL WILLIAMS entitled "HAPPY".
We would often brake out just singing it for no reason on our many car rides to and from school and or dancing!

Mariah chose to wear her hair in pigtails for many of the days as she told me it was just such a HAPPY hair do!
I love that kid!!!!


Mariah made a huge impact on our lives not just this past week, but since she was born. There is something extra special about being a grandparent that brings out the HAPPY in us!… I know Nancy and Arvid said the same thing about having BEAU all week. We all feel the void a bit today now that the kids have returned to their parents back at home again. I do know that everyone is feeling some what refreshed after their little HAPPY breaks!



This week my niece, Emily, and her mom, Gail are here to get my nephew, Alec settled in to live in Saskatoon for a while. They arrived on the weekend from Vancouver, so will do a brief and hopefully HAPPY wee vacay, too.
Emily and Gail return to Vancouver tomorrow.We hope to connect with them later today.




This week I will go from driving Mariah … to driving my niece, Rowen to her dancing!!! Her mom, Brenda, has a busy week, so I will help out a bit with the driving. I enjoy my visits with Rowen, too, she is also such a happy girl. I am always HAPPY to help out when and where ever I can!


As TIME "MARCHES" ON…
I will be acknowledging more HAPPY BIRTHDAYS…
My friend, Ella, had a birthday yesterday.
This week… my cousin Don has a birthday on the 6th…
My good buddy, Lynne has one on the 7th and
her daughter, Carly, has one on the  8th.
So with that in mind  I will wish all of them a very
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


On that note… here is my rhyme of the day!

Last week was HAPPY from the very start…
It left me feeling grateful, and with a smiling heart!
Having a week to bond with my sweet side kick,
Was the perfect reason for "HAPPY" to be our pick!
Mariah was so much fun, from the start to the end,
We really truly bonded and shared a common blend.
It's funny how many interests the two of us shared,
I loved how we connected, and just how much she cared.
She made a huge impact on me that made me smile,
I know the fun memories will keep me
HAPPY  for a real long while!

No comments:

Post a Comment