Monday, March 16, 2015

Lucky & Thoughtful

"May your day be touched with a bit of Irish Luck,
brightened by a song in your heart and warmed by smiles of people you love."
-Author Unknown

"Stop the habit of wishful thinking and start the habit of thoughtful wishes."
-Mary Martin

"Give back in some way. Always be thoughtful of others."
-Jackie Joyner-Kersse


Here are a few little LUCKY St. Pat's related photos.
I took the one of my dog Shuffle this morning… but the other two are 2 years old.
The one of my friend, Linda and me in our SHAMROCK ON look…
and the cute one of Mariah shopping with me in Claires and trying on St. Pat's glasses.

Tomorrow is my Friend, Linda's Birthday on St. Pat's day…
I always consider myself so lucky
to have her as my good buddy.

Over a week ago my neighbour, Heather and I treated our friend , ELLA,
to a birthday lunch at D'Lish. I am Lucky to have such good friends.
It was a yummy lunch and good visit, too!

Later another friend (also named Heather) … offered to snap a pic of
Ella and me at Starbucks… we were both lucky and
I thought that was very thoughtful of Heather to offer, too.
Ella and I have been going to Tim Horton's a lot
lately too, but not often Lucky on the Roll Up the Rim to Win!

I felt Lucky receiving these flowers… and gifts.
The colourful ones by the bird picture were from my hubby and still
look as beautiful as the day I got them 3 weeks ago. The bird painting
is a thoughtful gift I received from my niece, Emily… one she painted for us.
The tulips were ones my friend Cathy dropped off for me,
I love tulips…
so thoughtful of her.

The Charlie Chaplin journal is one Jana brought me back from
her recent trip to Mexico… so sweet… and it is hand made.
I consider myself Lucky for all these Thoughtful gestures.

My nephew, Alec recently moved here from Vancouver,
and thoughtfully he popped over for a visit last week.
We felt happy to see him and were pleased to hear of his new job, too.
He was Lucky to get one so quickly after moving here…
Shuffle enjoyed the visit as well!

A few recent pics of Mariah… the one on the left was at her brother's hockey
a week ago. The 2 on the right were taken just this past Friday
when Mariah spent the day with us…. we made a little trip to
Circle Park Mall, and took a couple pics in Claire's once again!
I always consider myself so lucky to have her in my life,
we share so much in common.

Some recent pics of Beau…
the one on the left was when his sister got dropped off here on the weekend.
We also have one of him on route to Tae Kwan Do…
and one from his hockey, too.
Thanks to my Brother Bob who helped him gear up for his hockey
a week ago, and for staying to watch him play, too.
Nels was away, so, Jana felt Lucky Bob was able to help Beau out!
We feel lucky to have little Beau as our grandson always!

This past weekend… our good friends, Mike and Lynne were in town for
a business related trip for Mike, and we felt lucky to connect with them
while they were in town. We always enjoy our good times together.

Jana was in Vancouver on a business buying trip on the weekend…
and felt lucky to connect with friend, Carly and her new baby, UNA…
I thought it was thoughtful of Jana to text this great photo of her and babe!

Yesterday we did our sunday morning Fuddrucker's tradition and just as we were leaving,
Vern's son, Jason along with his wife, Andy and their little girl Carmen arrived,
so I managed to snap a couple pics of our group there…
But see I cut off Ella in this photo, oops!
We always enjoy our sunday breakfast outings with friends.

I have 3 different quote calendars… and often enjoy the quotes of the day…
here are just some I enjoyed recently!
As the one on top right says…
LIFE is what you make it!



Happy Monday everyone…  hard to believe it has been two weeks since my previous blog post. Thanks for popping by!
We had a week of ups and downs around here, so a little blog break was in order for me, but here I am back at it again. I feel so lucky for all the thoughtful 

friends and family in my life.


I always love times I can spend with my grandkids when ever that happens. I enjoy little gym visits, and coffee outings as well as the occasional meal outing
here and there, too.


I have been entertained by some of the shows I like to watch on TV… like "Ellen" and "Marilyn" during the day… 

and "The Voice" and "American Idol" in the evenings. Tonight I look forward to the start of season 10 of 
"Dancing With The Stars", too… 
hard to believe I have been watching
that show that long!


My friend, Cathy, thoughtfully loaned me the entire 
5 season run of "Downton Abbey" as well to watch, 
when I get a chance!



I was happy to see my nephew, Alec last week, when he stopped by. He recently got himself a job as a sever at Mano's Restaurant, too. I was happy for him… hope that goes well for him.


Last week, my nephew, Jeff, listed my mother-in-law's house on the real estate market after months of prep and going through the house and downsizing stuff. The family is all hoping it will sell well… Even though it is a bit of a new chapter for all of them, I think they are ready for that.
It will be different to have it owned by someone, new.


I like to only share the good news in my blog… so the last couple weeks have been a bit of a mixed bag. I consider myself lucky always for all the wonderful people in my world… who continue to do thoughtful things for me.


Tomorrow is the famous St. Patrick's Day celebration… it is also a birthday for two special people in my life…
my brother, Brian… and my friend, Linda…
I hope the Luck of the Irish is with them as they celebrate another Happy Birthday and year in their lives, too!


On that note…
here is my rhyme of the day!

I feel lucky for so many good friends,
I have lots of kinds and all different blends.
So many thoughtful and willing to be there,
All very helpful and showing that they care.
When the going gets tough, they help cheer me up,
Sharing a laugh…and often over a cup!
My family members keep me smiling , too,
They are always there for me, and all I go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment