Monday, March 23, 2015

appreciate the little things

"We sometimes underestimate the influence of little things."
-Charles W. Chestnutt

"Nothing is nicer than having someone who… Appreciates you in the smallest things… Accepts you in times of hardships… Comforts you when you're troubled… 
Loves you no matter what and is simply happy for having 
you in their life."
-Author Unknown

"Enjoy the little things in life for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things."
-Robert Brault


Last Friday was not only the first day of spring…
it was declared International Day Of Happiness…
so what better way to celebrate it than  a yummy DQ Sundae!
It may seem like a Little Thing… but I always think of my mom
when I go there, and order her favourite, a sundae with
hot fudge and marshmallow toppings!
My mom loved her ice cream, so she is with me in spirit
when ever I order her favourite at DQ!

Another little thing that makes me happy…
is Celebrating the
special days and occasions…
last Tuesday was St. Patrick's Day, so I dressed my doggie, Shuffle
and me , too in some spirited gear for a selfie!

Also on St. Patrick's Day Tuesday…
my friend, Ella hosted a fun girls night and Arbonne Party at her home.
our gym instructor Peg, did the demo…and also gave Ella and me some
very cute sham-rock socks and hand cream, too, for co-hosoting!

Last Wednesday Brian and I joined Ella and Vern for a Starbucks…
I enjoy those little foursome outings when we get the chance to do those.

Also I  joined cousin Gwen for a starbucks visit last week, too!
Ella and I have had many trips to Tim Horton's  after the gym,
for roll up to win coffees as well…
(but not lots of wins!!!)… although we enjoy all chances for
coffees and visits!

Wednesday evening Vern treated Brian, Ella and me to a yummy
b-lated birthday supper for Ella, at Mano's…
(no photos were taken though.)
Thanks Vern… appreciated the fun and meal.

Last Thursday… I had a day with Beau.
He was pretty excited to make bunny cookies…
he ate lots of them, too!

Every little thing we did together that day was fun…
We went to circle park mall to find Dollarama was not open, so
instead Beau road in the little cars in the mall, followed by
a trip to Indigo where they had the big SEUSS hat, and some
lego, too! We also had a chance to craft some pirate hats
I had still in my basement from last Halloween,

We appreciated the SPRING LIKE weather and got out to play a bit, too.
Beau did some side walk chalk and took the jenga blocks, and set up
a bowling set up to bowl with his football.
I love his imagination!

Saturday, Mariah was happy to work at the doggie adoption again.
We are so appreciative to Brian's sister,  BEV, for always taking her to help.
She had a very cute wee black puppy to care for on Saturday,
and he got adopted by the end of the day…
Mariah is always happy to see the dogs she cares for,
get a new home to go to in the end.

Saturday night the kids came for supper and a sleepover.
Beau wanted to go out to BP for supper and Mariah wanted to stay here.
So I took Beau and we ended up bringing back take out for Mariah and Brian to have
when we got back home.
Beau had fun making set ups and playing with Shuffle, while Mariah watched TV.

The kids had a little iPad time after their baths, before going to sleep.
Sunday morning we went to Fuddruckers for breakfast,
where their mommy and daddy met us and picked them up.

Sunday afternoon, Brian went to watch Beau and many of the kids
from Wheaton play hockey and skate.
Nels video taped some of the fun… and also  some great pics
were captured as well. They had a blast!

These are photos I included back in February… but thought I'd share again.
We gave the kids these shirts and hats for Valentine's Day gifts.
Beau mentioned he wanted to wear his shirt the other day,
but it was in the wash… I asked him if he wore the shirt lots,
and he said he only wore it once… but I was happy to hear he liked it!
Mariah liked her shirt because it made her eye colour pop!!!
It makes my heart happy to know the kids like the stuff,
even though it has apparently got lost in the laundry pile!!!
It's the Little Things that I appreciate the most.



Here it is another MONDAY… BLOG DAY!
I do enjoy recapping my previous week and sharing it here with you from week to week. It is a little thing I kind of appreciate doing, and it makes me happy!
Thanks for popping by to share in my fun.


We had a nice week, and lots of time was spent with the grandkids. Beau had been wanting some 'one on one' time with us, since Mariah comes here often. So last Thursday was his turn to share some special Beau-ments with us.
Mariah was doing her Grade 2 ballet exam that morning, so I picked Beau up from the dance studio, and we came back here and shared a day full of fun beginning with making bunny cookies. Beau has such a fun little imagination. He loves to create things and play games involving his mind. I thought it was especially clever of him to turn the jenga blocks into a bowling game with his football as the bowling ball out side. I just had to be on my toes every time the ball went rolling out to the road!


We had hoped to see my nephew, Alec, on his first official day of working at Mano's on Wednesday when we dined out… but his shift had been done by the time we got there. He is apparently loving his new job there. We also enjoyed our supper, which friend, Vern treated us to in honour of Ella's birthday earlier in March.


Ella and I had been asked by one of our gym instructors, Peggy, to co-host a little gathering for an Arbonne demonstration party. It was a nice diversion in my week… and also fun to see other gals I hadn't seen in a bit.
I now have a trial sample kit of the Arbonne skin care… which I am enjoying , but will have to think about, as it is very pricey. I know it is wonderful product, though. Peggy did a nice job of her demo, and brought along her daughter, Hailey, to help her too. It was a fun evening all round.


I was happy to go out for a few various coffees last week… some Tim Horton's after the gym… and some Starbucks.
I had a nice visit with cousin Gwen , who treated me to a latte at Starbucks last week. We were recalling this time last year when her dad, my dear Uncle Charlie earned his angel wings. Time has sure flown by, hard to believe a year has passed already, but Uncle Charlie
remains in our hearts forever.


Any times I can spend with the grandkids is special. We had them for a sleepover on Saturday so their parents could attend a special charity event. Sleepovers mean a little less sleep for Grammie D, though... Grandpa moves into the spare room, while the 2 kids sleep with me… however they are getting so big now… that I actually got edged out this time… and ended up sleeping on the floor!


Last night when I slept in my bed again… I really appreciated my good sleep!
Some other little things I appreciate… are simple days to enjoy my doggie on the couch. Little messages from my good friends and relatives by text, FB, and or email.
Phone calls with fun conversations. Special times spent with my grandkids. Coffee outings. Gym classes to make me feel balanced in life. Great music… poetry… dancing!
TV shows I like to watch… and so much more.
Life is full of LITTLE THINGS to APPRECIATE!



This week BSOBAD is hosting an invitational dance competition, called "Spring Stars" to raise money for Cancer ...  I have been making up signs for that event, and will likely go watch some of the good dancing at Lakeview Church from Wednesday through Saturday inclusive.
I know it is open for the public to go watch and it is in support of such a good cause, too….
lots of dancing for brighter tomorrows!



Although the weather went from SPRING right back to WINTER… I know soon we will be enjoying the warmer days, not too much longer, we hope!


Next monday… my twin cousins, Dawn and Greg will be hitting their milestone age of 60… so I am sending them some Birthday wishes in advance…
I hope they celebrate it big time!


Today in prep for my blog writing I came across this little write up which went well with my theme,
so I will share it here, too…


"APPRECIATE THE LITTLE THINGS"
'Those things that make you happy, those people who make you laugh and smile like a dork. Learn from the past. Don't let it break or define you. Things happen for a reason. Make sure you make the most of what you have. Show family and friends how much they mean to you and how much you appreciate them. Smile and make the most of your life.
Make it what you want it to be.
Don't take the little things for granted.'
-Author Unknown


On that note… here is my rhyme of the day.

In life there's many little things,
That offer cheer with all it brings.
There's just so much to appreciate,
All little things that are so great!
Look around, there's things so small,
That actually seem real big and tall.
Sometimes it is just a little smile,
That carries us for quite a while!


No comments:

Post a Comment