Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Feel the PaSSiON...HiP HoP HooRaY!

"Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focussing on what excites you."
-Oprah Winfrey

"Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion."
-Martha Graham

"Don't count the days… Make the days count."
-Author Unknown


Here is Mariah in her Hip Hop Costume for her number called "ICE"
and kicking it up a notch in her Jazz costume  for her dance called
"CHA CHA HEELS"
Jana took these photos of her on Sunday at her year end show,
and texted me the photos today…
I may be biased, but I think she is pretty cute in her costumes.
Mariah had a lot of PASSiON to share as she performed these dances, too!

Here she is in her Tap costume for her dance called "HAPPY FEET"…
(I love the polka dots on this one!)
and in her Character Ballet costume for her dance called "GRAND HOTEL".
I was such a proud Grandma on Sunday at her year end performances…
and was sitting front and centre at TCU Place for the show.

Here is Mariah looking very happy with her flowers after her Sunday show.
Beau is also looking proud with his Gold Medal he won at his Soccer Tournament
on Saturday last week.
I am so PROUD of both Grand kids… and say HIP HIP HOORAY!

Here was Mariah at BP after her show… with a little Hip Hop pose… and
another pic with her beautiful flowers!

The pics of Beau are yesterday at his soccer game…
He seemed to enjoy his game, once he got there!

Here are the programs for the two dance shows I attended this past weekend.
A show performed by Abiding Lines Dance Company, called "LOVE & WAR"
was so good I went to it twice… Friday and Saturday.
Sunday was the La Danse 30th annual year end show …
and I have been to many of their shows over the years.
These 3 directors , Linda, Heather and Hazel-Ann
all sure know their genres of dance and do a fabulous job of
instructing the students giving them fine technique and skills.
HiP HoP HOORAY for a fun filled weekend full of DANCE!

At Friday's performance of "Love & War"…
I attended with my good friend Cathy,
and her daughter Megan who was a former dance student of mine.
Two of the dancers in the show were also former dancers I once taught…
Kelly and Andrea.
I am always super proud when I see dancers I taught
sharing their passions for dance.
Was an awesome show with great dancing and choreography.

At the show… there were giant photos on a screen on stage of the cast…
I snapped some quick photos as they were going on…
I happened to catch the cast as well as Andrea with the two directors,
and Kelly and Andrea individually, too.

The second night I went to the show with my sister-in-law, Brenda and my niece
Rowen… but didn't get a photo with them… they also enjoyed the show!


Friend Ella came over for a Happy Hour with us on our deck
last week and also Brian and I went to celebrate a 2 year milestone for him
on the rooftop of Yard and Flagen
and got some new plants for our yard
in honour of this date!

Last Friday the grandkids were excited to have their Edmonton
Grandparents in town… we joined their family at Leyda's restaurant for
a fun little lunch… I didn't do well with photos…
but here is my attempt!
YUMMY MEAL there!

On Sunday I was saying HIP HIP HOORAY for my sister-in-law, BEV…
 she babysat Beau
while we attended Mariah's dance recital… and thanks to her, it was calm
in the audience!!! hehehe
Beau had so much fun with his GREAT AUNTIE BEV, too… so it was a win-win!

Afterward we went to BP for a celebration supper with the kids' other
grandparents, Nancy and Arvid, too.
Beau was full of life… as he always is
…here in his helmet and goggles!!!

Mariah was grateful for her dance fans who came  to watch her in the show on
Sunday…
along with her daddy and me in the front row… was Jana's friend, Shelane.
Right behind us in row 2, was Mariah's BFF, DREW and her mom, Mel
 and they all brought flowers or gifts… so thoughtful of them.
Jana spent the day working in the behind the scenes …
helping back stage
and in the dressing rooms.

One day last week I cleaned out my closet and drawers…
I came across 3 of my "TaPpiNeSs" shirts from back in 2008,
my final year as a dance teacher…
These were fund raiser t-shirts…
some of the proceeds of the shirt sales went to
Cancer Cures.

I saw this quote the other day and liked it…
it has a great message and speaks for itself!




Happy Tuesday everyone… usually I do my blog posts on Mondays… but yesterday ran away without me!
HiP HoP HooRaY for Blog days…
It always makes me feel the PASSiON from the week leading up to it. We definitely had another busy fun filled week once again, too. One full of many reasons to CELEBRATE and say HiP HoP HooRaY!


As the photos show… my week had it's share of dance events. I do love dancing and I always feel so proud when I can watch dancers I once taught just loving to perform still.
I always hope that my days of teaching them has given them a little of their passion for dancing in the first place!
The show called "Love & War" was so well done and performed by dancers from in and around Saskatoon. There is a lot of talent in the dance world around here for sure.
I was super proud of former dancers…
Kelly and Andrea in that show.


I was also so proud of my grand daughter, Mariah, in her year end show in her four dances… Hip Hop, Tap, Jazz and Ballet. She did an outstanding job of each one…
if I do say so myself!!!

I have been on many sides of the stage in my life as a dancer… dance teacher… studio owner … dance mom… dance adjudicator… dance Aunt…
and now as a PROUD DANCE GRANDMA!!!!


I had my studio for 28 years and was in competition with the teachers at La Danse, where Mariah now dances.
All 3 of the directors teach Mariah and I know they are doing a great job. They definitely kept me on my toes back in my studio days. They always set the bar high so they kept me working hard to compete with them!
They continue to set the bar very high as they share their passion and awesome technique with their dancers.
Jana did do a few years of ballet at that studio, too, when she was growing up as a dancer…
so nice to see some dance traditions continued.
Also fun to see a little history repeating.


Mariah also dances with a couple dancers whose moms once danced with Jana … more history repeating!


Beau had a very successful week, too… he won his little soccer tournament on the weekend. Although he is only 4… he is pretty excited and proud of that gold medal!!!
Yesterday we were to get him to his weekly soccer game…
I won't go into detail… but it was a challenge,
to say the least!!!
Once he got there, though, he got right into the game!
HipHipHooRay!


Many of my blog readers know we have been on a journey now for the past two years… and we are all delighted that journey continues onward… here's to many more years of life on that little journey… and as my quote above says…
"Don't count the days… Make the days count."

Thanks to everyone for their continued support to us as we journey forward!!! We always appreciate you.


As we continue on our day to day journey of life… we are always trying to make the most of our best and the least of our worst. That is the best way to live… it is always good to be grateful for the good each day brings.


This coming Sunday we will be saying
Hip HipHooray for our FATHERS….
as we Celebrate Father's Day.
Although my dear dad, Roy, has been gone now since January of 2000… this will be our first Father's Day without my dear Father-in-law, Greg.
We will continue to cherish the memories of our dads, and remember just how special they were in our lives to not only us, but to our kids, too!


On that note… here is my rhyme of the day…


Oh what a week… oh what fun…
Right from the start... until it was done.
From dancing to soccer, and milestones too,
With many excitements in all we did do.
Connecting with friends both near and far,
Watching each grandkid shine like a star!
Our week was full of celebrations, I'd say…
We sure felt the PaSSiON…
and say... HiP Hop HooRaY!

No comments:

Post a Comment