Monday, June 8, 2015

Here For The FUN!

"We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love and belonging, power, freedom and fun."
-William Glasser

"Never underestimate the importance of having fun."
-Randy Pausch

"My philosophy is: if you can't have fun
there's no sense in doing it."
-Paul Walker

Last week the grandkids were here a few times…
we had FUN…
Beau found some fun glasses in my cupboard…
and Mariah and I danced in the basement…
she told me that was FUN!

One of my grandkid pick ups …
I had Mariah stand under the big Welcome to Willow Grove School
sign in the lobby of her new school… it is a nice school and looks like
it will be a fun one, too!
Beau was into glasses…and found my old ones which
he said were "burly"… ( his word for "blurry!)
He was into crafting, too… he always has fun
with my stickers and crafting papers!

I always have fun in the backyard… especially on sunny days!
In my wee garden… I have a lilac bush that was planted the summer
of 2000 in honour of my dad… it was his favourite flower!
I also have a little angel cherub sitting since summer
of 2011, after mom passed away the previous fall.
Beside those Mariah planted a little bean plant last monday…
it will be FUN to watch that one grow this summer!

It is always fun to get some flowers to add some colour and happiness.
We got some bedding plants out front to go with our bleeding heart plant.
I also got some gerber daisies for our indoors, too!

Last Thursday, my sister-in-law, Arleen had
my two cousins, Bev and Gwen as well as
her daughter-in-law, Janelle and her her new baby,
Brielle over for a coffee party!
We do have FUN whenever we can connect.
One month old Baby Brielle was the fun
focus of the get together!!!

My brother Bob and his wife, Arleen are over the moon
with becoming grandparents twice in less than six months!
They are loving every minute of FUN it is bringing them!!!
Just as I left their house, my nephew, Jeff, arrived with his sweet
baby, Jorja in the baby bjorn… and more fun for all!!!
I am so happy for the new grand parents…what fun they will have
with their two grand daughters… especially after raising two sons!

I popped by Jana's Thursday night… and the kids were in their PJs already!
Mariah was entertaining me… doing line dancing in the basement…
and showing me her tap dance called "Happy Feet"
 out on their back patio.
Beau was all cuddled under a blankie watching TV!
(I love that Mariah was wearing her PJ's we gave her for Christmas…
they look so cute on her!)

Friday morning we met Jana and Beau for a breakfast outing at Grainfilelds.
Beau was full of life… and made this outing FUN… and full of mischief!

A week ago we had a fun outing to friend's Ross and Trona's for supper.
Here are Trona and her cute daughter, Rae, who just had a birthday too!
What a yummy meal and fun evening we had there.

Saturday Brian and I went to the Farmer's Market…
we ran into his sister, Bev and her sister-in-law, Dianne,
visiting her from Vancouver.
We also saw this very darling little pug, named Lola!
I am sporting my shirt with today's blog title on it…
"Here for the FUN!"

Brian and I often take little drives through the city just for fun…
often we end up stopping by to see Jana and Melissa at
their store…
Swank Shoe Lounge.
Hard to believe they have had this store for nearly 6 years,
and it is just recently renovated to utilize the space better…
looks great!
These two have had a fun time selling shoes together!!!

More drives through the city took us by the big JAZZ poster
on the corner of Acadia and JAZZ street( 21st)…
We stopped and got copies of this year's line up for the jazz festival.
I love the Jazz festival each year… so much fun…
we also drove by a Saxaphone player on 20th…
I snapped a pic of him as we drove by!

Summer adds so much fun to our lives when we can just enjoy
the backyard life on our deck with our dog, Shuffle…
whether having happy hours or BBQ's
…so much fun in the sun!
My hubby makes the yummiest burgers, too!!!

Yesterday our Fuddrucker's group was a smaller one…
 but we still enjoyed the fun on their patio!
Later my good friend, Ella and I went to "Art in the Park"
at Caswell Hill park.
Ella bought a very cute little table there…
and also bought me a little special gift…
a tile that says...
"be someone's sunshine when their skies are grey"
Ella adds so much SUNSHINE and FUN to my life
whenever we are together… I am ever grateful
for her friendship!

While at ART IN THE PARK yesterday we also ran into….
My dear Auntie Mary with her daughters, (my cousins), Bev and Gwen,
and also Mary's grand daughter, Elaine with her boyfriend, Mark, too.
We all had a fun filled day in the park… it was such a perfect day for it!



Here it is another MONDAY- FUNDAY for me…
I look forward to reviewing all the FUN from the previous week and sharing it here on my weekly blog each week!
Thanks for stopping by to check out the
FUN times I had last week.


Last week, my son-in-law, Nels, was off to Vancouver to pick up a new pump truck for his new business called "Paragon".
I wish him much success with his new business,
I know he will do very well.


While he was gone, Brian and I were on pick up duty for the grandkids a few times. We always have FUN when around them. We do lots of things from crafting to dancing
and other fun stuff… never a dull moment!
Mariah even told me what fun it was to tap with me…
which did my heart good!


The weather has been especially nice out this past week and it was been so fun to just enjoy the good old outdoors!
We do enjoy sitting in our own backyard when it is nice out.


I had a few  fun outings this past week, too.
My sister-in-law, Arleen had a little coffee gathering at her place. It is always good to catch up with family and see what they are all up to lately. The hit of the that gathering was baby Brielle… she was born on Mother's day, and this was our first time to meet her. She is truly as adorable as ever.
Thanks Arleen for hosting a fun get together… always great to see the cousins and relatives over a coffee!


We did a few other city outings, too, including…  the
Farmer's Market on Saturday, and later a trip over
 to visit my mother in law, Blanche.
She seems to be doing well in her lovely home and always welcomes her visitors when any one stops by.
I also enjoyed the "Art In The Park" on Sunday.
There were over 150 vendors selling and sharing their arts, including some local musical talents…
a very fun and entertaining afternoon all round.

This past week I have noticed many posts on Facebook of people graduating and convocating…
one of those was my nephew, SAM…
Congratulations to him on his convocation…
we are all so proud!

I love all the connections I make and have made on Facebook… it brings me many smiles each day…
and lots of FUN to
share in everyones' happy moments in life, as well!!!


I also enjoyed some fun TV  last week…
America's Got Talent… as well as SYTYCD began.
Last night I really loved watching the
TONY AWARDS on TV…
it almost makes me want to go and watch a few Musicals on Broadway in New York again one day!
I recalled the fun I had on my 3 trips to New York back in the nineties… I think it must be time to go again!!!


Yesterday one of my biggest dance mentors,
BRIAN FOLEY, hit the milestone age of 70.
He has not only been a mentor to me, but he has also been a huge influence to many on dance over time…
 and he is still going strong.
He and I have had so much FUN over the years
in my dance career, too… with all the workshops, dance exams… and he even danced in one of my shows with his son, Ryan way back when, too!
Oh the memories!


This weekend, I have a couple more FUN
dance related events to go to…
Friday I will go watch a couple former dancers,
Kelly and Andrea perform in a little company
called "Abiding Lines"
as they do their annual show this year called
"Love and War" held on Friday and Saturday night
at St. Joe's Theatre.
Good Luck to them… looking forward to going with good friend Cathy to see that.
Also this weekend, I am excited to watch
my grand daughter, Mariah, perform her 4 dances in
 La Danse's 30th milestone
year end recital held on Sunday
at TCU Place at 2 PM.
So many milestones this year….
Just this past weekend, good friend, Barb Jackman,
held her milestone 25th show for her dance studio,
called Dance Images by BJ… in Moose Jaw!
Congrats to all my dance friends celebrating
FUN MILESTONES!!!


We have so much to celebrate in life
 as we journey forward…we count our blessings every day and try to make the very most of all the FUN in it!

On that note… here is my rhyme of the day!

Life is always better… when we focus on the FUN!
Right from the very beginning, until each day is done.
Making the most of the best times,
and the least of all the worst.
Putting all the happy things at the top, and the first!
Connecting with people who add a smile to our face,
Where ever we may travel… at whatever pace.
Life is short so do it right… enjoy the little things,
Just focus on the fun stuff and all the joy it brings!






No comments:

Post a Comment