Monday, July 13, 2015

BEAUTIFUL MONTREAL… Artistic and Tasty!

"Some people look for a beautiful place- 
Others make a place beautiful."
-Author Unknown

"I feel there is nothing more artistic than to love people."
-Vincent Van Gogh

"If I must choose between healthy and tasty, I go for the second: having only one life to waste, it might as well be a pleasurable one."
- Yotam Ottolenghi


We met Caro's parents this trip…
here she is with her mom, Colette and her dad,  Jean Paul
at their beautiful home…
as well in craft room down stairs!
Such beautiful people…
 artistic and shared a tasty meal, too!

Colette's craft room was amazing and right up my alley…
even though her and I spoke different languages…
we really bonded with our common interests!

They shared a delicious bbq meal with their family and included
Brian and me… so we felt honoured to be a part of their special family.
All the paintings on the walls were done by Colette…and she even gave me a
BEAUTIFUL gift of some of her artistic crafted cards, too,
 in a special little gift bag.

This little visit was a highlight of our Montreal visit this time!

Our trip to Montreal revolved around lots of TASTY foods
and ARTSY things every where we went!
Many walls and planters were artistically painted every where…
these ones on Amherst off St. Catherine's.

Caro and I went to this cute little ice cream place too…
I loved the ice cream, the visit with Caro along our walk
and the Artsy decor, too!

We thoroughly enjoyed our times spent at Colin and Caro's place
and will cherish all the memories we made with them.

Whether sharing a Happy Hour on our B & B deck…
 or experiencing some of our favourite restaurants and or places
it was a tasty experience all round!
From "Papillon" in Old Montreal… to "Scwarttzs" on St. Laurent
and "Mangia" on Peel… and many more places!

This restaurant called PANDA… has some of the most delicious sushi
I have ever had… and so artistically displayed as well.

The breakfasts at "Sir Montcalm" (our B&B)
on Montcalm just off St. Catherine's…
were not only delicious but beautifully presented daily!

Here are some examples of the breakfasts we had while at Sir Montcalm!

We were treated like royalty at Sir Montcalm…
and served up something tasty and delicious daily!

The above photo shows how close we were to Colin and Caro's place.
The door on left is Sir Montcalm… and window on right is Colin's place.
Below…  are closer photos of the two places,
we found it so handy to be so close !

Colin and Caro's place is both Artistic and Tasty
…and so well suited to them,
and their cat, Filou!
Caro loves her plants, too!

We enjoyed some tasty meals with them on their little patio, too…
they both enjoy cooking!

Caro loves her cat, Filou… who was posing for me here!!!
He is a good cat and well loved, too!

Our B&B had a resident doggie named, Boogaloo.
Here is owner of the B &B, Andre  with his
sweet little doggie…
We enjoyed meeting not only all the staff
but all the guests staying there while we were there, too.
We loved how friendly every one was… and made some friends for life!


Some more photos of our home while in Montreal…
at Sir Montcalm.

The yard and deck at Sir Montcalm were as beautiful as the indoor decor .
We are seen here with some friends we met from Germany, Ramona and Marco,
 who stayed there for a couple days while we were there.



Here is the deck we spent some relaxing time on while at Sir Montcalm…
both comfortable and stylish!

Here are just a few examples of some of the artsy
wall paintings we saw when in and around Montreal…
I took many photos … so not sure where these ones were located.

I had so many photos to share…
it was hard to know which ones
to include in this blog!



Welcome to my second blog post since
returning from our Montreal trip.
Last week in my blog... I focussed on the JAZZ we experienced while in Montreal, as well as some we heard in town before leaving on our holiday.
I truly have so many photos from before we left on the trip as well as from the trip and since being home… 

so I may need to do a few blog posts to catch up!


Nothing makes a parent's heart smile more than seeing your children happy in life. We are so lucky our son, Colin, has such a gem of a girlfriend, Caro. They have been together a little over 4 years now and seem very happy and so well suited to each other. Caro brings out the best in Colin so we just enjoy being with them whenever we connect.


 We felt so very fortunate to meet Caro's parents this trip,  as well as her brother and his family, too. We enjoyed a delicious Canada Day BBQ at their lovely home in Repetingney, just outside of Montreal.
Although Caro's parents, Colette and Jean-Paul, do not speak English and we do not speak French… 

we managed to bond in spite of our different languages.
Colin and Caro were able to translate for us. Caro's mom is so artistic and crafty… and her and I share the common interest of card crafting. Colette showed me her amazing crafting space while I was there…and we could have gone on for hours enjoying that little bond! She made a few cards and had them in a cute gift bag for me to take home as well… such a special gift that I will cherish for a long time… 

I knowI will not want to use the cards, 
I want to save them all for me!



Our Bed and Breakfast named SIR MONTCALM only two doors from Colin and Caro's place was the most magnificent place for us to stay. Not only was it handy… to all the things we like to do… the people who ran the place were so friendly and accommodating.  The rooms were beautiful and tastefully decorated… 

and the yard and deck were beautiful, too.
Every morning I could hardly wait for the breakfast as it was so delicious every day. We shared food in the patio next to yard with the other hotel guests,
and got to know everyone while there…
it was just a perfect place for us to stay this trip.


I wrote about our JAZZ adventures last blog post… but it was a great part of the trip as well. I always love the Jazz Festival experience in Montreal each year.For more on that check out my previous blog post on my blog site!


Brian and I are creatures of habit and like to go to some of the same restaurants while in Montreal and this trip was no exception to that. We did go to some of our favourite spots in and around where we stayed. 

( as photographed above.)


I do find the style and art in Montreal 

exceptional where ever we go. 
I truly enjoyed our trip and 
hope to get back there in the near future.


Since home we have done many things and had many appointments to be at as well… 

so life keeps us busy always.
I do hope to get another blog done this week 

so my pictures do not pile up too much 
on my iPhone!!!


It is always good to get away and enjoy being some where different but as in all vacays… I am always happy to return to my comfort zone back here at home.
I felt refreshed and inspired by all the
BEAUTY, ART, and GOOD TASTE
in BEAUTIFUL MONTREAL once again!



On that note here is my rhyme of the day…

We love to go MONTREAL… it's a BEAUTIFUL place.
It's about the TASTY foods and the ARTSY space!
Everywhere you turn or look, you can see some art,
It is found in music, and their paintings all so smart.
Even food is presented … with a creative flair,
Making it more tasty, than any place out there.
Montreal is artsy and tasty , that's for sure…
We just loved our little trip, for us it was so pure!

No comments:

Post a Comment