Monday, July 20, 2015

DOGGONE HAPPY CAMPER!

"Happiness is letting go of what you think life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything it is."
-Mandy Hale

"Remember Happiness is a way of travel not a destination."
-Roy Goodman

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."---Roger Caras



Mariah was a really happy camper yesterday as she packed and got ready to
go off to a week at camp.
Although she will miss her doggie, JAZZ, I know she will still have fun!

Beau got out his suitcase, too, and was wanting to be a part of the action…
he was on a roll with his suitcase wheeling it all over the house yesterday
as his sister got ready to go to camp.

I think both Beau and Jazz will miss their big sister while she is
off to camp this week!!!

Our doggie , Shuffle got 3 new toys for her birthday last week…
but this was her favourite… she is such a happy camper playing
non stop fetch with this little tiger!

Mariah is always a happy camper when she volunteers her time
and passion at the "WANAR We all Need a K9 Rescue"
monthly held at Cowtown in the city.
This past Saturday she was loving the little puppies there,
and I think they loved her, too!!!

Friends Bob and Jacquie invited us along with other friends
for cocktails before going to the horse races on Friday night.
They are such awesome people and friends…
and seem like such happy campers always!

The evening at Marquis Downs was a fun evening out.
There were ten of us in our group… not all in photos…
but Jacquie so generously treated us all to drinks and supper.
Such a great night for all of us happy campers!

I am always a happy camper when I get some bargains and fun
scrap booking finds!!!
It's not like I am short of this kind of stuff… but
I love when I get good deals!!!
The photos show my recent purchases
 from Michaels and Homesense!

The fun of getting new scrapbooking stuff… is it makes card crafting
even more fun and exciting!!!
I am always a happy camper when I am crafting!



Happy Monday everyone!
I am a happy camper as I brought my laptop outside to write today's post in our back yard… so as I listen to tunes on my iPhone and hear the birdies joining in, it is almost like I am actually in a campground some where! My back yard is always enjoyable … especially when it is sunny out!
Shuffle enjoys being outside with me, too…

so she is a doggone happy camper as well.


Because I did a bonus blog post last week, on Thursday as well as on Monday… I haven't snapped as many new photos since then… so this week's post might be a bit shorter!


We have all been enjoying our summer so far… 

lots to do and lots going on daily it seems… and we are loving the new family member… the adopted dog at my daughter's house… the 3 year old standard poodle, JAZZ! He is fitting in so well, it is like his adoption was meant to happen. Jazz has become a happy camper at their house and seems to be feeling all the love!


I am excited for Mariah, who is off to a week of camp now with her little friend. She went to this camp last year and absolutely loved it, and could hardly wait to go again.
She also was at a hip hop camp the past couple weeks on Monday and Tuesday night each week… where she learned different styles of hip hop dancing at Def Sol dance studio.
It was fun for her and she seemed to learn some new stuff… she claims hip hop is her favourite style of dance… but I hope she will pick up her enthusiasm for

 Tap again come fall!!!
Mariah is also registered in another 
dance camp later on it the summer, too.



There was a group of ten of us who went to the races at Marquis Downs on Friday night… it is a fun way to spend time… and money! I think I won the most on my bets… 

or should I say lost the least! 
A person doesn't go to get rich I don't think… 
it is just a fun thing to do for entertainment. 
Thanks to our friend, Jacquie, for treating everyone to their food and drinks. We were all happy campers about that…and how sweet and generous of her to do that.


Yesterday we were treated to breakfast at Fuddruckers, too. This time our good friend, Steve treated us when he joined for our traditional Sunday morning breakfast outing.
It was nice to have a good breakfast group once again there.


I joined my cousin Gwen yesterday for a little impromptu coffee at Tim Horton's. We normally go to Starbucks… but switched it up this time! I didn't get a photo… but we had a good visit. I always enjoy times with my cousin… she has a birthday coming up next month too.

My friend Ella and I often go to Tim Horton's after our gym classes, and enjoyed one there on Saturday 
following our class.


I was thinking we were babysitting Beau this week… but apparently that is next week that his day care lady is on holidays. I know he will be a happy camper as he loves coming to Grammie D's house… he knows it will involve a few trips to dollarama for some treats, too!!! 

What a fun kid he is. I can't believe he I will 
soon be five in early August.
I have been working on a little hard cover book on the computer for his birthday… and keep adding more photos… I truly have so many of him, and have never created a book just for him. I enjoy doing projects like that, too, and although those are time consuming to do, 

I am always a happy camper when I create!


My good buddy, Linda, has been in New York for a week. Her friend, also named Linda, has been sending out a day by day journal to friends back home as to what they have done each day… wow… they have fit in so much to their week… including about 6 or 7 Broadway musicals. I know they will all return home as very happy campers!!!
They get home tonight.


I am looking forward to hearing my brother, Brian, play with a band this weekend at The Capitol Club on Friday night at 9 PM. Although it is late to be going out for me… I will enjoy it… it has been a long time since I have heard him play in a band. He is so talented… I am a proud sister.



My sister-in-law, Bev, has a birthday on Friday, too. She is not only a great sister-in-law to me, but she has been such a good great Auntie to both my grandkids. She is the one who has taken Mariah to the dog adoption each time she has gone… and she has been so enthusiastic about our new family addition with the adoption of JAZZ too.
Happy Birthday Bev.


I have to mention Beau and Mariah's other Grandpa, Arvid … who celebrated a birthday last week, too.
Sorry you were missed in a blog… 

hope your birthday was a happy one, too!


Mondays I am always a happy camper when SYTYCD comes on… really enjoying the two styles they have broken it into this year, STAGE and STREET

… makes for an interesting show. 
I am also loving AGT on Tuesdays…
lots of talent on both those shows.


Well before my laptop runs out of power and or over heats out here in my yard… I will wrap this blog post up 

with my rhyme of the day!


My summer has been a whole lot of fun…
I'm a happy camper when the sky is filled with sun.
And where would I be without all our dogs?
And what would I do without rhymes and blogs?
I know with those, I'm a camper who is happy,
Even my feet are smiley and tappy!!!
Enjoying the things and ones I love most,
Give reason to raise my glass in a toast.
Happy campers are all usually content,
When they can create and also invent.
Making the most while having such fun…
Within everyday until it is done!


No comments:

Post a Comment