Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Friends… Family… Fabulous… Fun!

"Home is where you treat your friends like family and your family like friends."
-Author Unknown

"I have an appetite for fabulous, and I scrape the plate."
-Author Unknown

"People rarely succeed unless they have fun 
in what they are doing."
-Dale Carnegie

Saturday we had the grandkids here for the first part of the day
till Jana came for them.
We spent lots of time outside… lots of time eating, too!!!
I Love this FABULOUS photo of the two girls.
Beau loves his popsicles… and ate lots of watermelon too…
which he ended up having all over his white shirt!

We had some fun playing with my selfie stick…
but we still need practice!!! hehehe

Brian assured me he could do it better than me…
but I think neither of us quite have the hang of it just yet
if there are more than 2 people in the photo!

We had a fun little visit from my great niece JORJA
and her mommy, SAVANNAH.
We did a few attempts at some more selfless… but still need more practice!!!
Jorja was so cute… and the grandkids loved seeing her!

Saturday was National Dance Day…
and I asked the kids to strike a dance pose
but only Beau got into that request!

A while back we received some nice birth announcements and thank yous from
my Nephew Brad and Janelle with their baby, BRIELLE.
Savannah brought a very cute birth/thank you card on Saturday with JORJA.

I got this cute and fun photo in an email with my oldest Brother, Bob
PROUDLY holding
his two grand daughters… Jorja and Brielle…
he is loving being a GRANDPA!

My flowers are looking really fabulous and colourful…
I am not a green thumb… but they seem to be doing well!

Last Monday we picked up Beau from daycare on Monday…
he talked me into a trip to dollarama… because I seem to be the
"Dollarama Gramma!"
He chose flippers, goggles and 2 skipping ropes in a pack…
He is sitting on picnic table playing with his funny purchases…
what a kid!

Last Tuesday we did an impromptu supper with friends Ella and Vern.
Ella brought me a lovely rose too!

Thursday … another FUN and FABULOUS evening with FRIENDS!
This was a delicious meal at Vern's place
with Ella, Jacquie and Bob… and us.

Last week… good friends… Courtney and her dad, David popped by.
Courtney brought her adorable little two year old daughter, Lily…
and is expecting another wee one in September.
Courtney and Jana were such good friends growing up…
now Courtney calls us when ever she is in town…
as she now lives in Edmonton.
I love it when special friends who stay in touch.

Some more FUN and FABULOUS FRIENDS and FAMILY outings…

I was out for a lunch with friend, BRENDA to D'Lish…
I shared a STARBUCKS latte with friend, CARA…

and on the weekend… I was out to MOXIES for birthday drinks and appies
with sisters in law, BRENDA and BEV… (Who just had a birthday on the 24th).
The belini even had a frog candy floating in it!!!

All Fun... all Fabulous… all FATTENING too …
(oh well summer is short!)

Yesterday we had BEAU for the day… and he had lots of FUN…
Here with bubble wands to blow bubbles… and 48 colours of sidewalk chalk,
which we spent a long time decorating the driveway with...
Later it rained and washed away all our fun art work!

We also had our grand dog, JAZZ, here in the afternoon…
and Mariah brought her friend, Drew,
(which is who she spent her day with)
when they came to pick up Beau and Jazz.

Beau kept me busy with so much fun and lots of colourful things…
After a morning outside with the bubbles and chalk…
we did stickers… and button necklaces…
we also watched a few episodes of the tv show
BACK YARDIGANS… they are so cute!
There is really no down time with Beau…
he just goes from one activity to the next… but all is fun!

Beau came in a cute BATMAN shirt… and later we found a different
BATMAN shirt in my basement…
(I must have bought it for a gift for him
and forgotten I had it!… it was size 2-3… but luckily still fit him!)
Beau also found a winter toque which he wore lots yesterday, too…
a nice switch from the ball caps that usually cover his face!

Beau had a big appetite yesterday… and ate many snacks.
Between tv shows… we played many things…
 and also played with the dogs!

Shuffle and Jazz are starting to be good buddies now, too…
JAZZ is so calm so it helps SHUFFLE from getting too hyper!
But with Beau in the mix… things can get a little crazy at times!!!



Happy Tuesday to my blog readers!
I usually try to do up a blog weekly and often on Monday,
but this week… I babysat then, so now I am catching up.
Hard to believe another week has gone by…
and so much fun has happened since the last post.


As the pictures show… we have shared a lot of fun times with family and friends and lots revolved around FOOD too!
It is amazing how much tastier it is to eat out doors,
I love summer time for that… but it sure catches up to the waist line! It's a good thing I have had a chance to get to the gym in and around it all… maybe not as often as I should, though! I have taken Shuffle for more walks lately, too…
but not yesterday or today in this rainy weather.


Also last week I heard from a friend who was our neighbour years ago… Joan now lives in Abbotsford, BC…
she popped by last week… I didn't get a photo…
but we had a nice visit and drink on the deck.


In addition to all the above outings we have done…
we have had some appointments and other things to tend to. I also created a book for Beau's birthday which is coming up soon. I love to make books on the computer with all the fun photos I have… and believe me I have a ton of them.
Lots of my photos do not make it into the blogs…
even though I do try to share as many as I can here.
I just take so many!!!!!!


I had really hoped to get out to hear my brother, Brian, when he played with his old band friends last weekend. However… they did not begin to play until after 11 PM… which is way past my bed time… so brother, Bob and I chose to not go as originally planned. I checked with Brian, though, the next day and the gig went well apparently,
but he, too, found it very late at night…
hmmm… we must be getting old!


We continue to stay busy… and with Beau's daycare closed for this week and next… I am looking after him for some of that. Mariah may come here off and on, too… but she often goes to a friend's or her mommy's store
to help her with little jobs there.
I love my grandkids… but still do find it easiest to have them one on one… and then there is less competition for attention. We do enjoy doing fun things with each of the kids, but their interests are so different, therefore it is just easier, to focus on one at a time!


This weekend… my sister-in-law, Gail, and my niece, Emily, are coming for a little visit. I will look forward to seeing them.

We have a wedding reception this weekend to attend as well… so never a dull moment.
Always lots of fun and fabulous things to do.


My good friend Ella's dad made the Global news last night.
It was a "heart" warming story… about her dad who had a heart surgery at age 93… 7 years ago. His doctor wanted to celebrate him on his hundredth year… which he is on now. His doctor's little girl was born at the time of the surgery 7 years ago… so it was all about the celebrations revolving around those events.
Check it out on Global news coverage…
 under BILL MILLER, from North Battleford.


On that note…
here is my rhyme of the day.

It's hard to believe another week has passed,
We've sure fit in a lot, and also had a blast.
From hanging out with family… to dining with friends,
Having lots of beverages, of many kinds and blends.
Summer has been fabulous… in more ways than one,
As time goes by we live in the moment,
and cram in lots of fun!
From Fam to Friends… and Food to Fun,
and songs we like to sing...
We have surely made the most of every little thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment