Monday, August 3, 2015

HaPpY SuMMER CELEBRATiONS!

"I don't really care if my glass is half full or half empty-
I'm just happy to have a glass."
-Joe Farrell

"Optimism is an intellectual choice."
- Diana Schneider

"Hold on to one happy thought and you will fly!"
-Author Unknown

Last Wednesday we babysat the grandkids
and took them for a fun filled day at
Crickle Creek…
where they enjoyed the park stuff as well as  the sunny weather!

At Crickle Creek we started off with the mini golf…
then onto snacks and other fun!

From bouncy castles with slides to park apparatus …
a happy and fun day we had!

Beau and Mariah went on every bouncy slide there…
and then needed more snacks and refreshments!

The kids had fun decorating the driveway at our house…
and eating snacks on
the front steps with Shuffle!

From sidewalk chalk to dog walks and snacks… lots of fun!

Brian's good bud… who we call "MAX" was here for a visit…
he was a groomsman at our wedding… and I haven't seen him for decades!
He was visiting here from Victoria.

Brian received a nice t-shirt (gift) from sister-in-law, Gail…
from her  recent trip to Humboldt University in Berlin.

We attended a lovely wedding reception for a former dance
student of mine, Ashley... and her new hubby, Matt.
Their wedding was in February in Mexico…
so this was an in town reception.

We enjoyed the lovely decor and sat with good friends,
Bob and Jacquie.

I always enjoy the chance to craft a card, too!

Also visiting with us, here at table number 10…
were  Bob's son, Danny and his wife… Judy…
(aunt and uncle to the Bride!)

Jana and Nels texted this lovely photo from the wedding rehearsal reception
they were at on Friday in BC…
for a friends' wedding on Saturday, that Nels was a groomsman for.

The grandkids and dog… stayed in Edmonton
with their other grandparents for the weekend and we received
some fun photos by text from their Grandma Nancy…
here they are making cupcakes, with dog, Jazz, settled in on the couch!

More grandkid fun in Edmonton… Beau got into some lipstick…
while on a picnic with their Auntie Ingrid… what a kid!
Eating cupcakes… they look yummy…
Mariah is wearing a turban of some sort!

Saturday after the gym… I had a nice coffee visit
with my friend, Ella and took some photos of her lovely flowers.

Earlier this past week, I met Ella and her visiting friend,
 Maryann, in the park
for a visit and lovely walk.

Saturday we had a nice visit from niece, Emily and nephew, Alec…
Sisters-in-law, Bev and Brenda popped by to see them, too!
We enjoyed some watermelon out on the deck….
then Bev, Emily and I went to the fringe for a bit, too.

It was great to see Emily doing so well
with her little bundle on the way in early September…
We will be welcoming our third "GREAT" NIECE in less than a year…
getting excited!

Last night more visits with relatives…
Sister-inlaw, Gail… her Aunt Carol,…
Gail's two kids… Alec and Emily…
as well sister-in-law, Brenda and
her daughter, Rowen were here, too.
Lots of fun and happy moments were shared.

After being at the Fringe on Saturday…
Brian and I met up with friends …
Bob, Jacquie, and Suzanne yesterday for some ice cream and tasty snacks
once again at the Fringe!

It was pretty hot out, so we didn't last long…
but enjoyed what we took in!

A happy and fun week… all round!



Happy Summer Monday everyone…
I can hardly believe how fast the summer is racing by.
Now as we are into August already…and there are lots of celebrations both past and coming up.


We did enjoy a week full of fun and action last week…
after a couple days of babysitting the grandkids… and having some special company, as well as attending a special wedding reception celebration, too.


This month has many celebrations coming up… in fact a couple of milestone birthdays in the family this week even.


In my dad's family there are four families…and each one of them had babies in 1955… with 5 cousins turning 60 this year. I kicked it off in January… then my cousin, Donald turned 60 in early March followed by twin cousins, Dawn and Greg in late March also turning 60. So now the last one to hit that wonderful milestone is my cousin, Gwen… who will celebrate her birthday this Friday, August 7th…
and join us other cousins who are already 60!
That is a lot of 60th Milestone Birthdays in one family
 in one year!!!


Also hitting a milestone this week is my sweet grandson, Beau… who will be  5 on August 8th.
I still remember the big lead up to his debut… and can hardly believe how fast those five years have past.
He will be in kindergarten this fall already!!!
I know we will likely celebrate him this coming weekend at some point for a Happy Birthday for him!


This past week was full of so many special celebration type events. We enjoyed visits with friends and family alike… doing special things together. Summer is always great for those happy fun get togethers.


I know we enjoy all the times we can spend doing fun summer things with the grandkids…and their other grandparents enjoy that opportunity as well.
 Mariah, Beau and their dog, Jazz,
spent their weekend with their
Grandma Nancy… who they refer to as Nana…
and their Grandpa Arvid as well as some good friends and family of theirs. Jana and Nels flew out to BC for a wedding
celebration for their friends there after dropping their kids and dog off in Edmonton. They should be home later today.


As well as all the above shown memories of the week gone by… we are headed to other celebration type memories.


August is a mixed bag of memories for us. It is a real reflection month for us. The past few summers we lost  some dear family members in August.
So those memories come back again as we hit August.
My parents always celebrated their wedding anniversary in August too… so that is another memory to recall in August.
I feel all their spirits with me as I sit outside in the sunshine.


Today I am writing this blog post from the sunshine in my own backyard. I love the feel of this time of year outdoors, but before we know it… fall will be here again… and shortly after winter… so therefore… I need to enjoy all the time I can out in the beautiful weather outside. Whether eating BBQ suppers, eating snacks… or drinking coffees or having happy hours… or doing blogs...
it is a fun and happy spot out on my deck in my own yard!

To anyone with reasons to celebrate this month…
I hope the celebrations are all happy and fun ones!


On that note…
 here is my rhyme of the day…

This summer has been full of many celebrations,
Sharing time with loved ones and lots of our relations.
Lots of sunny days to be outside in the sun,
So much to do and having so much fun!
I just love my deck in my own back yard,
I'm a real home body… so being here is not so hard!
 Enjoying little walks with Shuffle, my dog…
And sharing special moments, right here in my blog.
Lots of gatherings with family and friends,
This sunny summer… the fun just never ends!


No comments:

Post a Comment