Monday, August 10, 2015

Memorable Moments & Milestones!

"Great moments make great memories; so be you, be great and make great memorable moments."
-Ricardo Housham

"Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments."
-Rose Kennedy

"Today I will not focus on milestones but rather create magical moments for my child, my family and me."
-Author Unknown

Yesterday was a memorable one celebrating the
the beautiful Churches in and around this province
 and photos  taken by my father-in-law, Greg.
Although Greg is no longer with us… his memories live on through
his wonderful photos…
This beautiful church is where my in-laws, were married…
and it is located in Muenster, Sk…
our family were there to see it and capture more photos
and memorable moments
together there, as well…
including a cute selfie with Jana, Mariah and Rowen.

This is the exhibit which is now on display at the Humboldt Museum.
There are several of Greg's beautiful photos hanging
 and the time the photo was taken
as well as the history of each church with each.
So many memories  captured… and Beau and Mariah were
there to see them… and honour their great grandpa, Greg.

In front of the Humboldt Museum and  St. Peter's Church
where some some of the family gathered to honour my father-in-law's
photos and memories yesterday.
My sweet Niece, Rowen, is always so good with
 both of my grandkids,
Mariah and Beau. 

Mariah read lots of the memories and histories of not only the church exhibit,
but the Humboldt Museum.
I am not sure what was going on with Mariah and her mom
in the church… but it makes a cute memory ...
...looks like Mariah was saying "Talk to the hand!"

Last Monday we made many more memorable moments
while we babysat BEAU and JAZZ.
Such a cute one of our dog, SHUFFLE,
 peaking out of our bleeding heart plant, too!

Tuesday we babysat the two grandkids…
and my brother, Brian popped by for a visit.
Beau requested he come and Brian came to the city right away…
I know the visit meant a lot to Brian and the kids as well.
I always cherish memories spent with my brother.

It was a perfect day to burn off some energy
at the neighbourhood park with the kids.
We have made many memories  there over time!
The kids also played Jenga… and washed the little smurfs and buddies
in the bathtub as well…
so a fun and action packed day filled with memorable moments.

We captured many fun photos at the park… the kids played restaurant,
and played for a long time doing that as
well as playing on swings, monkey bars, etc.
… lots of moments… many memories!

Friday my cousin, Gwen turned SIXTY…
and she had some friends and family over
for a little coffee gathering in the morning.
I brought my selfie stick but failed at getting a pic of us all,
so the neighbour across the street came over and snapped one of us
all together in front of the house.

This house holds many memories for me
 as my cousin grew up living in this house,
and moved there to live again
 after her dad passed away over a year ago.
So many MILESTONES and MEMORABLE MOMENTS
have taken place here.

Here is a MILESTONE MEMORY from the past as well…
This photo is of the 5 cousins on my dad's side of the family
who were born in 1955, making us all reach our
MILESTONE 60th BIRTHDAYS this year.
This photo is taken in the back yard of the house where I grew up.
Left to Right… cousin, Greg, me, Gwen, Dawn, and Donald.
We are all 60 now!!!!!
I am not sure how old we were in this photo…
I am guessing about 5 or 6!

Another memory is this cute photos taken in 2012…
on the occasion of the 2nd birthday for BEAU
and the 57th birthday for my cousin Gwen.
Their Birthdays are one day apart on the calendar
on August 7th and 8th.
I love this memory!

Saturday was another MILESTONE BIRTHDAY MEMORY…
This was for my grandson, BEAU…. who turned 5.
We celebrated it with cupcakes, and party fun with family.
Beau and Mariah were enjoying all the party stuff I had out
for them!

Not only did the kids wear the hats and party glasses…
but they got the two dogs in them as well…
but hard to capture a photo of all of that!
Sisters-in-law, Bev and Brenda along with her hubby, Mark…
all came for an impromptu celebration
with cupcakes and gift exchanging fun.
BEAU knew it was all about him!!!

We managed to capture a photo of us and the grandkids in the house
and one of Jana and Nels with their kids in the back
 before our  other company arrived.
Nels had also driven the two kids and their dog to Regina
and home earlier  that day… so I know he was pretty tired out!

This photo of Beau that Jana took of him a while ago
 is my new favourite photo of him…
 I chose to use it on the card and the book I made him for his birthday.
I love making cards and books… and photos like this one
really add to the memorable moments!

The top two pics are a couple other cute memories
Jana captured of Beau with Jazz…

and yesterday Nels put his sunglasses on Jazz
and captured another fun memory.

This dog is such a cool dude and so calm …
 and didn't seem to be bothered by the glasses at all!
Such cute memories!

More memories we made this past week…
We attended the Fringe with friends, Ella, Vern and Leon…
 where we met up with
my cousin John, his wife, Mary Pat and their daughter, Elaine…
at her booth there. Elaine was also featured in Saturday's news paper, too.
She is such a talented artist and comic book illustrator/ writer.

Yesterday morning  we met friends for our weekly breakfast at Fuddrucker's .
The guys were all off looking at a cool car in the parking lot when we captured
these photos of the ladies Ella and Jacquie out on the patio at Fudd's.
We have made many memories there over time.

This morning  I popped by the BSOBAD dance studio
for their first day of summer dance camp.
I taught at that studio for 6 years and
now many of the kids I taught are teaching,
including Kelly in upper right (with his funky man-bun!)…
and Kendal in lower left.
Friend and dance teacher, Joanne along studio secretary, Shari are also featured.
Joanne has done some amazing painting on the walls at the studio over the summer.
I especially like the sayings and gold polka dots!



Here it is another MONDAY- BLOG DAY!
I cannot believe how much we cram into our weeks,
and this week was no exception for  capturing special memorable moments. In fact today as I prepared photos to share in this post, I realized I have taken 314 photos...
just since last Monday's blog post.
So it is always a lot to sort through
and compile into the weekly theme!
I do enjoy the blog, though, and it is my way
of reviewing what a memorable life
I am fortunate enough to live.


I know my family finds me somewhat over the top when it comes to capturing memories… but it is a way to keep them alive so the moments can live on. The way I see it, is you can never go back and recapture them, so you have to capture them on the way as they happen!



We have had a busy but fun week of babysitting the grandkids as well as our grand dog, Jazz. In addition to those memories… we celebrated two Milestone Birthdays… when my cousin, Gwen turned 60 and my grandson, Beau turned 5. I still remember the big lead up to Beau 5 summers ago… seems like only yesterday… and now this fall he will be in Kindergarten already…
WOW time flies when you are having fun!


Yesterday was a special day for our family as we went to the Church photo exhibit, photographed and donated by my father-in-law, Greg on display now at the
Humboldt Museum. This exhibit was taken over a matter of many years…and he has both the dates and history of each church included with each photo on display. We also made a couple trips to surrounding area churches… including the St. Peter's Church in Muesnter, Sk, where my in-laws, Blanche and Greg were married, and St. Pete's College where
Greg went to school. We also saw the Abby beside it and drove by Blanche's family farm
between Humboldt and Muenster, too.
Although I have seen these places before… it was fun to share the memories with the next generations
this time round. It seems so fitting we made that trip in Greg's honour... as it is around this time of year
he passed away last summer,
on August 18th, 2014.


Tomorrow the family will be remembering my brother in law, Bruce, who lost his battle to cancer two years ago,
 on August 11th, 2013.
Both he and Greg  hold a special spot in all of our hearts
and their memorable moments live on for all of us
for ever more.


Today we have our grand dog, Jazz,  here and both he and our dog, Shuffle are getting along so well. They are becoming such good buddies. We have only had Jazz in the family for a little over a month, but he fits right in already…
so many memories have been made to date.

 I always cherish memories I can make and capture with both family and friends alike. We try to make the most of them always and consider ourselves so very lucky to have such good people in our lives.


This weekend we will make many more memories when we have the two grandkids and their dog here for the entire weekend. Might be hectic, but I am sure
we will have lots of fun, too!

I really like to cherish the memories we make from day to day… whether they are birthdays and or other special occasions or not! Every day there is something we can  CELEBRATE!




On that note here is my rhyme of the day…


Make every moment special... every day,
Try create a memory that is here to stay.
Whether it's a birthday on a milestone year,
Or spending time with someone, oh so dear.
Try to make memorable moments of it all…
Capturing all the memories, while having a ball.
Celebrate life... every moment... every year,
Cherish all the moments,
  even after they were here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment