Monday, August 31, 2015

TAP into Positive Creativity!

"There is a fountain of youth: It is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of the people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you truly have defeated age."
-Sophia Loren

"Happiness is something you are and it comes from the way you think"
-Dr. Wayne Dyer

"You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mr. in-between ."
-Johnny Mercer


Last week… I TAPPED into some POSITIVE CREATIVITY!
I decorated my Tap Shoes with polka dots on Thursday…
and on Friday I put them on for a little
"HAPPY TAPPY HOUR" on the deck, too!!!

Last week, our good friend, Robin shared some
POSITIVITY with us, when she stopped by for a visit
and to drop off this beautiful plant and card!
She is such a sweet caring soul.

Last Wednesday was NATIONAL DOG DAY…
so here is my doggie, SHUFFLE, named after the TAP step…
sharing some "PAWS-ITIVITY!"

Last Friday…
Brian and I joined Jana, and Mariah
at Montana's for a fun lunch outing…
I got a few creative photos  of Jana's facials…
but just shared the 2 here!
Mariah took the pic of Brian and me.
It is always a Positive experience with these two girlies.

Later on Friday… friend Ella and I had a walk in the park…
followed by a Happy Hour on our deck
with  Brian and friend, Heather.
It was a fun afternoon tapping into the positives!

Hard to believe tomorrow marks the 33 year date
 of when we moved into this house.
We have created lots of positive memories here over those years.
Here are some photos of the place I spend a lot of time lately…
I love my own back yard… it helps me TAP into POSITIVITY!

Saturday… we did a Farmer's Market run… so I enjoyed some yummy
blueberries on the deck.
Later… sister-in-law, Bev dropped by with some veggies
from her garden… which were so yummy!
Then as she was leaving, Jana, Nels, Beau and Jazz stopped by and ended
up having supper with us on the deck.
They also brought some titbits and donuts, too!!!

(Mariah was off to a little friend sleepover that night!)

Beau's supper consisted of mostly titbits and pickles!!!…
so he had energy to burn after supper…
They happened to bring his bike along…
so as well as climbing a ladder out front,
he was also riding his bike up and down the sidewalk out front.

Yesterday morning Jana, Nels, and the kids joined us at Fuddruckers
for Sunday breakfast…
the kids each had those gigantic cinnamon buns
to share with their parents.
Notice… the men on their cel phones here!!! hehehe
(that is what they often do during meals )

Also at Fuddrucker's yesterday were my friends, Jacquie and Ella.
I spent some time at their table, too,  before our family arrived!
These two are such a positive couple of friends for me!



Where does the time go????
It seems it was only yesterday when I did my last blog post,
but another week has flown by… in fact this month has really gone by quickly. People say time flies when you are having fun!!! Although not all of my days are filled with fun…
I try to make the most of the time
I have and create positivity when ever I can!


I can hardly believe that August is nearly over already and soon it is back to routines for many families who have kids in school and activities. I actually used to love this time of year when I owned my dance studio… it was the beginning of a new season for me. I could TAP into lots of CREATIVITY.
As a parent, I was always happy to have my kids return to their school and activities, too.


I know this also marks the time of year we moved into this home 33 years ago. We have created so many positive and creative memories in this house. It is very dated, but it is still home. I especially love sitting in the back yard and recalling all the fun we have had together over time here…
and watching the trees grow from little to big!


I am excited for my grandkids to begin school again… well for Beau it is actually his first year in school. Tomorrow he begins Kindergarten. Mariah will be in grade 4 already. They will both be busy in their extra activities too. Mariah is dancing every week day after school… and Beau will be in skating, hockey and Tae Kwando again too.
I know both kids will CREATE many POSITIVE memories as they begin this new season. Today is Beau's last day at daycare… so that is the end of a chapter in his life.
The daycare lady, Ceylyn, looked after Mariah till she began school, and also Beau… and she was such a caring and influential lady in both of their lives. I personally was so thankful for her and all she taught my grandkids while they were in her care. I know they will miss her, but really have lots of positive fun memories from going to her house .


Yesterday, I chose to clean out my garage… it was a job and a half… I was busy going through many creative memories in boxes out there. It is hard for me to downsize the junk we have accumulated in time. Not only do we have our own stuff, we have my dance studio stuff, my mom's leftover stuff, and now my stuff from my in-law's too!
I am a sentimental type and do not like to part with things, but I was feeling quite accomplished when I managed to throw a few things away yesterday!!!
That made me feel good… and tired, too!!!
What a big job it became, but so rewarding, too.


Colin was 3 and Jana was 1 when we moved in to this neighbourhood and we have tapped into so many fun times and memories over the time spent in this home.
I cannot imagine ever living anywhere else, but one day we might have to move forward to a smaller place, so I guess it doesn't hurt to start downsizing now!


When I posted the pic of my polka dot tap shoes on my Facebook and Instagram page last week… it got quite a bit of attention. There is a page on instagram called "livinthetaplife" which does posts on
tapshoes every Thursday.
He likes people with colourful tap shoes to share pics of "Those Tap Shoes Though"… so I decided to add colour to my shoes for that… by putting polka dot stickers on the shoes and changing up the laces. Also when Brenda, from BSOBAD, noticed my shoes on FB, she asked me to teach the first day back to adult tap at her studio which is on the 14th of September. It is an honour to be asked, so I accepted that… but it is only for that date.
I will TAP into some POSITIVE CREATIVITY
for that night!


Next week… Jana, Mariah and I are going on
 a "Girl's Night Out" to hear icon,
JANET JACKSON in concert… we are all so excited.
Jana danced to many of Janet Jackson's songs over her years of dance lessons growing up… so I know it will be a fun and positive memory for us for sure… can't wait!


I am still enjoying the shows on TV, SYTYCD and AGT…as well as other various TV competitive shows. Lots of CREATIVITY and POSITIVITY on those types of shows.


Saturday we visited my mother-in-law, Blanche. She continues to do pretty well in her home where she has lived for nearly a year now. She is still anxious for her house to sell, but sounds like there is a deal in the works there. We are all anxious for that chapter to be completed.


Well on that note…
here is my rather short rhyme of the day…


TAP into the positive, and be creative, too…
Bring out some happiness with the things you do.
SPOT the little things that brighten everyday,
And make the most of each moment along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment