Monday, December 19, 2011

BSO ... MeRRy...& "BEARY"!

"Our happiness depends on the habit of mind we cultivate. So practice happy thinking everyday. Cultivate the  merry heart, develop the happiness habit, and life will become a continual feast."
-Norman Vincent Peale


"A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance.
A merry heart doeth good like medicine."
-King Solomon


"Many MERRY CHRISTMASES, friendships, great accumulation of cheerful recollections, affection on earth, and Heaven at last for all of us."
-Charles Dickens



My dear friend Brenda and me by her
fabulous huge tree in her entry way of her home,
 at the BSOBAD staff Christmas party, Saturday.


Her Tree really is "TREE-MENDOUS"
This photo does not do it justice!!! 


Brenda striking a pose while organizing
all the yummy food in the kitchen!
Looks like she is giving it all a "THUMBS UP!"


One of the teachers at the studio,
Miss Amber and her darling
6 month old baby
Alexandra! 


Two more dance teachers expecting
 a wee bundle in the new year...
Ballet teacher, Miss Michelle,
and Mariah's teacher, Miss Cara.


Brenda's "BEARY" cute second tree in her basement,
All in POLAR BEAR theme...
(co-incidentally POLAR BEARS were the THEME
of the recent ballet and jazz exams this season at the studio! )


A photo of the staff and class assistants
ready to do the "Traditional" Chinese gift exchange!
(watch for many Christmas party photos on the
 "BSOBOARDS" in the start of the new year!)


Mariah at her final class at BSOBAD  before Christmas,
last Wednesday...
passing out her little decorated candy canes to her dance friends 


Beau, Friday morning here after a little sleepover.
He was eating fruit loops,
while I had my morning java from the
"KEEP IT SIMPLE" mug! 


Dear friends... Jacquie and Bob at a lovely
festive breakfast  at Rembrandt's yesterday.



Jacquie snapped this one of me in the restaurant yesterday,
... looks like Santa behind me in this one!!!
Ho Ho Ho




I had a few celebrations once again this past weekend... 'Tis the season!

My dear friend, Brenda, and owner of
"BRENDA'S SCHOOL OF BATON And DANCE"
other wise known as "BSOBAD"
hosted the annual BSOBAD Staff Christmas party on Saturday,
and a fun time was had by all.

Brenda has a large studio and very big staff of many teachers, class assistants, helpers and organizers. This year's party had a very good turn out  at the party.

Each year we bring something to contribute to a potluck supper, something to donate to the food bank...and a little 20 dollar value gift for the Chinese gift exchange!
The food variety was the best I can ever remember at the party, and the gifts were well thought out as well!

While opening the gifts we draw numbers and go in the order of the number we select. As we have our turn, we must state something we are grateful for. Everyone had lots of GRATEFULNESS to TAP into during that portion. I mentioned how GRATEFUL I was for every generation of life I have been fortunate to go through in my life and how each one tops the previous one...also how all the good and bad things in life have made me realize how important it is to make the most of our best and least of our worst in this life!
I am really GRATEFUL for so many things in
MY life... but do want to say
I neglected to say how GRATEFUL I was for BRENDA and her wonderful party.
Not only is she a gracious and generous host to open up her beautiful home to her staff,
but she is also a fabulous dance teacher
who is so giving and creative year round,
not to mention a very dear friend of mine.

Brenda and my studios blended together to become unified in September of 2002.
I went on to be the Tap Director at
BSOBAD for 6 years.
After retiring from the "TEACHING"
job there in May of 2008,
I continued to keep my foot
in the Studio door, by being involved
with the bulletin boards and other
"odds and ends" studio related little jobs including teaching the occasional
Tap solo here and there!

I consider myself very lucky to be a part of this loving BSOBAD family, and my passion for dance will always remain!

Sunday morning my hubby, Brian and I joined good friends Bob and Jacquie for a very festive and elegant breakfast at the lovely
Rembrandt Restaurant. It was so beautifully decorated and made for such
a nice setting for a
little pre-Christmas breakfast.
A little switch from our normal
Sunday morning venue at Fuddruckers!

I want to take this chance to once again
THANK all my blog readers old and new.
I will be doing my "Christmas Card Greeting"
via my blog this year instead of sending actual cards in the mail. It should appear here on Wednesday or Thursday of this week!
I decided that seeing as I have posted many blogs and photos this season, an actual card wasn't necessary, but I will include
a review of the year in my next blog
if that might be of interest!

Just a reminder to close friends and family
that we will be once again hosting our annual
BOXING DAY OPEN HOUSE
here on December 26th from 2 PM onward
and all are welcome...
the more the MERRIER!

So on that note...
as we continue to
 TAP into GRATEFULNESS...
my rhyme of the day!

BSO MERRY and also so BRIGHT...
Just enjoy the season,
whether morning or night!
Gatherings a plenty with family and friends,
Always so festive... the fun never ends!
Feeling so grateful and also so blessed,
I feel like my peeps are truly the BEST!
It's hectic, it's fast paced,
there's never a lull...
Oh yes it is busy, my life is not dull.
Soon the big day will be here,
then be gone,
Then we'll TAP into New Year's...
and keep moving on!
Wishing the Merriest to all who stop by,
I hope this season brings out a new high.




2 comments:

  1. Thank you Diane for all the wonderful compliments!
    You are a treasured friend..and wonderful gift to me at Christmas and all year through!!!
    Love you buddy!!!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda you do so much for so many...and I am grateful for our friendship... thanks for the party and for commenting on the blog, too!
    :)

    ReplyDelete