Monday, December 12, 2011

FUN & FRiEND-tastic TRADiTiONS Continue!

"All major religious traditions carry basically the same message, that is love, compassion , forgiveness, the important thing is that they should be part of our daily lives."
-Dalai Lama


"Good friends are like stars... you don't always see them, but you know they are always there."
-Author Unknown


"Friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support."
-Author Unknown



My best bud, Linda and me
with our
TRADITIONAL
STARBUCKS
photo of the Christmas season! 


A little impromptu sleepover with
Mariah on Friday night! 


Crafting in Grammie's basement
saturday morning!
SPOT the fun!


A birthday delivery for Rowen
on our way to taking Mariah home
on Saturday morning! 


Rowen's gift was a hard cover photo book
I made of pictures of her and Mariah.
Here they are enjoying the memories together!
"The Adventures of Ri & RO!"


BEAU looking all grown up!
He is at the Wheaton Christmas staff
"KIDDIE'S" TRADITIONAL party yesterday. 


Mariah was one of the first kids to get into the
TRADITIONAL CRAFT TABLE
at the Christmas Party!


Both kids enjoying a little cup of POPCORN TWISTS! 


Mariah and Rowen enjoying the party lunch provided!
Note Beau cruising around in the background!!! 


Rowen and Mariah crafting
snowmen Christmas ornaments at the party...
these two love to craft...
(and anything Rowen loves... Mariah loves, too!!!) 


Me in my lovely crafted necklace!!!
Beau was really anxious to get
cruising here once again...
Sitting and being held wasn't his best one! 


Proud Poppa Brian showing off his grandson
at the Christmas party yesterday. 


Beau was a little frightened of Santa...
but he sure loved his gift!
His mommy and daddy arrived at the party
 in time to see their kids get their gifts, too.


Poppa Brian was Santa's helper at the party to help give out gifts.
This is a darling pic of Proud Poppa with his grand daughter and Santa! 


Mariah LOVES her Barbies...
so this is like a perfect gift for her! 


Beau enjoyed cruising around
with his new push toy popper!


This morning as I sit down to write my blog,
 I am drinking my special white chocolate mint coffee out of the white and black dotted mug
that inside says...
"LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE"

My "SEIZE the DAY"
calendar says this for today....
"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."
-Author Unknown

And so I begin!...

I had a FUN- FILLED weekend... filled with LIVIN, LOVIN and LAUGHIN!

Friday night we had a very impromptu little sleepover with Mariah... she came to watch a cute Christmas show  on TV with us called "PREP and LANDING"... an animated Disney show, followed by "SHREK the HALLS".

Saturday morning we got up and crafted a little birthday card for my Niece ROWEN who turned 12 that day. We stopped by and dropped off her birthday gift on our way to taking Mariah back home again. Mariah just idolizes Rowen and the 2 have such fun whenever they connect!

I missed my 8:30 AM gym class Saturday but did go to the 1 PM class, and saw my gym friend, Ella there. We went for a quick coffee after as well.

Later in the afternoon, Brian and I went to see the BREATH TAKING GLAMOROUS decor at the store called "Garden Architecture".
I took some pics of their spectacular trees...
but my photos do not do them justice...
may post them in a later blog.

Yesterday was a jam packed day, too...
Brian and I joined friends Bob and Jacquie for our TRADITIONAL Sunday morning breakfast
at Fuddruckers... then we were off to get our grandkiddies and take them to the annual TRADITIONAL WHEATON  KIDDIE'S
CHRISTMAS PARTY.

This party is held in the show room of the car dealership... all cars are moved aside and the room is turned into a party room extraordinaire!

This party has food, fun, family, friends, crafts, Santa, gifts, pinatas, games and treats for all young and old!
It is held each year for the kiddies and grandkiddies of the staff.
We took our grandkiddies... and our niece, Rowen was there, too, because her daddy works there as well!

A HUGE HEART FELT THANK YOU
to Ross Wheaton
for his marvelous and generous efforts to put on such a perfect well organized and
thought out party for his staff's kids!

Following the party I met up with my good friend Linda, from Lanigan, who came to the city to shop and meet me for our annual
TRADITIONAL STARBUCKS CHRISTMAS LATTE!
(which we refer to as a "FLUFFY COFFEE"!!!)

We did our visit, and also a little shopping too, before Linda and her friend, Shannon returned back home again! I look forward to any time I can get together with Linda and it is always TRADITION to have a pic at
 STARBUCKS when we get together!!!

Last night I settled in to watching 3 Christmas specials on TV... which I find to be another TRADITION of this time of year!
I watched the AMA Christmas special and 2 movies with similar related story lines...
one called "DEAR SANTA" and the other called
"THE MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS".

Today I plan to get my shopping all
finished and wrapped up...
I "HO HO HOPE" I am successful with that, too!

So on that thought ....
here is my rhyme of the day....

TRADITIONS continue on & on...
at this time of year,
As we share a lot of fun
with loved ones oh so dear!
Whether it's at parties...
or sharing lattes with some fluff,
There's always many things to do,
oh yes, a lot of stuff!
From sleepovers, to birthdays,
and seeing Santa again,
To having one more STARBUCKS
to hold us over till when...
We get to do it one more time
and share more perfect blends,
Of having festive fun with
all our families and our friends!


2 comments:

  1. another great Christmas Blog, I especially loved the photos (as usual:) and your 'quotes' I've read elsewhere also...and I LOVE them! Glad you had your traditional coffee break with your best bud. You two look like you've really enjoyed your fluffy coffee ( :
    Thank you for sharing your terrific blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Arlene... I didn't realize i didn't respond to this yet!. Thanks for your comment as always... appreciated...as was my Starbucks coffee with Linda! We always enjoy our traditional get togethers over Starbucks!
    Now I am onto another new blog... thanks again my dear friend!
    :)

    ReplyDelete