Wednesday, December 7, 2011

CooKieS with SPRiNKLES!!!

"Christmas cookies without sprinkles, are like raisins without wrinkles, & sleigh bells without tinkles... are Christmas cookies without sprinkles!"
-Author Unknown


"Grandmas never run out of hugs or cookies."
-Author Unknown


"Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting."
-Author Unknown


"Cookies are made with butter and love."
-Norwegian Proverb



Mariah making cookies here on Monday...
She loves the feel of the flour the best!


Adding the icing and sprinkles to the cookies! 


The finished products!!!
ICED cookies with sprinkles...
along with her playdough nativity,
her crafts and a special
Disney tin that looks like a book,
that we got as a souvenir in 2000. 


A YUMMY FAVORITE TRADITION
here at CHRISTMAS each year.
NUTS & BOLTS
(see recipe below)


NUTS & BOLTS TO GO!
They make good little gifts for those
special people on the list...
I am going to take some to mom's friend CLARA,
and to others as well!
 


I took a pic of the recipe...

but it is hard to read, so will type it out below.


Two dancing sisters who teach at
GOODLIFE GYM
Celebrated birthdays yesterday.
Dominique is 25 and Lauren is 22,
I crafted a card for each.
Their mom, Theresa, who also teaches there,
danced at my studio when she was young!


My busy looking festive fireplace...
Mariah is constantly creating little stories to go with the
stuff in this photo. She has a real imagination.

As promised... my recipe...
which does not have
"NUTS" or "BOLTS" in it!!!!!!!




NUTS & BOLTS
1 package cheerios (575 grams)
1 package thin pretzels (330 grams)
1 package shreddies (675 grams)
1 package crispix (350 grams)
1 1/2 pound margarine
2 tsp. garlic salt

Melt  margarine in oven at 200 degrees in a big roaster. Add garlic salt . Then add the rest of the the ingredients alternately and stir. Put in oven and stir every 15 minutes for 1 1/2 hours.

(NOTE... I do not use that many shreddies!!!)

These have been a tradition in my family since I was little. We always made them while putting up our Christmas tree. I have continued to make them every year since then... We do enjoy them around here... although oddly enough... when I asked Mariah if she would
like some the other day...
she looked at me and said...
"I'm not really a fan!"

I had Mariah here all Monday afternoon, and we had a fun little GrammieD/ Mariah
bond kind of day!

I asked her about her celebration in Edmonton on the past weekend. She said it was the "PRETEND" one! I guess to her if it isn't on the "REAL" date... that makes it PRETEND!
She raved about a beautiful scarf her Grandma Nancy knit for her. I am glad the special home made things mean so much to her, those are the ones that will live on in
memories for years to come!

I haven't seen as much of BEAU lately now that he goes to daycare, but sure enjoy any chances I get to bond with either one of the grandkids when ever those come along.

Mariah and I baked cookies and iced them with sprinkles...and some with chocolate chips, too, (which oddly Mariah doesn't like either!!!... she told me she isn't a fan of chocolate...funny kid!)

We also did some crafting together in our basement. She created a little nativity of baby Jesus and Mary and Joseph out of her purple playdough, too. She loves the shows on TREEHOUSE on demand on TV...and now there are lots of Christmas ones to choose from.

Yesterday I did my first TWO CLASS TWOSDAY in a long time at GOODLIFE gym. I thought I might be stiff today, but so far so good!
One of the birthday girls taught my first class yesterday, too, so I delivered my little cards while there!


After the gym I went to Tim Horton's by the gym for a coffee with my friend Ella. She has recently become an AVON lady so I have someone to buy from again!!!

My neighbour, Heather, popped by yesterday as well and we had a nice visit over coffee, too. I enjoy impromptu little get togethers always!

Last night Brian and I met Jana downtown for a little CHRISTMAS SHOPPING adventure.
Jana helped us pick out stuff from
GAP, BUILD A BEAR, and TOYS R US...
for her kids...
Brian paid, and my end of the deal will be
to wrap it up!
WRAPPING is always one of
my favorite things to do, at Christmas.

Today Beau is not going to daycare, he has a little cold, so Jana will stay home with him and
I will pick up Mariah and take her to her dancing later. We will stop for our traditional
Starbucks along the way as well!!!!

I got an email forward with this quote
at the end of it yesterday...

"Be so happy that when others look at you
they become happy too."
-Author Unknown

I thought  to myself... that is a good statement, so on that  thought....
here is my rhyme of the day!

SWEETER with SPRINKLES

'Tis the time for cookies with sprinkles...
And so many Santas, and many Kris Kringles!
For nuts and bolts and other yummy treats...
Lots of chocolates and also many sweets.
Coffee and cocoa topped off with fluff,
Lots of tasty munchies, and other fun stuff!
Wrapping up gifts with danglers and bows,
That's the most fun part, as everyone knows!
At least it is that way... if you are me!
Those are truly things I like best, you see.
I also enjoy the mingling with friends,
When added together they are the best blends.
It's time that is spent with
the ones that I love...
And thoughts of the ones
who have flown up above.
Really the simplest things are the best,
Like sprinkles on cookies,
among all the rest!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this was so good, so great. Put me in a happy place, thank you. I love the pictures, the quotes, and your poem was exceptionally amazing.. Like you.
    Which reminds me - I sure do like you, Diane. And your blog. Thanks for the happy, feel-good read!!
    Your munchies are wonderful, too. Your presentation is the best. So pro!! (Also like YOU!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great Christmas blog, I specially loved your 'quotes' photos and your poem...I loved it all!
    Your cookies are very well decorated..kudos to the bakers!
    You're little helper looks like she's in training to be a baker.
    Your heart is so full of the Christmas Spirit, and your blog sure shows it!
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful fun filled blog Diane..

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS to my sweet ARLENE sisterfriends! I do enjoy a comment from both of you, and I'm glad you enjoyed my little Sprinkles on cookie kind of blog... simple pleasures, really, and grandkids add the icing on my LIFE! hehehe... thanks for popping in to comment... greatly appreciated as always! :)

    ReplyDelete