Monday, December 17, 2012

Gift of LOVE

"May no gift be too small to give, nor simple to receive, which is wrapped in thoughtfulness and tied with love."
-L.G.Baird

Christmas is not as much about opening presents as opening our hearts."
-Janice Marditere

"Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas."
-Peg Bracken

My two darling grandkids... Mariah and Beau
last Friday at their house....sharing a loving snuggle.
We were invited to share a supper there with them!


My niece, Rowen with Beau and Mariah behind... out in our back yard
saturday afternoon, loving the snow! 

Rowen and Mariah putting a lot of love in to decorating some
Christmas cookies on Saturday.


Beau enjoying some chocolate chips while the girls iced cookies!
He LOVES his "CHOCK-IT" which is what he calls chocolate! 

My brother Brian popped by and shared some time coloring
with the kids while I babysat on Saturday.
He drew one of  his elementary school days
"Rat Finks!"... I remember when he used to get paid 25 cents
to draw these on his friends t- shirts back in the day!


The stage at Mariah
s school for her Christmas concert held last Tuesday.
I LOVED it... it was called
HOLIDAY ZOOBILEE! 


Here is Mariah in her adorable Monkey headpiece
at the concert... amongst the other animals featured in the concert.
The concert and headpieces were all so cute! 


A close up of Mariah's head piece from the concert! 


My friend, Ella and her grand daughter, Calla with her mommy, Suzanne
all in attendance at the School Christmas concert. Ella's grandson
was in the grade 2 class, so we went to the concert together. 


Mariah said her reindeer was the one with the orange mouth.
(I think the one on the bottom left is that one!)
These were created in Mariah's class... so sweet!
I LOVE little kid's art work! 


Jana and Beau at Fuddrucker's breakfast yesterday.
Beau was eating his pancake all in one piece with his fingers! 


Beau playing with some little snowman ornaments here yesterday. 


Mariah picked out her two favorite little snowmen! 


More of my GIFT wrapping in addition to the ones
featured in my previous blog post! 

... and more gifts wrapped with love !
These are all done for my friend, Brenda...
She picked these up today and dropped off more to wrap,
I LOVE TO WRAP!!!

Something else our family LOVES at this time of year...
NUTS & BOLTS!
I got my 6th batch made already... and sent it as a gift for Colin
with his Christmas package on the bus on Friday!


Where do I begin?
First of all may I say my heart, prayers and thoughts go out to all the family, friends, and loved ones of those killed last Friday in the tragic shooting in NEWTOWN, CONNECTICUT, during the Sandy Hook Elementary  tragedy.I can't even imagine how difficult this must be on them... and how it has really impacted people around the world.

With having my grand daughter, Mariah,
 a 6 year old in Grade one, the same age as all the children killed in that event... it really saddens me to think what these families will be going through.
I feel for them and send the
gift of LOVING VIBES!


I cannot believe a whole week has gone by since my last blog post...
funny how time flies at this
season of the year.

I have been busy doing things such as going to the gym, attending Mariah's school concert, wrapping gifts, making nuts and bolts, entertaining friends and family as they have popped by, babysitting, shopping, baking cookies and dining out here and there...
and possibly more as well!

I popped by my in-laws last week to deliver some Christmas LOVE. I took over a poinsetta plant and some sweet Christmas potpourrie and some mini lights to make them feel more festive. By doing that not only did it make them feel the cheer,
it added some cheer for me, too!

My cousin Gwen was by here, Thursday, and my Brother, Brian was over Saturday as well as my two sisters-in-law, Bev, and Brenda...and my niece Rowen, too! Today my friend Gailene, who I haven't seen for months popped by for a visit over a chai tea latte!


I was out for a little cosco shop this morning with my friend, Brenda, too.
We also went out for lunch today... I love when we can share time and friendship!


Jana had us for supper last week on Friday...and I babysat all day Saturday.
There is never a dull moment
when the kids are here.


Yesterday Jana and kids joined us for breakfast at Fuddruckers. Her trip turned into an adventure when she left the car key at home after starting her car and leaving her house!...
Long story short...
breakfast took longer and was much more eventful than planned!


I have wrapped and wrapped gifts...
and still have more to do... but I love every minute of it. In fact for me the gift wrapping is my favorite part of the gift itself... I put a lot of LOVE into each GIFT experience!!!


I have watched lots of TV shows I follow, too... including the singing realities... "The Voice" and "X Factor"... which will both crown their winners this week. I have enjoyed the Ellen show and Marilyn Dennis, too... with all their Christmas give aways and festivities!


Jana and Nels will soon be off to Edmonton for their celebration with the other Grandparents this year. We hope to get together with them here before they leave to do our early Christmas with them.


I have been enjoying all the cards, letters, and photos I have received in the mail... it is another thing I LOVE at this time of year!


I had written a few poems a while ago
to appear in the "Lanigan Advisor" Christmas edition of their newspaper, as my friend is the editor of that. So here is another one of those poems  right now!


Remember the importance of shared LOVE not only at this time of year... but year round... continue to share the love with those you love near and far, and extend love to those less fortunate as well.

"ALL ABOUT LOVE"

Christmas is special and meaningful, too.
There are so many things
that a person can do.
Whatever one does... it is lovely to share,
The feeling of love to show that you care.
It matters not much about gifts or the bags,
Nor about matching ribbons, paper or tags!
It's more about loving right from the start...
It's truly what comes from inside the heart.
It is nice to see things look
all merry and bright,
But in the end when it's bedtime at night...
Things done with love are simply the best.
Sharing that love makes us all feel blessed.
Even the angels spread their wings up above,
And are blowing us kisses
and sending their love,
Through every snowflake
that flies through the air,
Is a sweet loving memory
that they are still there.

4 comments:

  1. I love your outlook on life! Great poem! Merry Christmas my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Great blog Diane! Loved the 'quote', photos, and your poem...and everything in between. You sure are one busy lady for sure. Now I see why you have a sore shoulder...that's a lot of wrapping to do!! Hope you get lots of rest SOON. Loved my little photos by the way, Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness...and thank you for sharing your wonderful Christmasy blog too (:

      Delete
    2. Hi Arlene... Thanks for stopping by to read my blog... so I am assuming my little package arrived at your house safe and sound!
      Thanks for your sweet comments and friendship always!
      :)

      Delete