Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's "TREE"-CEMBER!

"How did it get so late so soon? It's night before it's afternoon. December is here before it's June. My goodness how time has flewn. How does it get so late so soon?"
-Dr. Seuss

"Christmas trees, mistletoe and holiday cheer,
it is a busy time of year. 
A time to reflect, a time to think
of those we hold so dear.
A time to send messages upon "Thoughtful" little angel wings,
Messages to wish you wonderful things,
and all the joy the season brings."
-J. Winkle

"Trees are poems that the 
earth writes upon the sky."
-Kahlil Gibran


Brian and Me in front of our "TREE"
on Saturday on our way to the annual Wheaton Christmas party.
Our family TREE hangs on the wall behind us as well!

Mariah on Friday holding her little penguin in front
of their Christmas TREE... they have a TREE-mendous
 amount of boa feathers on their TREE!

Beau by their TREE...
I think this photo was in the Teddy Bear Picnic post as well!

On Sunday I changed the sign on the studio bulletin board upstairs from
"SNOW" VEMBER... to "TREE"-CEMBER!

Also I wrote out 92 names and posted them for the
TREE- MENDOUS and TREE- RIFFIC
ADAPT JAZZ EXAM Theme
this year... Monday was on Pink Background,
Tuesday on Green and Wednesday's exams on the Blue!


My niece, Rowen, took her first ever Jazz exam yesterday.
I was "TREE-LIGHTED" to know she was getting
the iconic examiners and founders of the syllabus
"The FOLEYS"
 to examine her, too! 

The Monday board had the most kids on it
so that TREE was TREE-normous and extended
beyond the actual board background!!!
TREE-HE HE!

I "TREE"-CIDED to make a little "TREE"-T
in honor of this year's exam Theme...and made these
TREE cookies!

Another TREE!... This one at GOODLIFE GYM...
I made it there for my first time  in over a week, this morning.

Out for lunch today at Moxies with Mr. and Mrs. FOLEY
and my dancing buddy and owner of BSOBAD, Brenda.
This was exam day two on the lunch break...
and we did have more than those
"TREE-T" Potato Fries on the table!!!

A very special little parcel I "TREE"-CIEVED in the mail today!!!
A couple of beautiful bone china mugs in a heart box and a sweet
little holiday pin of an angel by a TREE!
These were from my friend, Arlene in Penticton,
sent for special Anniversary/ Christmas gifts...
so very TREE-LIGHTFUL of her!!!

The TREE-ANGEL pin up close,
 I wrote out the verse above in the quotes of the day.
We connected in the first place by our Angel moms.
I also enjoyed a lovely phone call today with my Friend Arlene
to thank her for her thoughtful gifts she sent me.
She is so sweet...and who doesn't love getting
"TREE-TS" in the mail?!!!

The TREE-RIFFIC TREES in our
winter wonderland backyard today...
note the TREE- mendous amount of SNOW!!!

Shuffle sitting in front of the TREE
Her Santa hat is slipping!!!!
She was caught eating a pom pom from our
TREE skirt today... oh oh!

I know this photo was in a previous blog... but it suited the
TREE-LIGHTFUL, TREE-MENDOUS,
TREE-RIFFIC ... TREE-CEMBER THEME...
so I TREE-CIDED it was a very good TREE-SON to use it again!
TREE- HEE- HEE!!!


It is TREE-LLY hard to believe it is
TREE-CEMBER once again....
Where does the time go????

Most people put up their Christmas TREES
in this month ...although I did get a jump start on mine... that was written up in my blog post entitled "TREE-LIGHTFUL" written on November 22nd, the day I put mine up.

I have mentioned many times how I am the bulletin board queen at the studio... maybe I earned that job by being so OVER THE TOP
(OTT) with themes. This month's theme is TREE-CEMBER!

This week at the studio the jazz students are taking their annual ADAPT SYLLABUS JAZZ EXAMS with the legendary Mr. and Mrs. Foley. They are the founders of the syllabus and do not come every year any more to examine but are here this year. I was the first SASKATOON dance Teacher to put kids through their Syllabus back in the 80's. Now many dance studios do that syllabus all across the country.

I first met the Foley's myself in my high school years at a dance workshop in Regina. So our memories go way back!
I Have been examined , adjudicated, taught by as well as had Mr. Foley choreograph for me as well as perform in my year end show back in the 90's too.
He always did our dance exams at my studio in December over my many years of my studio operation. He and his Wife always stayed at our house back then always for not only my sessions, but  he also stayed with us for other studios' exam sessions, too. Needless to say we have many fun and fond not to mention TREE-mendous memories for over the years.
We were having a chuckle at lunch today how they even helped us pick our TREE out for Christmas one year...and helped us put it up and decorate it on many occassions, too.
Mrs. Foley even took me shopping to add to my decorations collection... I think they might be one of the TREE-LIGHTFUL inspirations I got for decorating in the first place... so it isn't co-incidence that I chose to TREE-DO the
"TREE EXAM THEME" once again!!!
TREE HEE HEE!
If it were not for Mr. Foley... I would have never met my hubby, Brian! It was due to a FOLEY DANCE WORKSHOP I attended in Edmonton that my dancing friend set me up on a blind date with Brian back in 1973...and need I say... well the rest is  HIS-TREE!!!

I do love a THEME always and the TREE one has been a very fun one for me I must say...
one of most TREE-RIFFIC of the
many I have done!

My good friend, Linda, publisher of the LANIGAN ADVISOR NEWSPAPER, has asked me the past few years to write some poems for her Christmas edition of her news paper.
I am always honored to be asked to do that.
I sat down to create a few yesterday and
one revolves around my "TREE" theme...
so on that note... here is my latest piece of
POET-"TREE!"


'Tis the month when people decorate TREES...
With sparkles and twinkles and
lights to please!
Where the snow on TREES outside
look like coats,
When people share "TREE"-MAILS
and cards with notes.
People are baking their favorite sweets...
Every kind of cookie and cake and
some "TREE"-TS!
It is so "TREE"-MENDOUS
and also "TREE"-LIGHTFUL...
Not to mention  "TREE"-RIFFIC
and also brightful!
Fun to see TREES with every kind of trim,
And TREE covered cups filled up to the brim.
'Tis a time to enjoy each TREE
and celebrate,
And also to always just
A-"TREE"-CIATE!!!!
Every little memory and each
sweet "TREE"-VENT,
Cherish "TREE"-CEMBER
for what it is meant!
Just "TREE"-ALIZE in each week
and each day...
To be so "TREE"-LIGHTED
in every way!




4 comments:

  1. Treemendous!!! You are such a treeriffic supporter of everyone and everything that is happening at the studio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BREN... I TREE-light in being involved! :)

      Delete
  2. I must say, this blog was definitely 'treelightful' to read!
    I'm 'treelighted' to know you liked your little gifts too. Loved your 'tree quotes' photos and lovely little poem at the end. You make blog reading quite 'treewarding' with all the energy you share within. Thank you for always putting out such great material for your readers to enjoy! Best wishes for a tremendousness Christmas holiday..( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arlene... I "TREE" to do my best each time... some blogs Are more fun... this one I got kind of carried away with my TREE theme... but it TREELLY was a fun one for me to write... Thanks again for popping by to read and comment...and thanks again for the HEART FELT gifts! too... xo :)

      Delete