Monday, December 10, 2012

'TiS the SEASON!

"Christmas is not a time nor a season but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit."
-Calvin Coolidge

"Gifts of time and love are surely basic ingredients of a truly Merry Christmas."
-Peg Bracken

My quote on today's Angel quote calendar says this...
"Remember this December that love 
weighs more than gold."
-Josephine D. D. Bacon


Tis the Season for LOVE!
I LOVE this photo I took of Mariah hugging Beau yesterday
at the Wheaton kid's Christmas party.


This is the kids watching for SANTA COMING! 


Mariah with Santa 

Mariah making sure Beau would be alright with
Santa... she is such a caring and loving big sister to him!
(last year Beau was terrified of Santa!)


This year Beau seems much calmer on Santa's knee! 


My beautiful girlies...
 Jana and Mariah at the Christmas party lunch yesterday. 


Brian, Beau and Jana enjoying a delicious lunch
at the Wheaton Kiddie's annual party. 


Making cookies Saturday night here with the kids.
We all needed aprons on... or costumes as Beau calls them, but h says...
COSHUMES! 

We had the kiddies for a sleepover on Saturday...
here they are
after their baths... nice and squeaky clean!

My basement is a big "KRIS-MESS!"
I have been TAPPING into WRAPPING... this past week,
so it is like a huge WRAPSTRAVEGANZA down there right now!

Just a peek at some of my wrapping so far...
not all this is for our family or house!


Shuffle has spent a lot of time in her kennel lately
with all the activity around here... but she seems comfy
here in her little Santa ruffle on her fussy blankie! 

Candy Cane LOVE!
These cute crafts were made yesterday
at the kids' Christmas party...
Mariah did one,and I did one for Beau, too!

With all the hectic pace lately...
nice to enjoy a STARBUCKS by my tree in the family room.




Well 'Tis the Season once again... for so many things on the go... thus the reason for another long lapse between blog posts!

Since last Tuesday's post, I have done lots of shopping, wrapping, gym going, babysitting, coffeeing, baking... etc,etc!
Let's just say there is never a dull moment here, that is for sure. As much as I love to do up a blog post in a theme... I have hardly had a minute to do one in the past week.

Busy is good, though. I love to wrap gifts...
in fact it is one of my most favorite parts
of this season. I seem to have acquired a lot of gift wrap, tags, ribbons, bags, and tissue, etc. over the years, too... so am always happy to help others wrap their shopping up as well
...and I do!

We have had the grandkids here a couple times this week as well...and had another sleepover on Saturday, too. I have to admit sleepovers are not my best one... I seem to need more sleep than I get when sleeping with my sweet little angels... but it is all worth it in the end!

I think I crammed more things into Saturday than I do in a full week sometimes...
my feet hit the ground running and didn't stop till we delivered the kids back to their mommy again yesterday!

I started off my day with the 8:30 Body Vive class followed by a brief coffee outing to Tim Horton's with my gym buddy, Ella. When I cam home...
I began making batch #4 of Nuts& Bolts of this season... while continuing on with the wrapping in the basement. I worked on that all afternoon until my grandkiddies got dropped off here around 5 PM. The fort building in the living  room immediately began(which is also not my favorite... but they love to take the cushions off the couch and make a fort!)

Brian picked up Bugs & Cheese from boston Pizza for their suppers on his way home from work...and we quickly had that so we could get into some festive cookie making after supper.
Mariah and I wore our aprons...and Beau did not want to be left out... so I found a big long bib for him to wear. He thought we all had on costumes( which he referred to as Coshumes!)
He wasn't a big help though... he wanted to just play with the cookie cutters and had them all lined up on the bread board when we were trying to make the cookies!

After a long session of making those we started to ice them too... but the novelty of the cookie making wore off shortly after icing...
and the eating of the cookies
happened faster than the icing!

Being all sticky and in a huge mess... bath time followed... then Mariah wanted to watch the movie ELF!. I was about ready for bed... but we started in on the movie. she ended up watching the end of it on Brian's ipad in bed.
Beau wanted to sleep in with Mariah and me, too... So Brian went to bed and right to sleep in the spare room, while I was up late with the the two munchkins... who continued to claim they were not tired!
(maybe from all the sugar consumed while baking cookies!)

Yesterday we were all up early again...
and had lots of anticipation leading up to the
Annual Wheaton Kiddie's Christmas party.
That was a huge success...and the crafts, food and gifts were all well received. We are always so grateful for all Brian's boss does not just at Christmas time... but year round...he is a very kind and generous man.

Jana dropped by the party briefly but couldn't stay till the end. We did drop the kids off at her store on our way home. Mariah still had a birthday party to go to as well... so a very busy day for her. She loved her gift from the party and crafted bracelets when she got home from all her partying! Beau had a major nap in the afternoon... apparently...
(so I wasn't the only tired one!)

Last night we got a very nice heartfelt phone call from Colin. It is always so good to hear his voice and know by the sound of it just how happy he is.

Today Brian took the day off...and we met Jana for a breakfast at the newly opened restaurant in the city called "CORA". It was a tasty breakfast... but a very long wait... so I suggest if any of you plan to go there...
to allow a lot of time!

My niece, ROWEN' is a teenager today!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her...
she is spending it in Disney World
with her family, lucky girl!

So much to do...and so little time...
so on that note...


"Tis the season...
to connect every dot,
Because it's beginning to look like a lot!
To share the love and spread the joy,
To wrap up gifts ...
each thought and toy!
Santa's coming really soon,
And Jingle Bells is his sweet tune!
Cookies to ice and add some sprinkles,
Little one's eyes have extra twinkles.
So much to do, and so little time,
Not many minutes to write much rhyme.
Thoughts of loved ones near and far,
Lots of snowflakes and each star...
Lets me know there's extra love...
Scattering from up above.
It's so busy...'tis the season...
That time of year with so much reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment