Sunday, December 30, 2012

MORE... MeRRiMeNt & MiNGLeS!

"Christmas is more than a time of music, merriment and mirth; It is a season of meditation, mangers and miracles. Christmas is more than a  time of carols, cards and candy; 
it is a season of dedication and decision."
-William Arthur Ward

"All the art of living lies in fine mingling 
of letting go and holding on."

-Henry Ellis

"The more the merrier!"

My dining room table today with still MORE gifts and food on it!
(My poinsetta plant did have MORE petals on it a week ago or so!!!)

Our dear friends BOB & JACQUIE
coming to share in the MERRIMENT and MINGLES
at our annual boxing day open house.
Tomorrow we will attend their traditional
New Year's Eve party.

My cousin Bev with my brother Brian... at our MERRY event Dec. 26th.
I have many MORE memories over the years of fun spent with these two.
My cousin BEV will host her annual  New Year's Day party on January 1st...
and there will be MORE MERRIMENT and MINGLES! 

My cousin Gwen and my brother... also getting caught up in the moment
of MERRIMENT at our boxing day open house!


Our friend, VERN...
joined us for some MERRY MINGLING
on both Christmas day and Boxing day! 

Former dance student, KIM and her mom , GAIL
joined us to share some MERRY MOMENTS on boxing day, too!

My sister-in-law, BEV with my father-in-law, GREG
arriving at our boxing day event for MORE MERRIMENT!
I also enjoyed a starbucks with Bev yesterday...
the more of those, the merrier!

A moment of merriment and mingles on boxing day in our family room.

A bit out of focus... but MERRIMENT none the less...
here is my brother BOB and my grandson BEAU,
in the background... my boss and good friend,
Brenda and her husband Vern on the couch mingling.


Another moment of merriment captured was my sister-in-law,
ARLEEN here with my grand daughter, MARIAH
working on a little book of stickers and crafts she gave to her for Christmas.
 

Vern, his dad, Don and my boss and good friend, Brenda
arriving at our boxing day event to share in more mingles!

Christmas day turkey supper... here are the two BRIANS!
... my brother and my hubby.
Notice the merry hats... the ones from the
traditional Christmas crackers.


My sweet friend, Ella at her place after the gym the other day.
Her tree is so MERRY and ELEGANT.
I enjoy the time I spend MINGLING with her always. 


The little TAP DANCE ornament was a gift
 I received from my good friend, ELLA!
I found MORE room among the MERRY ornaments on my tree to show it off...
the MORE the MERRiER!


Vern and Brenda at the annual BSOBAD annual staff party
at their very MERRY and FESTIVE home... where every thing
"BSO"MERRY & BRIGHT! 

My hairdresser, MARLA's adorable and
oh so MERRY little tree in her home.

One can never have too many HUGS & KISSES...
as the saying goes...

"THE MORE THE MERRIER!"


Well Christmas has come and gone for yet another year and as we look toward
MORE fun to come in the brand new year,
this is a chance for me to reflect on all the MERRIMENT and MINGLES I have shared over the past few weeks!


Our festive season was as MERRY as ever and we were blessed to share it once again with so many of the special and dear ones in our life.


Tis the season of MORE for sure...
MORE people, fun, food,expectations,celebrations,gifts, decor,music,hectic paces,
parties,love...and now for more PEACE!



We hosted our annual boxing day open house on the 26th. I got to thinking how we were married in November of 1976 and that very first married Christmas we decided to have friends and family over on boxing day and have only missed one year since then... and other wise we have shared MORE MERRIMENT and MINGLES here each year.
It has become an event of not only tradition for us, but of love, joy and friendly visits shared. We do enjoy it year after year.



We still have MORE parties to attend, too, before the season is done.
I did attend the annual staff parties for both Brian's staff and the staff at the dance studio where I work... and in addition to that we will also go to a NEW YEAR'S EVE party at our friend's Bob and Jacquie's on the 31st , and
a NEW YEAR'S DAY open house at my cousin Bev and her husband, Bob's place, too.
So MORE MERRIMENT
and MINGLING to come!!!



As I am writing this I am realizing how many duplicate names we have in
our friends and family...
& how it goes with the theme...
"THE MORE THE MERRIER!!!"


LOTS of names beginning with "B" as well!!!
 There are the 2 BRIANS...
(my hubby and my brother)
There are 3 BOBS...
(My brother, my cousin's hubby,
and our good friend!)
There are 2 BEVS...
(My sister-in-law and my cousin!)
There are 2 BRENDAS...
( my sister-in-law and my friend/boss!)
Also in the B names...
Mother -n-law, Blanche and grandson, BEAU!
Also duplicates...
2 VERNS... (both friends!)


So some times the MERRIMENT
really does seem like more!!!



I know my grandkids have been enjoying their Christmas gifts these past few days and also coming down from all the MERRIMENT and MINGLING they did while in Edmonton last week for Christmas...
so we have not seen them as much...
but I hope to see them
MORE in the next little bit.



As we head toward a new year...
I want to take time to wish all my blog readers a year of MORE MERRIMENT, MINLGES
and all things you love in your life,
and to say a big THANK YOU for popping by to read MORE blog posts!!!


For those birthdays I have missed along the way... BELATED greetings to you.
Tomorrow my sweet Auntie Phyllis from Victoria will celebrate another birthday.
My nephew LUKE will be 20 years old tomorrow as well.
I wish them
MANY MORE HAPPY BIRTHDAYS.



On that note... here is MORE rhyme...
hehehe
"The MORE the MERRIER!"


"Tis still the season for
MERRiMENT and MiNGLES...
For lots of sugared goodies
and also many jingles!
Doing things for others,
traditions and trends...
Time spent with family
and also with friends.
Everything at Christmas time...
seems like MORE & MORE!
From all the special gifts and food
to all of the decor.
Lots of festive parties
and MORE than enough food,
MORE emotions flowing high,
MORE sways of mood!
MORE thoughts of loved ones
from the skies above,
MORE of just so many things
all about sweet LOVE!
One says "The MORE the Merrier"...
& sometimes it's true...
But after all the MERRIMENT,
relaxing is good too!
So as we head toward the start
of a brand new year,
Remember how important it is
to keep your LOVED ONES near. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Diane. Happy New Year to you and Brian. I enjoyed reading about your festivities and celebrations. And of course your pictures and poem. All good and a positive reflection of your happy spirit and nature. Love the way you celebrate life and the positive effect you have in the lives of so many. Hugs from your prairie pal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ethel/ Arlene... I'm glad you enjoyed today's blog... Happy new year to you from me as well... lots of hugs and kisses coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More More More!!! Cheers to such fab friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for popping by Bren! Cheers to you, too!
    xo:)

    ReplyDelete