Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Make the MOST of the BEST!

"Make the most of the best and 
least of the worst."
-Robert Louis Stevenson

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything they make the most of everything that comes along their way."
-Author  Unknown

"The most satisfying thing in life is to have been able to give a large part of oneself to others."
-Pierre Teilhard De Chardin

Here is a cute photo from yesterday that makes
the MOST and BEST of many things...
This photo of my dad has sat in the same place
in the same picture box frame for 13 years.
Beau had a full mouth of hugs and kisses chocolates
so he was wearing a little chocolate smile here.
The little Santa playing the piano ornament
was one I gave my dad for one of his final Christmases,
because my dad played the piano...
 and the snowman represents
the snowflake kisses I get from Heaven... always! 

Here is Mariah yesterday enjoying watching a movie on her poppa's ipad.
She was a bit under the weather, but enjoyed some mellow
relaxing time over here making the MOST of the BEST
with us for a few hours.

Making the MOST of some of the BEST things in 2012...
so many highlights in my year... hard to pin point them all...
here are but a few of them!

Dear friends Jacquie and Bob
once again hosted a lovely new year's Eve party.
Their home is one of the BEST decorated I have seen,
and they had the MOST delightful food and were so gracious about hosting.

One of the many decorated tables at the New Year's Eve Party.

Me and my hubby at our table  holding the
NUTCRACKER... Christmas Cracker!
At the New Year's Eve Party.

My SMILING cousin Bev at her New Year's Day
annual open house yesterday.
She is also a very gracious hostess along with her husband Bob.

Some of the BEST guys in my life...
my two brothers, Brian and Bob...along with my only living uncle...
UNCLE CHARLIE ...all at Bev's New Year's Day party.

Another picture of my brother Bob with my auntie Mary and Uncle Charlie,
making the MOST of some of the BEST visits!

Here is a little self portrait of me modeling
my "HAPPY NEW YEAR" crown from the New Year's Eve party .


Here is my cute doggie, Shuffle also feeling like the
"QUEEN of TWENTY THIRTEEN!"



HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my blog readers!
This is my very first blog post of 2013...

I wanted to say I had many highlights in the year 2012... really too many to mention... but if anyone cares to review any old blog posts they will see I had a year filled with the most and the best of so many things!

I rang in the new year in the best of style at a lovely party hosted by dear friends of our... JACQUIE and BOB.
They really know how to make the most of the best of everything they do... and we always feel honored to be included in the fun.

New Year's Day was my cousin Bev's annual open house event. I look forward to the mingling and visits at that too with many of my closest relatives. Bev does the BEST job of making every one feel so warm and welcome.

Yesterday after a few days lapse from seeing my grandkids, I enjoyed a nice little visit with them here for a few hours. I made the MOST of the BEST moments I could spend with them...
I always enjoy moments spent with my sweet grandkids.

I decided to change up my New Year's resolution this year a bit! I usually do the same one of trying to lose weight and eat healthier... and I am always trying to follow that path... so instead this year... I have decided to make my resolution to MAKE the MOST of the BEST!

I want to try to pay a compliment to someone everyday... because not only does it make them feel good... it makes my heart feel warm by giving it!... So it is good all round.

Last year I remember trying to make my resolution one of LESS is MORE... not sure I followed through on that so well...
however that being said... I did do less blog posts in 2012 than I did in 2011!

The blog is still something that helps me make the most of the best things in my life...and by recording those and sharing them... it is like my own little version of a GRATEFUL JOURNAL!

This date has many memories for me. On this date in the year 2000, my dad died suddenly.
Every year on this anniversary, I am reminded how I have been able to take all the wonderful things I learned from my dad and apply them to my daily life. He really had the philosophy of making the MOST of the BEST at all times.
I can honestly say that in my world there was not a kinder human than he was.
He was truly the BEST!
Although I miss him very much...
he does dance on in my heart every day, and today I will blow many kisses toward the heavens above as I remember him.

I continue to try to capture many memories as the days go by...and will continue to try to post some of the best ones here for you to see.

Just this morning I shared in another fun coffee and visit with my very good friend, Ella.
I am so grateful that I met her...we have had many fun bonds between going to the gym and our coffee visits following... we always make the most of the best...
exercise then coffee & fun!!!

On that note...
here is a poem today about
the best of the most of 2012
and wishes for a very bright 2013!


2012 was a year filled with a lot...
With many an event
and also of thought.
From birthdays... to celebrations
of every kind,
Lots of cherished memories come to mind.
Milestones and weddings
and teeth coming out,
Dancing and school...
laughing and doubt!
Family times spent,
fun times with friends...
Making the most of perfect blends.
Going to the gym to try to get slim,
Wrapping up gifts and
hanging up trim!
Tapping into charities,
helping out others,
Enjoying the times that I see my brothers!
So many outings revolving
around food...
So many things and each kind of mood!
Seeing icons and idols
on my bucket list...
Enjoying everytime I was hugged
and was kissed!
Remembering all those
who passed away,
Looking to the heavens
for signs everyday.
Many a photo was captured
 and snapped...
Many a time I just got up and tapped!
Dancing to make each day
seem more great...
To tap into all things
worth a big celebrate!
Moving forward toward things
happy and bright...
It's the start of a NEW YEAR
as it takes flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment