Saturday, January 19, 2013

More LiFE Celebrations!

"If you think positively, 
Sound becomes Music, 
Movement becomes Dance, 
Smile becomes Laughter,
Mind becomes Meditation,
And Life becomes a Celebration."
-Rishika Jain

"Count your life by smiles, not tears. 
Count your age by friends not years."
-John Lennon

"Life goes by in the blink of an eye. 
Appreciate the moments."
-Author Unknown


Here is the simple card I crafted for my son, Colin.
He said it arrived yesterday right on his birthday too!
I was celebrating along with him in my mind yesterday
remembering what a CELEBRATION of LIFE it was for me
34 years ago when I became a mom!


Another picture of the card he sent for my birthday
this one is so perfectly crafted for me by his girlfriend's mom.
I am still celebrating that he sent me a card! 

Here is a nice picture of Colin and his girlfriend, Caro
taken last summer when we went to visit them in Montreal.
We were out eating on a deck of a restaurant here...
just celebrating some of life's special little moments!

Here is Mariah at her house on Sunday adding name tags to the table,
when we had supper there.
She is a little girl after my heart and loves to turn an ordinary day
 into a Celebration! Balloons were still hanging in the back ground
from her decorating job for her mom's birthday!

Here is Beau strapped into his little booster seat waiting for supper!
He has quite a little orange mustache... from his little drink of juice.
This little face just makes my heart happy... and is a reminder of
how being a GRANDMA is another LIFE CELEBRATION!

Brian and Shuffle enjoying some of Life's finer moments
as they relax on the couch together...
on the wall behind them are lots of the family photos
that have been celebrations in our life along the way!

Here I am out with friends Ella and Heather sharing friendship
over a delicious lunch they treated me to last Wednesday
 in honor of my birthday the week previous.
I definitely felt CELEBRATED for my birthday this year...
many times over!
Friendship ... is another LIFE CELEBRATION.

One of the very cute gifts from Ella and Heather...
note the polka dot paper...and a dangler even!
They really know what I like!!!!!

One of the lovely gifts I received from them was
this great book of beautiful quotes and poetry...
Also things I love to CELEBRATE LIFE with...
they sure know what I like!

I picked up Mariah from School on Wednesday... she had a tummy ache,
but here is her mommy trying to cheer her up with a little bowl of macaroni.
Another moment in the time of LIFE CELEBRATIONS...
Motherhood!

Beau chowing down his macaroni... note the little trail of toys
on the floor behind him... always a trail of stuff where ever he goes!
When he left on Wednesday... his final words were...
"THANKS A SUPPA!"...
a two year old with the start of good manners...
another Life Celebration!

Here is my father-in-law, Greg with my cousin, Gwen
sharing a fun little visit and many memories revolving around
celebrations of life... this past Thursday.

I whipped up these little snowman cookies
(with the help of the Pilsboury dough boy)...
to take over to my in-laws.
Cookies always add a celebration element
to an ordinary day!

The poster in GOOD LIFE GYM stating the description of each class
 and how many calories get burned per class.
This gym has helped me have a GOODLIFE Celebration,
whenever I attend a class there.



Yesterday I was once again CELEBRATING
the joys of MOTHERHOOD in my LIFE, as I recalled that date 34 years ago when I gave birth to my first child, COLIN. My LIFE changed forever more for the better!!!


Those years have gone by so very fast, and along the way I have had many opportunities to CELEBRATE LIFE. Even though Colin lives in Montreal now and has since he was 19 years old, we still connect with him from time to time on the phone and by email. We will look forward to another trip to see him and his sweet girlfriend, Caro again this summer in Montreal.
We spoke to him last night just as he returned home from dining out for his birthday and he and Caro were just going to open a bottle of wine and have a few card games in CELEBRATION. I always enjoy connecting with Colin even though those times are
often spread apart. Each call becomes a
little celebration for me!...
Once a mom... always a mom!...
MOTHERHOOD has been one of my biggest Celebrations in my journey of life so far.


As seen in the photos above... my birthday celebrations have been ongoing since the 10th of January and even before then actually!


January is truly a big CELEBRATION month with both my kids as well as me having birthdays in it. With it being the first month of each new year it is always reason to CELEBRATE as well! It is always more than enough reason to get each new year off to a great start.


My cousin Gwen had never been to my in-laws house ever... so we had a wonderful CELEBRATION visit over at their place on Thursday. I know it helped break up some of the cabin fever for them as they have not been out much yet this year. They are always so appreciative of little visits
when ever anyone stops by.



I am always grateful for the convenience of the gym and the amount of classes available for me to take to help keep me on track and healthy in my day to day life. Not only do I enjoy the classes there and the instructors, who are all so fabulous at what they do to motivate...
I was so lucky to meet  lots of new friends there.
One of the friends I met a couple years ago was ELLA. We now connect whenever we go to the gym and go for a coffee afterward at my house or hers. We have developed such a GOODLIFE
friendship and all because we met at the gym!
We were at Body Vive today and back to her place for a great coffee/visit!


I like to share my LIFE story here in my blog. I have been writing my blog for just over 2 years now... it is a way I can write about all the little LIFE CELEBRATIONS along with my day to life stories as they unfold. I often look back at past blog posts and re read them again. I know I will be glad I documented my life because it will be a way of remembering the
little things that have made life worth celebrating along the way!


This past week I enjoyed the start to
season 12 of the AMERICAN IDOL on TV...
I am looking forward to following that
show as it progresses too.


I know the older I get in life... the more I appreciate the little things that are the big ones in the end... which make every day like a celebration of LIFE!


Another way I like to CELEBRATE LIFE
is by writing poems...
so here is my rhyme for today.



January can really truly be...
Such a celebration month for me.
Between all the birthdays and outings, too,
Celebrations just continue through.
The older I get, the more I note...
How LIFE'S like one big
CELEBRATION quote!
So much to be thankful for...
Dear family, friends and so much more.
A gym to keep my 'GOODLIFE' on track,
Hobbies to 'TAP' into, when I get slack!
Food to feed me and lots to drink,
Roof over my head... things to make me think.
I love that I became a MOM...
Since then... a lot more I have become.
LIFE has so much more in it too...
It's worth CELEBRATING
through and through!

No comments:

Post a Comment