Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pampered "PARTY GiRLS!"

"Celebrate we will, because life is short 
but sweet for certain."
-Dave Matthews

"Too much of a good thing is wonderful."
-Mae West

"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest."
Larry Lorenzoni 

The very fast crafted card I made for Jana's birthday
with photos of our PAMPERED PARTY WEEK on it!

My PARTY started on Thursday morning with
a fun mother/daughter bond
having pedicures and manicures ...
(Brian's TREAT to us!)

Followed by a nice GIRLIE lunch at
EARL'S...
(Jana's treat to me!)

Showing off our bright red nails!

My beautiful colorful roses and cute card from Jana.

A special little stop at PURE for frozen yogurt
by request  from my sweet Princess!
She wanted to decorate their house for
a little birthday celebration for her mom, too... so
we had a bag full of decor goodies to do that.

A YUMMY supper on my day with my sweet hubby
at ST.TROPEZ BISTRO... one of our favorite restaurants.

Out to Lunch again!!!
This was the day after my birthday with friends, Brenda and Kellie
here at Moxies... where I had more flowers, gifts, food and fun!
I loved that Brenda's gift was a THEMED one, too!!!

A stop off at Starbucks Friday on my way to meeting Gwen
at HAPPY HOUR at our jazz venue in the city called
"THE BASSMENT"
where we did more celebrating over some fine JAZZ
... & lattes followed by wine and nachos!!!!

It was perfect that this week's featured happy hour entertainer was
one of our local favorites, too...
MAURICE DROUIN.
He even played mom and dad's favorite song...
"SATIN DOLL"
 so I felt they were all a part of my
EXTENDED BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS!!!

Yesterday... one more celebration...
 here at East Side Mario's with my two sisters-in-law,
Brenda and Bev...
Note we are eating SALAD here!!! wink wink!!!

This morning at Fuddrucker's for breakfast with our friends
Jacquie and Bob... they brought me yet another gift!!!!
I loved the "BOW" on this one... it matched Jacquie's beautiful sweater!!!

Just a little peek at my gifts and cards from my
"PAMPERED PARTY WEEK"
Definitelty a week of "Seeking Happiness" for sure!

OHHHHHHH what a week of CELEBRATING!!!!
Here is another pic of my good buddy Linda when she was here briefly last
Monday when in town for a work related meeting!
... she gave me a STABUCKS card too!


What is it about the older we get...
the more special celebrating becomes?!

I felt like the STAR of the week this past week with the on going celebrating I did
beginning last sunday, January 6th...when we had a family supper and some birthday cake.


Monday, January 7th... My friend Linda popped by and we had a quick Birthday coffee.

Tuesday, January 8th...I met up with my neighbors, Heather and Cheryl at Starbucks for a little pre birthday visit over a delicious latte!

Wednesday, January 9th... did a little pre birthday shopping outing!

Thursday, JANUARY 10th...
My actual BIRTHDAY!!!!...
My day started with the cutest phone call from my grandkids to sing me Happy Birthday...
wish I could have recorded it... so cute!
That day was one event to the next as seen above... from manicures& pedicures, lunch, trip to pure and dollarama and decorating experience with Mariah followed by supper out with my hubby!


Mariah was so cute... she wanted to celebrate with me, so I got her after school and we had some frozen yogurt at PURE and then we quickly went to decorate her house for her mommy's birthday then next day.... hehehe
She is becoming quite the little
"PARTY PLANNER"!...
(a girl after her Grammie D's heart!!!)


I have to say THANK YOU to everyone who sent wishes via... FACEBOOK, EMAIL,
PHONE CALLS, MESSAGES and TEXTS!!!
I so appreciate each and every one... and believe me there were a lot of them, leading up to the day as well as on the day and after too!!!


It always makes my heart smile when my son, Colin remembers to call on all the special occasions...and this year was no exception,
he called me on my day once again!


Friday, January 11th,
JANA'S BIRTHDAY...
I did wish her a happy day and we did celebrate it together on Thursday, too. She apparently hosted a little party that day for her family and friends of theirs to share fun together.
(by Mariah's request!)
I heard it went over well, too!!!


 I continued to do extended celebrations
for my birthday on Friday, as well...
going for a lunch with friends, Brenda and Kellie and to the bassment for jazz happy hour with my cousin, Gwen.
Thanks to them for the fun times,
gifts, cards etc.


Yesterday the fun continued when I met my two sisters-in-law , Bev and Brenda for a yummy lunch out as well. We even had salad, too!!!
That's healthy... right???!!!


Anyone who thinks I am
"OUT TO LUNCH"
is perfectly right...
especially this past week!!!


Good thing I made it to the gym every day (except thursday)
for one class or another,
to try to help balance out
 all my food intake!!!


Today we met with our friends Bob and Jacquie as we do lots of Sundays...
and they, too had a gift for me...
so I truly was spoiled all week!


As a kid growing up JANUARY was always a month to CELEBRATE because not only did I have my birthday in that month... but lots of my best buds did as well... and because we are all CAPRICORNS... we called ourselves the "CBC"...which stood for
"CAPRICORN BIRTHDAY CLUB"
A couple of those friends have their birthdays coming up this week
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my good buddy,
JAY on the 15th
and MARG-BUD on the 19th!


Also this week in the BIRTHDAY WORLD...
My son Colin will be 34 on the 18th...
Hard to believe I have been a MOM that long!!!


So needless to say... It has been a week of PAMPERING and PARTIES...
later today my grand daughter
is coming for a visit...
so the fun will continue , I'm sure!!!


THANKS again to every one who
stops by to read my blog...
this post really was lots about me!!! hehehe

On that note... my poem of the day...


Here it is ... yet another rhyme...
This one all about the birthday girl...
and PARTY TIME!
I was sure pampered and celebrated all week,
This blog post is only but a small peek!
I was out to supper and also to lunch,
I got lots of gifts and cards,
... yep a bunch!
I ate quite a lot...
did lots of fine dining...
And also had some drinks,
and a wee bit of "WINING!"
Got my nails painted in a bright shade of red,
Had a daughter bond,
where fun things were said!
I went for coffee and also heard jazz,
My birthday was done up
with so much pizzazz!
I helped Mariah do a party plan,
She proved she could do it...
and oh yes she can.
I was wished greetings in so many ways,
On the phone and computer to last for days!
I heard from my dear ones
from near and far...
YEP... I pretty much felt like
a PARTY ROCK STAR!!!

4 comments:

  1. You are a Rock Star My friend...cheers to many more celebrations and birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda... and thanks for my birthday lunch and themed gift and great card with a poem written by you in it, too... all so greatly appreciated!! :)

      Delete
  2. if anyone deserves to be pampered it's you! From the looks of things you had a fantastic birthday. Loved the 'quotes' and photos. Your poem is wonderful...as usual!
    Thank you for sharing your good times,and 'happy belated birthday' xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arleena/Arlene!!! My sweet penpal sisterfriend! I was more than pampered all week...and loved every minute! It was a good birthday for sure! :) Thanks for popping by to read my blog, too!

      Delete