Sunday, March 17, 2013

IRISH LUCK...BIRTHDAYS... & FUN STUFF!

"Wherever you go and whatever you do,
May the Luck of the Irish be there with you."
-Merle Rose

"Birthdays are good for you. 
Statistics show that people who 
have the most live the longest."
-Larry Lorenzoni

"I never lose sight of the fact 
that just being is fun."
-Katherine Hepburn


We sure were LUCKY when we got our
little doggie SHUFFLE!
Here she is today in her
LEPRECHAUN HAT...
sharing the LUCK of the IRISH.

Here is my dining room table with some additions since
Mariah helped me put out the EASTER and IRISH decorations
last Sunday...
As well here today are the
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies I made today to go with my Green Tea,
along with on display are the 3 cards I crafted at a
"Close To My Heart" party this past Friday!

Here we are at the crafting party... doing FUN STUFF
and crafting cards here with my friend Gailene (on the right) above.
Teaching the class is Lannette and beside her is her mom, Doris.

Another pic of us holding up some of our crafted treasures!

Here is a look at the afternoon snack
we had to munch on while crafting...
Thanks to Doris for all her delicious baking and goodies!
(and she made a full meal later, too, in addition to hosting the party.)

I got a new iphone 5 yesterday...
check out the FUN case I got for it...
imagine that it has polka dots on it... FUN STUFF!

Last night this DANCING QUEEN celebrated in style
at a SURPRISE party held in her honor at her house.

These two signs were hanging in the hallway at Lori's house...
I love their sentiments, so I took a photo of them.

Today celebrating BIRTHDAYS
are my brother Brian and my buddy, Linda.
I sure feel the LUCK of the IRISH having these two in my life.
Both the above photos are from their Birthday celebrations last year!

I think the LUCK of the IRISH
ran out this winter when it comes to the weather!
Here is a picture looking out my back window this afternoon,
there is SNOW MUCH WHITE... and no GREEN anywhere!





Thanks for stopping by this fine
St. Patrick's Day
to read about my little fun filled weekend...
 beginning with a little crafty adventure I took
 with my good buddy, Gailene.
We drove to a little acreage out of town, where one of her friends was offering a card making craft course this weekend.
I met some new friends, learned some new scrapbooking techniques, had some fun, laughs and lots of yummy food, too!


My grandkids and their mommy and daddy took a little adventure to Regina this weekend to visit their cousins and have a little get away.
I did not see my sweet kiddoes this weekend, which was different for me, but they have now arrived home after the snowy trip home.
I was glad to hear they had FUN and made it home safe and sound, too!


Yesterday Brian had  the day off so we spent the afternoon out for lunch and shopping. His favorite thing to shop for is something computer or electronic, so he figured it was time I upgraded my iphone... the most fun thing about that for me is my new polka dot case!!! hehehe
While he got it all loaded up and ready to go, his sister, Bev popped by for a coffee and visit.


We were invited to a fun Surprise Birthday Party for one of our friends last night.
 Lori used to own the store called "JAMMEEZ", where I used to work for her. I do see her from time to time now at the gym, but felt quite honored to be included in her party fun!
She was definitely surprised, too.
It was nice to meet some new friends there in the comfort of their lovely home.
I enjoyed some of the wall hangings with nice quotes on them, as well.


Today we did our traditional Sunday morning breakfast at Fuddruckers with our good friends Bob and Jacquie, who have been away for about the past 6 weeks enjoying warmer weather else where! It's always fun to catch up with them again and hear about their adventures.


Today is St. Patrick's Day...
 it is when we should be feeling the
LUCK OF THE IRISH...
and enjoying all things
GREEN and SHAM-ROCKING ON!


It is my brother, Brian's birthday and my friend, Linda's as well...and believe me I always feel LUCKY to have both of them in my life.
I invited Brian for a Birthday supper today,
but he had another invite out with buddies today already. I am doing a possible
B-LATED Birthday Celebration for Linda
 next weekend during the annual
Lanigan Dance Competition,
which is where Linda lives.
Providing winter lets up somewhat between now and then, I hope to travel there for the weekend with her.


But until then I will say
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
today to both Linda and Brian!


I had a delicous supper just now that
my hubby, Brian, cooked for us which did include some "green' veggies
to go with the rice and fish he made.
In honor of ST. PAT'S I had "green tea" to drink, and might advance to a little
"Irish Cream" and coffee later!

I feel ever LUCKY in my day to life...
and not just on St. PATRICK'S DAY...
and even though it is more
white than green outside,
I am optimistic that spring
is around the corner!


On that thought here is
my rhyme of the day...


I had a weekend, with so much to do,
I met some new people, in fact quite a few.
From parties, to birthdays and
today's Irish Theme...
From the luck of the leprechauns
to going extreme.
I love to have good times by doing fun stuff,
But truly I'm over the snowy white fluff!
This year we've seen way more
white than green...
It's just SNOW much more,
than there's ever been!



No comments:

Post a Comment