Thursday, March 14, 2013

LuCkY!

"Luck is believing you're lucky."
-Tennessee Williams

"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
-John Irving

"At some point in your life, you get lucky enough to design the way in which things evolve."
-Daniel Day- Lewis


St. Patrick's Day is coming up...
That is when we feel the LUCK of the IRISH!!!
SHAM-ROCK ON!

Here are some photos Jana texted me today,
after I was LUCKY enough to share a
wonderful mother/daughter bond lunch with her!
(I just took a photo of this off my phone,
so it isn't as clear as it is on the phone!)

This week I was LUCKY enough to make a few trips
to STARBUCKS with 2 trips there on Tuesday!
I guess I could call that a LUCKY "TWOS-DAY!"

Here is a photo of me with my buddy Linda
last year celebrating her ST. PATRICK'S DAY
Birthday at STARBUCKS...
I consider myself LUCKY
to have her as my friend always!

Here I am with my two brothers last St. Patrick's Day
celebrating my brother Brian's 60th Birthday!
How did I get so LUCKY to have not one but two great brothers?

I always thank my LUCKY STARS that this little STAR
came into my life nearly 7 years ago!
My grand daughter, Mariah in the St. Patrick's section of Dollarama
modeling a green bowler hat a couple weekends ago.

I am forever grateful as well for this little cutie...
My grandson, Beau (with his little juice mustache)
makes me feel
always ever so LUCKY to be a GRAMMA!

I'm not only LUCKY for these wonderful guys in my life,
I'm LUCKY to have this photo as well!!!
My son Colin is not a huge fan of being in a photo,
so I was really thankful he allowed this one last summer
when Brian and I visited him in Montreal.
I am LUCKY, too, as we will be visiting him again this summer,
our flights are booked!


I have been thinking a lot lately on just how LUCKY I am on so many levels of life. I love the chapter I am in right now, too. I have reflected on the years gone by and how they have made the one I'm on now seem like one to feel LUCKY for!

Today I went for a "one on one" lunch with my BEAUTIFUL daughter, Jana, to BLISS. As we watched the snow coming down out the window, we shared a delicious lunch and some fun stories and great laughs. I was quickly reminded just how LUCKY I am
to have such a sweet daughter.
She is in such a busy chapter of her life now, but I was there when I was her age, too... and now it is just fun to reflect and compare!
She also shared some cute photos and little videos on her phone of her family
from just this week.
I am so LUCKY to have those
kids in my life too!


This week I made it to the gym a few times...
I'm LUCKY for GOODLIFE GYM...
and all it does to help me stay healthy.
This morning I was at ZUMBA!!!


I have gone out a few times with friends and family this week... and even made two trips to STARBUCKS this past Tuesday...
one with my neighbor, Heather and
another later with my cousin Gwen,
making it two times there for her
and me this week as well!



Yesterday I did some much needed
housework and laundry and decided to reward myself by making some chocolate chip cookies! I'm still a kid at heart and need
a reward for my jobs!!! hehehe


I shared a coffee break with my good friend, Ella yesterday...and tomorrow am meeting with my friend, Gailene to go to a craft session at one of her friends. It is fun to have things such as these to look forward to.
I feel so LUCKY to be able to do
things with good friends, too!


Next weekend... I may venture to LANIGAN to share a traditional weekend with my buddy, Linda during their annual dance festival weekend...and we can do a B-lated birthday celebration for her then as well...
and SHAM-ROCK ON!!!


Although the winter has been very long with more than enough snow this year...
it helps me to think of the snowflakes as kisses from heaven.  I miss my parents, but
I am LUCKY they live on in my spirit
and my heart always.


I am enjoying the American Idol and think there is some great talent on it this season...
so I hope they are all feeling LUCKY to have made it to the top ten in their
12th season of that show.


I guess the time of year also inspired today's THEME...as it is on St. Patrick's day that we tend to feel the LUCK of the IRISH with us
as we SHAM-ROCK ON!!!
This Sunday, March 17th... will be the birthday of  my brother Brian and my good friend, Linda, and I consider myself more than LUCKY to have both of them in my life always!


So on that birthday mention...
here is my rhyme of the day!

I've been thinking how lucky I am in life,
I'm grateful for my hubby,
and that I am his wife.
But there are so many other things,
that I'm grateful for,
I am just so lucky for family,
friends and more.
And how did we get so lucky
for this winter full of snow???
And what would we complain about,
if it were to go???
I count every snowflake as
lucky kisses from above,
This winter has been plenty full
with just SNOW much love!
Truly, I feel lucky and blessed
throughout my days,
Though I did not win the lottery,
I'm rich in other ways!
One can feel as fortunate
as they choose to feel,
So I choose to say that I'm LUCKY
... and this is my reveal!

4 comments:

  1. great blog Diane, wonderful 'quotes' and of course photos, always love seeing your family pics! Your poem is very well done (as usual :)
    I 'know' I'm pretty lucky to....the day we became friends, you're such a wonderful busy beautiful friend!
    Thank you for sharing (and being patient with me when I don't get here to read your blogs as often as I should ;)
    HaPpY St. PaDdY's DaY xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Thanks Arlene... your comments always mean alot to me...and Happy St. Pat's to you, too... SHAM- ROCK on!... I am LUCKY to have you in my circle of friends! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You amaze me with your zest for life! "Snow much love!" Clever, sweetie. Love reading about your positive outlook on life. You are inspiring, pleasure is all mine in calling you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You amaze me with your zest for life! "Snow much love!" Clever, sweetie. Love reading about your positive outlook on life. You are inspiring, pleasure is all mine in calling you friend!

    ReplyDelete