Friday, May 31, 2013

CARiNG & SHARiNG!

"Share your life, and find the finest joy one can know. Do not be stingy with your heart. Get out of yourself into the lives of others, and new life will flow into you - share and share alike."
-Joseph Fort Newton

"There's a gift of quiet blessing only friendship can impart, for a friend shares life with gentle hands, kind words and a caring heart."
-Author Unknown

"Love is warmth and love is caring. Love is kind and love is sharing. Love is given and love is taken. Real true love cannot be shaken."
-Author Unknown


We picked up the grandkids on Wednesday and
decided to take them over to visit their great grandparents.
It quickly turned into an impromptu pizza party
with extra relatives
and the next door neighbours...
a fun night of CARING & SHARING!

Mariah loves to climb the big tree in the backyard
at the Great Grandparent's house.
Beau and Mariah also love the swing and sharing time
with my niece Rowen whenever they get a chance.

Brian and I enjoy sharing time with our grandkids, and popped by
Tuesday night for a visit.
Mariah was having a bowl of rice and watching TV,
and Beau was outside playing when we arrived,
and they both ended up showing us their
skate boarding skills!

These are Mariah's professional dance photos this year,
she was anxious to SHARE those with us...
I snapped a pic of each one, and hope to scrap book
them all eventually!

Shuffle really cares for this warmer weather,
and has enjoyed sharing time with us
out in the sunshine on our back deck
this past week.

I'm sharing photos of some recent flowers...
The Gerbera Daisy in the owl stand on the lawn, from Costco.
The Daisies and Dahlias in polka dot pots on our patio table,
and the lovely lillies we received from my nephew and his wife.

Sharing some more family time at the Berry Barn
last night for supper.
Some people were not wanting to SHARE their food, though!!!
hehehe wink,wink!

I love the little attached store beside the Berry Barn
and here are some cute signs I thought I would
SHARE with their CARING messages!

It was a BERRY fun evening from start to finish... and here
are some of the BERRY YUMMY desserts we had.

I love this photo of the kids in the big tree
at the Raskobs on Wednesday...
cute message on Mariah's shirt, too!
All the grandkids and great grandkids and neighbours
have SHARED hours of enjoyment on this TREE
over the years... TREE-MENDOUS
memories for all to SHARE!

First of all... once again thanks for stopping by my blog to see what I am SHARING today!

I am always one who likes to SHARE what goes on around here with my blogs and photos. It is kind of like my own little journal of events. I tend to take many pictures and try to capture the moments in time as they unfold.

This week alone there were many moments of SHARING and CARING... and visits with family and friends...

Monday I was invited to my friend Ella's for a cool drink and visit with her and my 
neighbour, Heather. Wednesday Ella came here for an ice tea in the sunshine, too... we enjoy times we can share visits always! We also are gym buddies... but I haven't shared much time with her there lately... need to get back into that groove really soon!


Tuesday we popped by Jana's to visit the grandkids and treat them to a little dairy queen. They were very entertaining out on their skateboards in the back yard.
We all enjoy time we can share. I feel so lucky to have them living so close, so we can spend lots of family time together.



Wednesday night we picked up the grandkids from daycare and school, as their parents were both working late.
We popped by my in-laws so they could have a visit with all of us. They love it when we can pop by to show we care...and share some time.
It ended up turning into a fun impromptu pizza party, too!
The new next door neighbors who recently moved here from Australia, came over and shared some fun too.
They have two little girls...
Mia age 5 and Chloe age 3. The little girls hit it off really well with Mariah and Beau and instantly became friends...
nothing better than watching kids sharing time together in the outdoors playing!



Yesterday, my friend Lynne, from Regina, was to have come to share some girlfriend bonding time for a couple days... but it got post phoned to next week... so now I have a clean house out of that... as I cleaned in prep for company!!!



Instead yesterday after taking Shuffle for a long walk, which she loved... I popped by for a chai tea with my sister-in-law, Arleen. We do not visit that often,
but we enjoyed getting caught up on the latest.
She also shared her recent scrapbooking projects and her room she has set up for it, too... which I was inspired by...and hopefully soon will share some
time doing more of that as well.

It started out nice and warm yesterday so I suggested going to the Berry Barn for supper. We were joined by Jana, Nels and their kids. It had cooled off quite a bit by the time we went there. Beau was quite the entertainer...and some what noisy, too... so I'm guessing not everyone was appreciating him as much as were!!! He was really wanting
"Bugs & Cheese"... which is what he has when ever we go to Boston Pizza, but they did not have that on this menu...
so he was a little ticked off with that.
He ended up with fries and chicken fingers... but was in no mood to SHARE his fries!!! He was a funny little character...
It is a reminder of why taking 2 year olds to restaurants is not always the best idea!!! wink wink!!!
We still enjoyed the family time we shared, none the less!


Today I shared a lunch at a cute little cafe called
"CITY PERKS" with my girlfriend, Brenda.
She often is very busy with her dance studio, so now that her season just finished...
she had some time to SHARE!
We both discussed the idea of getting back into our scrapbooking again soon. It is something we both CARE for  so we are going to try to encourage and inspire each other to get going on that really soon.


It is hard to believe how fast May has gone by... soon we will be into June and lots of my favourite things to SHARE...
one being the Annual Jazz Festival...
such a fun and exciting time of year to SHARE
with friends and family.


On that thought... here is my poem today
(which is something I also enjoy SHARING!)

I just like to live my life and share...
And that is simply because I truly care!
Anyone interested along the way,
Can choose to read what I have to say...
Or just share by looking at the photos I post,
I take lots of the grandkids, and love to boast!
I figure the moments in time pass so fast,
So why not try to make them all last?
I know I'll be glad I did years from now.
The memories can live on for longer somehow!
My family and friends mean a lot to me,
So what I can share is important, you see.
I try to take photos and make lots of room,
Here on my blog for my stories to bloom.
Caring and sharing is what I like to do,
It's my journey, my story, my memories, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment