Saturday, May 4, 2013

Time for a CHANGE!

Today is MAY 4th... so this saying is so cute...
"MAY the FOURTH be with you!

I'm CHANGING it up a bit today by starting with my poem...

People say CHANGE is as good as a rest,
When we switch things up, it brings out our best.
A time for warmth and a brand new season,
Winter was long but maybe for a reason...
A reason of which ... no one is sure,
But now we're all ready for sunshine so pure!
Change is good... or so they say...
Let's all gear up for the month of MAY!


Here is BEAU changing things up yesterdaywith his flip flop on his head
as we shopped at Midtown plaza...
a fun little CHANGE of pace for both of us!






Some more photos from yesterday's outing with Beau,
and my cousin Gwen. We often go to Starbucks.... but chose a different
Starbucks location yesterday to CHANGE it up!
Beau was such a good little shopper,
I rewarded him with the BATMAN jammies and SPIDERMAN socks
he spotted on our shopping adventure!

Last night it was a nice CHANGE to get out with my GIRLS!
We enjoyed the "STARS ON ICE"  together.

Mariah ran into her little girlfriend, Tyler,
at intermission of the show last night...
they both looked so darling all dressed up!

Last week Brian and I changed things up
by getting away to Edmonton for a few days...
I love to do the WHYTE AVE experience, always
a fun CHANGE of pace!

Thursday my gym friend, ELLA, and I had a CHANGE of routine!
We went for Zumba at the gym but it ended up getting CHANGED to Combat that day.
We went to Ella's for coffee after ward, and Ella showed me some of her latest VV purchases... with a little fashion show,
 then we had a lunch and a shopping spree following that!

Mariah and Beau after I picked them up from
school and daycare on Tuesday.
Normally they like a popsicle, but they
CHANGED it up by having ice cream cones that day!

Here is a CHANGE I am always ready to welcome each year,
JAZZ FESTIVAL time! This program came out just yesterday
with the local news paper...and I am excited for more
JAZZIN' IT UP .. one of my favourite things every summer.

This photo of golfers was in yesterday's sports section
of the news paper. It is my brother Brian and some of his golf buddies...
I know he has been anxiously awaiting golf season this year,
a welcome CHANGE of weather has made it so he can once again golf!

I still cannot drive by this building without
remembering how the 20 years I spent
teaching dancing on the third floor there...
CHANGED my life forever!
So many fond memories were made there,
I was at a red light yesterday so just snapped a pic!

This famous shoe store on Whyte Ave, in Edmonton
was life CHANGING for my daughter, Jana!
Each year when we went to Edmonton to do our annual dance festivals,
it became tradition that she get a new pair (or more ) of shoes here...
This is where her shoe fetish began... and now she is
the proud owner of her SWANK SHOE LOUNGE store,
which opened in June 4 years ago.

Mariah at dance photos on Monday last week,
she is always trying to work on stretching
to improve and CHaNGE her flexibility!

Here is Mariah also at picture day with her Dance Teacher,
MISS CARA... who not only has CHANGED Mariah's little dance career
so far... but is also in for more CHANGE in her life soon when she
i
s expecting her second baby in August!



I think everyone is more than ready for a CHANGE of not only month... but of weather and season!
The welcome CHANGE of warmer weather is always a mood booster, for sure...and it is time for that, after the very long winter we just had this season.

I am ready... for spring and summer now...and Brian and I enjoyed a little get away to Edmonton last week to kick that off. We love a little trip there always.
On Thursday when I went to what I thought was going to be a Zumba class at the gym, they had CHANGED the schedule for this week. Because I missed last Thursday, I wasn't prewarned about the schedule CHANGE!
Although COMBAT taught by instructor, PEGGY, was a great workout... I'm not sure I'm ready to CHNGE to that just yet. I was and am still super stiff from using muscles that haven't been worked in a while! Today I tried to work some of that stiffness out at my normal Body Vive saturday morning class. Normally Saturdays are taught by instructor,
Theresa, but Trent has filled in for her for the last month or so... soon I look forward to Theresa's return and the new launch of Body Vive to CHANGE things up there again!
That being said... all teachers at GOODLIFE GYM are great
and are constantly steering us toward healthier
CHANGES in our day to day life!

Yesterday I was happy to reconnect with my cousin GWEN... we haven't seen each other in a while.
She has CHANGED her life a bit since February, when her current home was ready to be repaired from some leaky roof issues. So she CHANGED locations temporarily to live with her dad, who doesn't have internet... thus not as much email connections from Gwen lately! We did enjoy our little shop and starbucks outing. I was babysitting Beau yesterday, too...and he was such a good little shopper!

I have been loving all my TV shows, the competitive ones especially, but was really sad to see AMBER voted off American Idol this week, I was hopeful that she might be this year's winner, but now I'll CHANGE my hopes toward CANDICE being this year's idol winner!

MAY is always a fun month with many things to look forward to from Mother's Day, to Dance Recital preps and excitement for the year end show, as well as Mariah's birthday, to mention a few!

The warmer weather will have us all CHANGING our routines by getting out doors more.
We are looking forward to our first barbeque of this season on our deck tomorrow... we were out there a bit earlier last year... but better late than never!


Because I am CHANGING things up today....
my quotes are at the end of my blog instead of the beginning...Once again MAY I say
THANKS to each and everyone of you who take the time to pop by and read about my little corner of the world...
I'm grateful always!

"If you change the way you look at things,
the things you look at change."
-Wayne Dyer

"If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude."
-Maya Angelou


"A change is as good as a rest!"
-Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment