Tuesday, May 14, 2013

So GRATEFUL!

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
-Marcel Proust

"Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you're going to live your life."
-Joel Osteen

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast a house into a home, a stranger into a friend."
-Melody Beattie

This past week has been a whirl wind of time spent with
my adorable grandkids...and I am so GRATEFUL
for all the time I get to spend with them.

Sunday was mother's day and it was beautiful out...
I was GRATEFUL for time spent with family on my deck.

I was so GRATEFUL for these lovely gifts on
MOTHER'S DAY...
A heartfelt card from Jana's family with a cut PUG ornament,
a painted sign from Mariah, and beautiful flowers from
my loving hubby.

I love this photo of my son and his girlfriend, which I see
everyday when I open up the laptop computer.
We enjoyed a nice visit from Colin and Caro on
MOTHER'S DAY, when they called us and
spoke with the family here...
always GRATEFUL for connections we make
by phone and computer.

I'm always GRATEFUL for chances to craft some cards!
Here are some recent ones for MOTHER'S DAY,
as well as a belated on for Colin's girlfriend Caro.

I picked up Mariah and Beau many days last week during a busy
week of events for Jana and Nels...
I'm GRATEFUL for the many photos I get of the grandkids,
these are only but a few from our outdoor fun last week.

We celebrated my MOM in HEAVEN on Mother's day
with a little Dairy Queen Cake (she loved ice cream!)
I am now GRATEFUL I can not only enjoy the leftover cake,
but also GRATEFUL for plans to slim down!!!
Whether it be SLIM FAST, SLIM SLOW... or I'm liking the looks of
the STARBUCKS DIET in a magazine I found last week!

Yesterday I went and watched Mariah at her in studio
DANCE dress rehearsal for her JAZZ number.
I was GRATEFUL to see what she has learned in her first
season of JAZZ... also pleased BEAU was so good there, too!
(Today is part two of the show, so her TAP and BALLET are then)

Here is a little blast from the past in honour of
MOTHER'S DAY...
I'm GRATEFUL that MEMORIES live on in my heart...
here are my brothers and my mom with me in Vancouver
in 1960... dad must be taking the photo!

I was GRATEFUL for our family gathering on MOTHER'S DAY...
such a beautiful day and yummy meal cooked by my sweet hubby!

I'm always GRATEFUL for friends
and reasons to CELEBRATE any occasion!
Here are friends Kellie and Brenda who both
recently had birthdays!
We had an impromptu lunch on Friday last week.


First of all may I once again say how GRATEFUL I am when you stop by to read about my little life here at
 "TAP into SIMPLE!"  There has been a lapse since my last post, which simply means I have been TAPPING into daily life and living it to the fullest!!!

Yesterday when I sat down to write this blog post, my computer was giving me more issues to deal with, so I was not feeling quite so GRATEFUL at that moment...and decided to wait till today to do up this blog!!!
 I was ever so GRATEFUL that my hubby, Brian was able to resolve the issues I was 
having yesterday.
I am always so GRATEFUL to him as he is truly a wonderful husband, and I am so very lucky to have him.

Last week my daughter was busy with many events and things and my son in law was also busy with work and he was working over time literally... so luckily for all of us...I was available and on call to pick up and drop off their kiddies lots.
I am always ever so GRATEFUL that Jana and Nels are so successful and happy in their business life and their family life too. I am also GRATEFUL I get to see lots of my grandkids while they are still young. We have made so many
wonderful memories in their lives already to this point... and for those memories I'm GRATEFUL!

I have made it to the gym hit and miss, but am GRATEFUL for not only the close location of GOODLIFE GYM, but for the friends I have made by going there weekly.
I'm also GRATEFUL for the awesome classes and instructors they have... which all contribute to my
"GOOD LIFE!"

I'm ever so GRATEFUL for the times we can spend with family and friends... just this past Sunday alone...
we went for a nice breakfast with friends, Bob and Jacquie, followed by a lovely mother's day visit with my in-laws when we popped by to deliver a plant and card for my sweet mother-in-law, Blanche. During the afternoon I enjoyed a nice one on one visit with my hubby on the deck soaking up the sunshine with our doggie Shuffle. Later that day Brian cooked a delicious supper of beef tenderloin and chicken with barbecued veggies on the BBQ!
We shared that with Jana, Nels and the grandkids and my brother, Brian, too. We enjoyed DQ cake in my mom's honour... she always loved her DQ ice cream... so I know she would have been smiling from heaven
with that dessert choice!


I am ever GRATEFUL for my job and connection with the dance studio where I work. They are very busy in prep for their year end shows now which are at TCU on MAY 25th.
It is the 30th anniversary of BSOBAD... so a real milestone for BRENDA owner and director of the studio.
Co-incdentally it is also International TAP DANCE DAY on that date as well. I get to watch my grand daughter do 3 dances in the afternoon show, too!
She is rehearsing in costume for those shows today, and I get to take her to the practice for her TAP and Ballet in costume... (she did the jazz yesterday).

Also I am GRATEFUL for all the TV shows I'm into that revolve around SONG and DANCE...
All the competitive shows...
American Idol
Dancing With The Stars
The Voice...
and tonight the new season of
So You Think You Can Dance... starts up too.
I still enjoy the chances I get to watch
ELLEN, Marilyn Dennis, Big Bang Theory,
and SMASH... but there are so many shows I like, that I am selective and do not get a chance to see them all.
I am so GRATEFUL for the PVR on our TV!

I have learned this from my life so far that GRATITUDE never goes out of style...and the more GRATEFUL we are, the better our lives are... so for every thing and everyone who has given me reason to be GRATEFUL... I say THANKS to all of you!

I missed Colin's Girlfriend's Birthday on April 30th... so B-Lated Greetings to CARO.
Today my cousin, STEVE has a birthday... so Happy Wishes to him as well.

On that note... it is nearly time to go get Mariah for her dancing practice... so here is my RHYME of the day!

Everyday I have so much to be GRATEFUL for,
From the love of my family, my friends and so much more.
My life was special right from the start...
I was born to MY PARENTS,
who now live in my heart.
My 2 brothers spoil me... and I have lots of cousins, too,
So many circles of friends to share all that I do.
I have the best children, and grandkids to keep my youth,
They honestly keep me on my toes...
and that is sure the truth!!!
I love my hubby dearly...he makes my heart sing,
And my doggie, Shuffle, is the sweetest thing!
I'm GRATEFUL for the seasons, that make the years go by.
And DANCING through my hobbies, make me think and try!
My life has been a story... in a great big book,
I love every chapter when I stop and take a look!
I really enjoy each reason I have to celebrate...
I am just so GRATEFUL... my life is just so great!


2 comments:

  1. Yes, you do have a lot to celebrate. Enjoyed reading about your big beautiful full live and loves and thank you for sharing such positivity with your friends and followers. Love your rhymes and the words of gratitude that exude from your grateful, happy soul! Even when I don't comment - thanks for all your blogs! And attitude of gratitude always touches others..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comment here, Arlene/ETHEL!... I so appreciate it coming from a fellow blog writer. I am glad you enjoyed my little post today. My life has been busy but fun and I feel I just have so much to be grateful for! :)

      Delete