Friday, September 27, 2013

DANCING Through Life!

"When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It's to enjoy each step along the way."
-Wayne Dyer

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance."
-Anonymous

"Dancing with the feet is one thing, but Dancing with the heart is another."
-Anonymous


Some little DANCE things in my house...
The little TAP SHOE frames have photos of Mariah in her first tap shoes,
from fall of 2007... looking TuTu cute!

More DANCE stuff in my house...
the little quote was a gift from dance friend Vanessa years ago,
The ornament was my mom's... one of my favourites of her's... it
reminds me of how her and dad loved to DANCE!

An old photo of  me and Brian while in Vegas in
1979... for a DANCE workshop I was there for.
I actually met my hubby as a result of a DANCE workshop
I attended in Edmonton in 1973!

Yesterday at DANCE STREET with the grand kids to get Mariah
new dance stuff!

Two cute cards I purchased at DANCE STREET...
with cute photos and Dance sayings!

DANCE captions on the walls at the DANCE STREET store.

A little visit and treat party at the GREAT GRAND PARENTS yesterday...
It was definitely a a day to dance in our Hunter rubber boots!

Family... Jana and Nels... and their kids Mariah and Beau
just this past weekend.

What is better than DANCING through life with these cute
grandkids... my grandson, Beau
and my grand daughter, Mariah.

Even my doggie adds some lovin' to the DANCE of life, with her sweetness,
and her Dance related name...
SHUFFLE!

Friends always add to the DANCE of life!
Above friends... Robin and Kelly with Brian,
Below... Vern , Brian, Kellie  and Cathy.

As I dance through my life day to day...
flowers add a little colour, and cheer.
These are ones we received a week ago from Jana...
and they still look
like this  a week later!


Today I am TAPPING into some of the connections my life has had to DANCING!

I have done my blog now for about 3 and a half years as a way of keeping track of events and positives in my life and journaling them here as well as sharing stories and photos  taken that go with the theme of my daily post!

Today it seemed fitting to write about the DANCE of my life.
I have danced since I was 4 years old. On this date in 1973
I was off to attend a BRIAN FOLEY DANCE WORKSHOP in Edmonton where I would stay with my friend, Marg.
Marg and I were school buddies and we both grew up DANCING.

After high school, she moved to Edmonton. Her boyfriend, Dave also moved there. They decided to set me up on a blind date on this dance workshop weekend with another former Saskatoon, guy, Brian... who at the time his friends referred to as "RAB".

Long story short... one year later I opened up my DANCE STUDIO of 28 years... DIANE WILL DANCE STUDIO, and later went on to teaching the Brian Foley ADAPT dance syllabus and was the first Saskatoon Dance teacher to put students through his exams.

Three years later, the blind date I met...
Brian/ RAB... and I were married!
... and we have been DANCING through life together ever since!

We always celebrate this date every year... to us it is special...it never gets lots in the SHUFFLE!


As many of my blog readers know, we have been dancing through a new kind of chapter in our lives lately.
It is one I cannot share much about on my blog, but we have done many DANCE steps through this chapter of our lives.

Although at times I do feel a little bit lost in the SHUFFLE... I try not to get into a FLAP! I keep STRIDING along...some days are a little bit more of a DRAG, but that is when I need to KICK up my spirits a notch! I just have to have a LEAP of faith in each day and try to ELONGATE life as we continue to TAP into new skills in our day to day !

I am ever grateful for friends and family always. We have had many coming by to share love with us. Just this week, two friends I met through my teaching dance days at BSOBAD ... Kellie and Cathy brought over a box of good home cooking to share with us... That was just so thoughtful of them.

Although I have been retired from teaching since 2008, I continue to TAP into occasional DANCE jobs here and there, whether it be, free lance summer schools, or workshops, or choreography... or adjudicating Dance festivals and or competitions in and around the country.

I do get some DANCE type exercise by going to Good Life gym. Just yesterday I went to Zumba, taught by a DANCE teacher friend, Nicole. Tomorrow I hope to get to Body Vive, taught by Theresa... who co-incidentally was a former dance student of mine many moons ago!

I continue to enjoy all the shows revolving around DANCE on TV such as "So You Think You Can Dance",
and "Dancing With The Stars"... and
in addition to that I always enjoy Ellen DeGeneres, who also DANCES on her show daily.
Just last week she  had an inspirational dancer on her show, who was a cancer survivor with one leg, but still TAP DANCING... google the name
"EVAN RUGGERIO" to check his amazing story out.

Also this week I enjoyed a nice lunch outing with my DANCE friend, Brenda... as well as visits with friends Ella and Heather ... friends do help me to TAP into lots of fun as I DANCE through life!

I am hoping that Brian and I will be able to TAP into a dinner this evening to celebrate our FORTY YEARS
of DANCING through Life together!

Next week my sister in law, Arleen, celebrates a milestone birthday... so I hope she TAPS into a wonderful day on October 4th, too!

My life truly is a DANCE...
it is all about the RHYTHM and the RHYME... so on that note, here is my poem of the day!

It isn't really all by chance,
My life is just like one big dance...
When I'm lost in the shuffle,
I don't get in a flap,
I hop, skip and jump all over the map!
I tap into new skills here and there,
I always just wing it, and do it with care!
I live with a leap of faith each day,
It's step after step, all the way.
Some days can be a drag, I know,
But others I kick it up a notch as I go.
My life's like a DANCE, I have found,
From ups and downs... to round after round.
In life there's so many twists and many a turn,
It's how I dance through it, with all that I learn.
Dancing just brings me lots of smiles...
As I shuffle through life's journey and miles!


No comments:

Post a Comment