Monday, September 9, 2013

HaPpY HoUr!

"Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness."
-William E. Gladstone

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There is clearly room for more wine."
-Author Unknown

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy."
- Dalai Lama

The view from our deck  yesterday...
this is where we have shared many
HAPPY HOURS
this summer!

Last night we enjoyed the company of good friends, Bob and Jacquie,
 and my brother Brian for a delicious BBQ meal made by my hubby!

This past Wednesday, we got invited to share a HAPPY HOUR
in the back yard of my good friend, ELLA.
We enjoyed our visit so much that we carried it on
on the deck of the restaurant, "PRAIRIE HARVEST"
over a yummy supper there.

We shared some HAPPY HOURS of fun with the Grandkids
this past Thursday when we were up bright and early
to get the kids off to school and daycare.

We picked up the grandkids and stopped by MARBLE SLAB, on
Thursday after school and daycare... where MARIAH and BEAU
found their "HAPPINESS WITHIN...
Both having vanilla ice cream with sprinkles and
and Beau had gummy bears in his, too... that was his favourite part!

Mariah loves to play restaurant, too and here she is as quite the happy
little waitress, with Beau sharing his baggie of fruit loops!

On Mariah's first half day of school this year... we picked her up
and treated her to a HAPPY lunch at one of her favourite spots...
Boston Pizza where she had this yummy looking beverage!

I am always HAPPY when I can share a STARBUCKS with a good friend,
and here I am with dance teacher friend, Barb, from Moose Jaw.
Earlier that day I helped Mariah label school supplies!

Brian and  niece Emily find lots of HAPPINESS fooling around
by teasing each other.
Also in this photo is HAPPY time shared by family
the day after the celebration of Bruce's life held on Sept. 1st.

Some more photos from the CELEBRATION of Bruce.
The family was so HAPPY with how the day went and the
huge turnout of people there, too.

More familiar faces at the Sept.1st
CELEBRATION of Bruce's life.
Lots of HAPPY connections were made that day.

Another HAPPY HOUR celebration...
Friend, Jacquie, had a special afternoon shared with her girlfriends
over a week ago... she is definitely a HOSTESS with the MOSTEST!"


First of all may I say I do enjoy the HAPPiNESS my blog writing brings me. It is a review of the HAPPY things going on in and around my little life these days. I enjoy any HOURS I can spend in HAPPiNESS with family,
 friends or even on my own.

This past summer has seen some lovely weather, where we have been able to share HAPPY HOURS with friends and family on our deck or the decks elsewhere. We enjoy our backyard... it makes us feel like we are on a nice vacation, with our privacy from the trees. We have eaten lots of yummy meals out there this summer as well...
and managed to more than keep our weight up!!!
(not that we were aiming to that!)

This past week since the big celebration of life for my brother in law, Bruce, we have been kept busy doing things we enjoy from looking after the grandkids to sharing times with family and friends.

The fall is always a favourite time of year for me. It is the beginning of a new season. I love the start of many things in fall. I also love the weather in fall, too. So many memories of new beginnings for me.

Yesterday was GRANDPARENTS DAY. We always thank our lucky stars that we have the most wonderful grandkids.
We wish any other grandparents out there reading this blog special recognition too. We feel especially proud to share our dear grandkids with their other grandparents...
Arvid and Nancy. Not only are they great grandparents to Mariah and Beau... but they are good friends to us as well.

I look forward to the beginning of new seasons of some of my favourite TV shows as well as the finales to some I am currently watching. Many HAPPY HOURS for me are provided by TV shows!

I look forward to many more HAPPY HOURS
and TIMES to come...and on that note...
here is my poem of the day!

I am always grateful for the time I can spend,
With a loved one and/or a good friend...
Sitting on a deck somewhere enjoying the sun,
Sipping on a beverage and sharing some fun.
I love every hour I can see the grandkids, too...
I feel so very lucky, those hours are quite a few!
Whether doing things with people I love,
Or enjoying the warmth from the skies up above,
I feel very happy with what my life brings,
And I also do enjoy the songs, that my heart sings.
I do try to make the most of my best...
I also try to stay up beat and not get too stressed.
Having many HAPPY HOURS helps to make me smile,
Those happy little moments help fill me up for a while.
Before too long the snow will fly again...
That is when our HAPPY HOURS will
move from the deck back to the den!

No comments:

Post a Comment