Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The KEY to a GOOD LIFE!

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. when I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life."
-John Lennon

"The key is to keep company with only people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best."
-Epictetus

"Love is the key that opens the heart."
-Author Unknown


LOVE really is the KEY that opens the heart...and makes every day of
LIFE worth while!
Brian and I have been really enjoying our time spent together
lately ... this photo was yesterday on our deck in the sunshine!

Here are some of the many yummy tomatoes from our garden...
and my keys sitting beside with my tag to GOODLIFE Gym!
Healthy food and exercise are two more KEYS to Good Life!

Last Friday I joined my very good dancing buddy, Brenda at a new restaurant
in the city called LEYDA'S.
The restaurant has a KEY to GOOD LIFE philosophy... serving
all healthy organic and gluten free foods.
Their decor has KEYS as an accent, too!

We have shared many Happy Hours
in the lovely weather this summer into fall.
The above two photos were last Friday with my friend, Ella joining us.
The bottom one was yesterday... yummy brochette and wine on the deck!
GOOD FOOD, GOOD FRIENDS, GOOD WEATHER...
more KEYS to GOOD LIFE!

I learn so much from my grandkids, Mariah & Beau about the
KEYS to LIFE...
stay active, be happy, do what you enjoy!

Brian and I took Beau and Mariah out to their favourite restaurant,
Boston Pizza for their Favourite meal, Bugs'n'Cheese,
on Saturday!
Another KEY to GOOD LIFE...
when you find what you like stick with it!

We meet good friends, Bob and Jacquie most Sundays for
breakfast at Fuddrucker's... always so enjoyable.
This past Sunday they brought their out of town friend, Diane, along
to join the festive fun!...
Another KEY to LIFE...
TRADITIONS... and the MORE THE MERRIER!

Family bonding... another KEY to GOOD LIFE!
Monday morning my cousins,
Gwen, Pat, and Bev along with myself were
invited to my sister-in-law, Arleen's house for a family catch up!
(Arleen requested to not be in the photos!!!... but she was there, too!)
KEYS to LIFE...
share family news when ever you get the chance.

This morning I met up with my friends Ella and Heather (above)...
and the gal below here is another HEATHER...and the one who I owe
many of my "STARBUCKS" photo credits to!!!
She is often at Starbucks working on her computer!!!
Another KEY to GOOD LIFE...
whether at work or play,
STARBUCKS goes down very well!

Here is my son-in-law, NELS, who is celebrating his 32nd Birthday today.
I love the chance to craft a card for any occasion...
another KEY... be with who makes you happy...
do what keeps you happy!
We couldn't be more proud and happy to have Nels as our son-in-law.
partner for our daughter, Jana, and daddy to our darling grandkids too!

More randoms from this week of events...
Shuffle, my dog, stealing tomatoes in the back yard,
Brian sitting on Broadway Sunday when out for ice cream,
Yummy Biltmore pizza at Browns's Social House, monday night,
and two new pair of shoes I purchased at my daughter's shoes store,
 SWANK SHOE LOUNGE
yesterday so I can continue to put my BEST FOOT FORWARD
as I continue to follow the KEYS to GOODLIFE
day to day!


Well here it is another blog writing day...
I write my blog to focus on the positives in my life. I do actually cram a lot into my life from blog to blog... or maybe it's just that I take a lot of photos.
I figure capturing my life is not only a way of remembering what I did along the way, it is a
KEY to MY GOOD LIFE!

I did actually get to GOODLIFE GYM yesterday for another wonderful Body Vive class taught by Trent.
I feel so fortunate to belong to that gym because not only are there many good classes, and instructors there, but the people I have met there have all added positive vibes to my life in one way or another.

I have spent a lot of time the past few months evaluating my life, and realizing how GOOD I have it.
I constantly say this, but I do feel blessed to have the best of so many worlds. There are things that are not perfect, but I try to focus on the ones that are positive, and the things that have made me appreciate the GOOD in my life.

I think staying positive and appreciative are two
KEYS to a GOOD LIFE.

I have so many good friends and relatives, and I get to share time with lots of them on a weekly basis.

We have had so much good food, good weather, good company, and so much more lately.
The KEY to good life is that I live in the moment making the most of the best and least of the worst.

Shuffle, my doggie, has been enjoying our tomatoes as much as we have... she scouts out the ripest ones she can find and plays with them like a ball then eats them.
It is funny and entertaining... until she lets a stinky one on the family room!!!

Beau is funny with his long hair...
His philosophy is...
"Long hair... don't care!"

Mariah keeps her self busy in her daily activities from school to dancing...
She is a happy little free spirit always!

We continue to enjoy our daily routine, including happy hours and trips to starbucks and for ice cream 

here and there, mixed in.

Another KEY to my good life is knowing my two kids are happy in their day to day life. We heard from Colin when he called us Sunday from his home in Montreal to share what a great time he just had when his Punk Rock Band toured to Edmonton and Vancouver.

We visited Jana yesterday at her shoes store, 
SWANK SHOE LOUNGE, and she is always busy, between the store and her happy little life with her sweet family. So as a parent it helps me to know my two kids are  enjoying their GOOD LIFE, too!


I have enjoyed lots of the competitive TV shows... DWTS, SYTYCD, AGT, X-Factor... and on and on.
I do love shows where there is music, dance and competition involved. I was especially inspired by Valerie Harper on her first night of DWTS this week. She is 73 years old, living through cancer, but chose to dance...
she said this on the show this week...
"It's good to be alive, and it's better to be dancing."

Life is really like one big dance I figure...
and we continue to learn the KEYS to GOOD LIFE
one step and one day at a time!

Happy Birthday to Nels, my son-in-law, today.
On the 23rd of September my first nephew, Brad,

 will be 38 already, so Birthday wishes to him on that day.


Another KEY to my GOOD LIFE...
is the chance to gather my photos, thoughts,
themes, and quotes here in my blog, and finish it off with a rhyme of the day... so on that note
here is my poem for today!

The key to good life is easy to see,
It's all about being as positive as can be.
Where ever you are, and where ever you go,
The key is keep upbeat, and go with the flow.
Whether at work or whether at play,
Just make the most of every day.
Do the things that make your heart smile,
And follow your heart for mile after mile!

No comments:

Post a Comment