Monday, February 17, 2014

A HuG...and a MuG of CHoCoLATE!

"A HUG is two hearts wrapped in arms."
-Author Unknown

"A hug is the perfect gift: one size fits all, and nobody minds if you exchange it."
-Author Unknown

"There is nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate."
-Author Unknown



On Valentine's Day I joined my two good friends,
Kellie and Cathy at a cute place called "MOKA"
for some shared friendship over a good cup of coffee!
There was some nice valentines, decor and  cute cookies and I loved the sign
which stated
"Good coffee is a pleasure,
Good friends are a treasure"...
so true!

I have shared sweets with many of the sweets in my life the last few days,
From cupcakes with Mariah to cookies with Beau!
Also shared some chocolate, along with many fun set ups...
and lots of hugs and chocolate, too!

Valentines day treats...
I found these scrabble mugs and knew they would be perfect
for the many things we share... including sweet love!


Mariah called me to see if she could spend the afternoon with us on Saturday
after returning from her little vacay...
We did lots of fun things including...
shopping, crafting and eating cupcakes...and some HUGS, too!

Mariah with her new skate board... and her family by the pool on their vacay.
Jana, Nels and Beau out for supper on Saturday... was a long wait for meals!!!
... and Beau last night at suppertime at his house!

Yesterday Beau was excited to have a turn to do some bonding here, after
his sister spent the afternoon with us the day before.
The bottom photo of him is when he was waiting for his mom to bring him over
yesterday... he was dressed a ready to go long before his mom was!!!

We made many set ups with the smurfs, muppets, hockey players and more,
Beau was so happy to be here sharing time with us
and not having to be in competition with his big sis!
I loved every minute and every HUG, too!

Even Beau likes to craft....
he made some very cute sticker pictures for each family member yesterday.
We spent more than an hour selecting the perfect stickers and colors of paper
to put them on , too. He is such a sweet little guy with a kind heart!

We were treated to a special sushi supper last monday night,
by our nephew Brad and his wife, Janelle.
Nice to catch up with them and give a long over due hug, too!


With VALENTINE'S DAY on Friday...
the past few days have been filled with sweets...
and some chocolate and hugs, too!


I know some people say they do not celebrate the 
14th of February... but I personally hope I will never be too old to outgrow that special day of love... 
and any other reason to celebrate for that matter!!! 
I am one who likes to take every chance I can get to CELEBRATE!


I was sure celebrating this weekend when our grandkids returned from their little vacay. I enjoyed two days in a row of "one on one" time with each of the grandkids, too.
They are both so special to me, and I loved getting hugs from them as well... felt so good!



When shopping with Mariah on Saturday... we went to dollarama, pine and fancy, indigo, and target.

 I wanted to get a cup of coffee at Starbucks while we were in Target... but it was kind of cute... how Mariah told me I was getting sidetracked!


Beau woke up asking his mommy if he could have a day at his grammie's yesterday, too...and once he found out he could... he was dressed and ready to go in no time flat!
I have not spent "one on one" with him for a long time and thoroughly enjoyed that day with my little man.
He has such a sweet nature...we did lots together... 

from smurf parades, watching Bubble Guppies on tv, 
and making sticker crafts!


We joined Jana, Nels and kids at Taverna restaurant on Saturday night for supper. It was a very long wait for our meal... but we had a chance to catch up... 

although entertaining kids when they are hungry... is sometimes not as relaxing! (wink wink!)


Brian and I went to his parents on Valentine's Day 

and took them some cupcakes to celebrate the occasion.I think they liked them!
We were also invited to Jana's for supper last night as well...

we had a tasty meal.



Saturday after my gym class... 

I got a couple extra hugs,too, 
from a couple friends there... 
one can never have too many hugs!


We continue to enjoy the Olympics on TV... I especially like the figure skating even though the judging is seeming to be fairly controversial, again, this year. 

I personally did not think the US and Canadian pairs were more than a two point spread in marks... 
but such is life... it is often how competition goes!
I enjoyed their performances none the less... 

along with many of the others, too.


With the school break this week...Mariah is having a little sleepover tonight and spending another day here tomorrow... then we will need to balance that out with 

Beau some day soon again... 
I do love my grandkids and am loving the times I can spend with them one at a time.

Today is FAMILY DAY... so hoping for some more hugs today... and also hoping to join my friend,
 Ella for a coffee later as well.
Tomorrow she is off to Hawaii to meet up with our friend, Vern. I am both excited and jealous... would be nice to be able to soak up some sunshine on the beaches of MAUI... but I wish them both a wonderful little vacay, none the less while we spend time back home in snowy Saskatoon!


Today I have switched from CHOCOLATE 

in my scrabble mug to GREEN TEA!!!!...
 and another Valentines has come and gone!




On that note... here is my rhyme of the day...

In life there's nothing as sweet as a hug,
Or something special like chocolate in a mug!
It's always nice to have something sweet,
And lots of loving just can't be beat.
Time that's meaningful and also spent,
With ones we love for a special event...
Dining or shopping with family and friends.
A HUG... and a MUG filled with perfect blends!

No comments:

Post a Comment