Monday, February 3, 2014

TaPpInG into HAPPiNESS!

"Today I Tap Dance across the stage of life."
-Jonathan Lockwood Huie

"What you need to realize is, life is a journey, often difficult and sometimes cruel; but you are well equipped for it as long as you tap into your inner strength in the present and allow it to flourish forward."
-Suman Rai

"It's not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness."
-Charles Spurgeon


I was excited when I saw this in last Monday's newspaper!
Former Saskatoon Idol, Theresa Sokyrka,  2004 CANADIAN IDOL runner up...
dancing with former Tap student, Kelly Woodley.
Both these two were special people in my life...
they both helped me TAP into Happiness!
They were dancing at a fund raiser event
called SWINGING WITH THE STARS  which raised lots of money.

I am always HAPPY to help out my father-in-law...
last Wednesday I took him to an eye appointment and he picked out these new glasses!

Saturday Mariah called to see if she could come and hang out with us for the day...
we always TAP into lots of HAPPINESS with her here!
Brian and I got beat in a game of YATZE here... she whooped us!

Mariah had fun teaching Shuffle to do some tricks...
here they are TAPPING into a little HAPPINESS together!

Beau and I had time for one little smurf parade set up
when he came to get his sister on Saturday night!
He isn't into photos lately... so hard to get him to smile
on camera anyway... but he was happy off film!!!

Yesterday my dance buddy, Joanne, found me at Fuddrucker's
and shared this adorable hand knit scarf she made me
as a belated birthday gift! ... so thoughtful of her.
We have TAPPED into lots of HAPPINESS... and TAPPINESS
together over the years!

I had a real "HOOT" doing up this theme for the
BSOBAD TAP EXAMS taking place today...
I hope the tappers will be WISE OLD OWLS...
and TAP into "OWL" they have got !

Last Sunday we were invited to Jana and Nels's house for supper...
I managed to get a couple of photos of the grandkids...
here is Mariah with her Journey girl doll,
and Beau watching the Bubble Guppies on Jana's iPad!

Last Wednesday we got invited to Jana's friend, Shelane's, to meet her
new little baby, BENJAMIN... he was so sweet...and our visit was lovely
in their beautiful home. We have shared lots of
Happiness with Shelane and her little family over the years!

And we shared some happiness at a delicious meal  hosted by our good friend, Vern...
here are Vern and Ella along with Brian and me... and we had this tasty supper and
and oreo cheese cake, too... yum!

We tap into a whole lot of happiness most Sundays when meeting
with this fine looking group at Fuddrucker's for breakfast.
Some days our group is bigger than others!
Joining this time were Vern, Ella, Robin, Jacquie, Judy,
Bob and Dan!

Jana and my father-in-law joined us for a yummy lunch over a week ago
at Brown's Social House restaurant. Greg said that was the best
fish he ever had!!!
Thanks to Brian's sister, BEV, for the gift certificate to this place.
We have tapped into a few meals over time...and all have been good...
so more happiness!

A couple of weeks ago, my good friend, Cathy, treated me
to yet another belated
Birthday lunch at Moxie's.
Cathy has really been helping us TAP into HAPPINESS,
with many things from giving us rides, to making us meals...
and even loaning me  her daughter's TAP SHOES!
She is a very dear friend... and along with many others
I have... I feel grateful always!


I have not been on top of my blog lately... but believe me... I have been trying to TAP into my HAPPINESS and have been keeping busy it seems!

The above photos are just some of the events in the last week and a half or so... but we also do other things
besides dining out!!! It seems I take more photos when gathered for a meal or coffee outing.

I even taught a TAP SOLO last week... sort of feeling somewhat rusty... but TAPPED into my inner happiness while wearing the TAP SHOES!

I do love a theme...and my most recent one for the BSOBAD TAP EXAMS taking place today... was one of my most favourite ones of "OWL" time! hehehe...
I really had a HOOT putting it together for the
BSOBAD TAP "OWL" STARS!
I did a little bulletin board updating yesterday
while there as well.
Just recently I went for lunch with studio owner, Brenda, too...can't believe I missed capturing
that meal outing in a photo!!!

We have been enjoying lots of scrabble games and just this weekend played some yatze with Mariah, too. I think of my mom when playing both those games. I also think of Colin and Caro on yatze which is what we play alot when in Montreal. They are still enjoying their vacay in Thailand, however, that being said, I believe Colin will be returning to Montreal this week some time.

Jana and Nels are off on a little vacay with their family the end of this week. Brian and I were to have joined them but have decided to wait till summer to do our
next get away, instead.

I have been enjoying lots of meal and coffee outings with our good friends Vern and Ella. Vern left just last Friday for another month long trip in Maui. I'm thinking of Vern today as it was a year ago today that his dad
earned his angel wings!

I have been rather slack on my efforts to get to the gym lately... but hopefully things will change this week... I was busy TAPPING into HAPPINESS ... among other things last week... sometimes life just is busy!

I am hoping my Uncle Charlie will be able to TAP into some HAPPINESS s he moves into his new place. After a two week hospital stay, his very caring family have found him a nice home. I am sending him lots of love and them lots of support as the journey continues!

I am sure enjoying the American Idol this year... great panel of judges and a lot of singing talents, too. I also enjoyed Bruno Mars singing at the half time show of yesterday's Super Bowl game... and happy for the incredible win for the Seahawks... mostly because it is my buddy, 

Linda's favourite team! 
( I do not know much about football  
but kind of watched the game in bits!)


On that note...
here is my rhyme of the day...

Life is a journey, this is true,
It surely depends on all that you do.
Giving it your all... is the best way,
To TAP into Happiness every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment