Monday, February 10, 2014

PASSION, HOPE & PRIDE

"PASSION-There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but few will catch your heart... Pursue them."
-Author Unknown

"We all mold one another's dreams. We all hold each other's fragile hopes in our hands. We touch other's hearts."
-Author Unknown

"Pride is a personal commitment. It is an attitude that separates excellence from mediocrity."
-Author Unknown


PASSIONATE about our CANADIAN TEAM... and sharing our
Olympic mitts with PRIDE and HOPE!

Mariah stopped in to share some Passion on route to her dancing
last week... and I love these colorful flowers
to add some brightness to the mid winter chills!

Out for lunch last week with dancer friends, Brenda and Melody.
... we managed to share
some of our dance passions together before they returned to more
tap exams for the TAP HOPEFULS!

More meals shared with friends... both impromtptu!
A supper with friend, Brenda, at McNalley last Wednesday...
and a supper we had here last night cooked by my hubby
and shared with friend, Ella!
I LOVE when I can spend fun times with friends... especially over yummy meals!

A belated birthday celebration with my two sisters-in-law,
Brenda and Bev last Saturday...at a restaurant called
Bon Temps... with this cool jazzy pic on the wall!
We enjoyed our visits together as we always do!

Sharing an early VALENTINE'S DAY TREAT visit with the grandkids
before they headed off on their little vacay!
They LOVED their little packages!!!!

My very excited grandkids... BEAU and MARIAH
last thursday the night before leaving on their trip.
I love when they can share giggles and laughter together!!!

A ticket and caption from the STARS OF HOPE program held yesterday.
This is a great dance event hosted annually by two of my dance friends,
Sisters, Nadine and Nicole Riehl...
show casing provincial dance talents to raise money
FOR CANCER.

I attended the Stars of Hope with two friends who know the CANCER
journey all too well...
my friend, Jacquie, who lost a son to cancer years ago and
my friend, Ella, who also lost her husband to cancer.

A texted photo I received yesterday from my grandkids at the San Diego Zoo,
with Jana's caption...
"3 of a kind!"
Looks like they are having a fun trip, so far.

Last night I watched the special on TV about
 the 50th year anniversary of THE BEATLES
in the year they came to perform in America... a
show I was very PASSIONATE about!
Above is a great poster of the Beatles, I received from my friend, Linda.

Also with Valentine's day coming up... I am remembering this anniversary
VALENTINE specialty cup from starubcks!...
some thing else I am passionate about
... LOVE all the sayings on this cup!

Thursday my brother Brian stopped by with these
" funky-ish"hat and mitts!!!!
He has a soft heart and always likes to share
things he is passionate about!!!
My coffee cup in front states...
"WHOEVER SMILES FIRST WINS!!!"
This week is filled with PASSION, HOPE and PRIDE
with Valentine's day coming, round #15 for Brian,
 and many more Olympics to watch on TV...
This little grouping includes my LOVE blocks, and HOPE wall hanging,which states...
"Live for today, Hope for tomorrow"
...and our Olympic Mitts
to help us HOLD onto all of our
LOVE, HOPE and PRIDE  in our hands and our hearts!

February is always a month that revolves around LOVE and PASSION and this year is no exception to that!
In fact in addition to that is our CANADIAN PRIDE as we passionately watch team Canada compete in the Winter Olympics in Sochi. What's better than watching the world come together to cheer on the countries as they watch their HOPES and DREAMS come to life with 

a whole lot of PRIDE!


With VALENTINE'S DAY coming up this week... there will be many reminders to be passionate.



Yesterday's 8th annual STARS OF HOPE annual fund raiser for CANCER was a huge success once again. I believe I have only missed one of these shows since it began. This show is co-ordinated by two dance friends of mine... sisters, Nicole and Nadine Riehl. I love  this event... as it brings dancers, dance teachers and friends together to raise money and HOPE for  a cause that touches nearly everyone 

in one way or another.


This weekend... we are thinking of our grandkids and their parents who are enjoying a little vacay. We had HOPED to be on that trip with them, but we had to put that trip on hold for this year due to circumstances beyond our control.

 They had quite a journey to get there, with cancelled flights and airport delays, etc... so for that reason, I am grateful we were not on the trip... but I know they will have a wonderful time now that they ave arrived in their destination...and many memories to cherish for a long time.

Colin has decided to stay on for an extention on his trip to Thailand for an extra 3 weeks as well... so we are HOPING he continues to share his enthusiasm and PASSIONS through his emails with us while he is there.


I enjoyed times spent with family and friends alike over meals, gym and shopping outings, and more this past week.  Brian also had a couple of friends stop by this weekend...
Scott and Steve... and we always enjoy times we can share with all friends and family.



Tonight we will be sharing some time with my nephew, Brad and his wife, Janelle when we join them 

for a sushi supper outing .



Last night I watched one of the best shows ever on TV. It was special salute to the night THE BEATLES arrived in America. On February 9th, 1964, THE BEATLES performed for the first time on the famous Ed Sullivan show.
There were several musical artists coming together to celebrate the BEATLES...and the show was such a show of
PASSION, HOPE and PRIDE for me... recalling all the memories surrounding that special time in history that continues to live on in time.



I have loved all the Olympics I have managed to watch on TV all weekend so far with more to come. The opening ceremony was spectacular, too... also lots of moments of PASSION, HOPE and PRIDE!

I continue to watch other tv shows I enjoy where I can fit them in!!! One of those shows is American Idol where
singers can share their passion, hope and pride as well.


I have been into playing scrabble lately...
it brings out passionate memories of my mom as we played it a lot together back in the day...
now I try to get in a game a day if I can...and have a mix of passion, hope and pride while playing it as well!!!



On that note... here is my rhyme of the day...

In my life... each day is like a ride...
Filled with passion, hope and pride.
Dancing through life from day to day,
With a song in my heart along the way.
Cheering on the many hopes of others,
From little ones... to fathers and mothers.
Watching a world come together as one,
Enjoying all the love...and also the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment