Saturday, February 22, 2014

COME TOGETHER

"Come together right now"
-famous words from the Beatles song written by 
-J.Lennon and P. McCartney...
The Beatles definitely made the world "Come together"
many many times for many many years

"We will try to create conditions where persons could 
come together in a spirit of team work, and exercise to their heart's desire their technological capacity."
Akio Morita

"Never let go of hope. One day you will see that all has finally come together. What you have wished for has finally come to be. You will look back and laugh at what has passed and you will ask yourself...'How did I get through all that?' "
-Author Unknown

On Tuesday we had Mariah all day and I took her to see her
great grandparents...
here we are all coming together for some "selfies" snapped
by Mariah on my phone... the bottom two were taken at two times
that day... one before and after I had a hair cut!

I love any times I can come together with the grandkids.
Here are a few pics from Tuesday... Mariah playing scrabble
with her poppa and stretching her leg to improve her flexibility!!!
The bottom two are of Beau when he and his dad came to get Mariah.


Here are some sticker crafts by the grandkids...
They love when they can come together and create
with gramme d's sticker collection!

I got an invite to my high school buddy, Margo's the other day.
I ordered a little doggie jacket like the one she made her doggie, Lexi...
she makes those and other wonderful things... she is so creative and crafty.
Not only did we enjoy a fun visit after a long time ... we enjoyed some good Beatles tunes
while we visited over a delicious chocolate chai tea.
I love when good things make us
"Come together!"

Yesterday I enjoyed another fun visit over a chai tea latte at my sister-in-law,
Arleen's place... my cousins, Bev and Gwen and I have
come together a few times to share stories and good times.
Arleen chose to not be in the photo... but she was certainly a gracious hostess.

On Thursday I went an watched a little baton practice with my good buddy,
and coach extra-ordinaire, Brenda! She is training her team with hopes of a trip
to the World's Baton Championship in England this summer.
Following the practice... we went for a little East Indian lunch at a cool place  called
Black Pepper.
This was the day our Olympic Teams won gold in Woman's curling and hockey,
so in the spirit of that we had our CAN CAN CANADA accessories ready
to come together over the excitement and pride for our team and country!

I happened to stumble into a great TV special on Thursday night
with artists who came together to honour Paul McCartney as he was presented
 "The Gershwin Prize for Popular Song"
at an evening tribute at the White House.
I loved how Paul and Stevie Wonder came together to do their famous
tune and hit... "Ebony And Ivory"... a song that truly depicts a theme
of  "COMING TOGETHER"
These two artists are two of my all time favourites...
so i had to pause my TV and snap a cute pic of them in this "COME TOGETHER"
kind of pose... it is obvious just how much they mean to each other as well.



Here I am sharing another blog...
Thanks for COMING TOGETHER here to read it!

For the past couple of weeks people all over the world have been coming together to watch athletes all over the world
competing in winter sports at the Sochi Winter Olympics.
I personally have enjoyed much of the TV broadcasts of the many events. It has brought Brian and me together as well to watch something we are both interested in watching.
Canada currently is sitting in 2nd place over all with only one day left in the entire Olympics. Tomorrow will be another reason for us to come together and cheer on Team Canada as our men's hockey team battle it out for Gold over Sweden. We are so proud of our Canadian Team events already... with golds in Women's hockey and curling, and in men's curling and a silver medal for our Olympic figure skating team event. There have been so many individual events winning medals as well and bringing so much pride to our country as we all COME TOGETHER.

I am always happy when I can come together with family and or friends for whatever reason... and this past week was no exception to that. I got together with friends and family a like over one thing or another.

I had been concerned about my son, Colin...
He's been away enjoying a holiday... but I hadn't heard from him in a bit... but this morning I woke up to a nice email from him once again which made me smile with a sigh of relief.
I guess once a mom, always a mom... so when i feel disconnected I worry... today I felt like I had
come together again!
Apparently his internet connections have been poor... but it does sound like he has had the trip of a lifetime...coming together in so many parts of  the world he has never been before... making memories with his girlfriend.

Just to give a fast rundown of the places he has shared in emails with us that he has been...
-Saigon (saw War museums there that brought him to tears)
-Delta Mekong
-Pnhom Phen, Cambodia-
(saw ancient killing fields there)
Seam Reip-(saw ancient temples there)
Bangkok- (said it was a cool city but hard to get around due to protests there.)
Pak Chong- (where it was $9. per night to stay and $1.50-$2 per meal....Saw natural springs and bat caves there as well... I can't imagine how he could handle the 2million bats flying around... eek!)
He also experienced waterfalls, hiking and a  jungle safari
with monkeys, elephants and wild exotic birds.
-Chiang Mai
-Malaysia...for some beach time!
Pai in the northern mountains... where he met some cool friends at a punk bar... then on to hot springs with new found friends!
Koh Lipe- he said was beautiful
(saw an elephant sanctuary where they could observe and feed the elephants.)
-enjoyed moped riding even though on the wrong side of the road!!!!... and hostel living.
Koh Lanta- lived in a bamboo hut...and caro and her friend scuba dived.
Railay-huge limestone mountains... a rock climbers paradise.
He did try mountain climbing... said he liked it but it was tough... Caro loved it!... they managed to climb up about 100 feet.
Also experienced caves, swimming in a lagoon... seeing spectacle lungars(which are monkeys)...
and water moniters (which are big reptiles)

Today's email came from a place called
Krabi town!... then he is off to Khao Lak... next week back home again... where he lives in Montreal.
Talk about an adventure to last a life time... sounds like he really did
COME TOGETHER
with many new lifetime experiences places people and things!... and as I reviewed his emails over his journey, it was a reminder to me of what an experience it must have been for him. He did share a few photos along the way, but really prefers his photos do not be shared on the internet... so I will respect his wish...
(even though I would love to share them!!!)

My daughter was just in Vegas this week where many shoe distributers were coming together to show off their new fall lines... so Jana and her business partner, Melissa were buying up new stock for their store.

I have been going to Tim Horton's a bit lately in hopes of rolling up the rim to WIN... but o far... no wins for me... except the good company i shared while having my coffee!
I shared a really nice visit this week with neighbour Heather followed by a little shop in target.

Saturday morning I usually attend a class at the gym but today's was cancelled ... I found out when I got there to take my class... so next week... will have to try to come together again in hopes my body vive will be on again!!!


Tonight I look forward to coming together with some friends we haven't seen in a while... Joan and Gerry... when we meet up for a little supper outing.


Tomorrow we will COME TOGETHER for our weekly breakfast at Fuddruckers with
some more good friends, Bob and Jacquie.


Next week our good friends, Ella and Vern return from their wonderful little vacay in Maui...and we will look forward to coming together with them again as well!


I do enjoy any outings that bring me together with the things and the people I enjoy... so on that note...
here is my rhyme of the day.

Regardless of the the place or the time or weather...
It always feels good to just COME TOGETHER.
In games in music... away or at home,
With the ones we love... where ever we rome.
Coming together is a real special thing,
It brings out our spirit, and makes our hearts sing!


-


 

No comments:

Post a Comment