Thursday, May 24, 2012

HaPpY... WrApPy... TaPpY!

"Each day comes bearing it's own gifts... 
untie the ribbons! Happy Birthday!"

-Ruth Ann Schabacker


"If I could gift wrap the globe, 
I would give you the world."
J. Cole


"Tap into something simple 
and make it special every day!"
-Grammie D.



Here is a HAPPY and a WRAPPY picture of gifts for my
TAPPY little Grandaughter, MARIAH,
 who is six years old today!
(The red polka dot gifts are for her...
and the little blue one with HAPPY face balloon
is for her brother, Beau,
 so he doesn't feel left out!)


Here is the card I crafted for Mariah! 


TAPPING into some HAPPINESS
6 years ago with baby Mariah in Edmonton
 where she was born!
Pretty proud and happy times for her
Grammie D and Poppa Brian!


Mariah was so tiny at birth weighing in
 at 4 pounds 11 ounces ...
even the preemie sized clothes were big on her!
The adorable polka dot WRAP for her little baby basket
was made especially by her Grandma Nancy!


Here is Mariah just yesterday showing me
the tooth she lost on Monday night!
She was pretty HAPPY with herself,
as she pulled it out herself...
so grown up!


Beau here yesterday
was in a HAPPY mood, too! 


I spent much of my day Tuesday WRAPPING gifts
at my dance friend, Brenda's house! 


Here is BRENDA in her beautiful home
showing off some of my WRAPPiNESS!
I WRAPPED 54 gifts
 to be presented at her year end show this weekend.
These are for her staff and helpers.


Mariah will be TAPPING in
her year end show this Saturday...
this little photo was taken of her at her dance photos
a couple of weeks ago at the studio! 


Mariah checking out the plants we bought...
flowers make her HAPPY always! 


This picture is a bit blurry but is of Beau
with his new basket ball hoop in their yard
... being out doors playing makes Beau very HAPPY always! 


My doggie Shuffle on our deck Monday just after
we planted some of the flowers!
We were HAPPY we TAPPED into that project
before all the rain yesterday and Tuesday.


Pansies seem to have smiling little faces on them and look
HAPPY to be WRAPPED up in these
HAPPY little polka dot pots!
I got these pots last summer, but they still make me HAPPY, too! 


Brian and I TAPPED into some "PURE" HAPPINESS
on Monday while out in Willow Grove
to get our plants and see the grandkids!




Today is my grand daughter,
 Mariah's 6th Birthday!
It seems like only yesterday we
were driving to Edmonton
to meet her for the first time...
where does the time go?


My saying on one of my little quote
calendars said this yesterday...
"When a child is born,
so are grandmothers."
-Judith Levy
How true that statement is.
I can honestly say this
"GRANDMOTHER"
chapter of my life has been
the best one ever for me...
I have been all
WRAPPED up in
HAPPiNESS and TAPPiNESS
with both of my grandkids!
 

This week has not only been a busy
lead up to Mariah's 6th Birthday...
but to the year end shows
for BSOBAD as well.
Those take place this Saturday,
at TCU in both
the afternoon and evening!


I have traditionally helped Brenda,
studio owner and director
of BSOBAD, for the past DECADE!
I actually TAPPED into helping one year previous to WRAP her year end gifts for her, and have been WRAPPING those up
for her every year since!
I was the TAP director there when
our studios merged in 2002
and taught till the completion of 2008.
Then I continued to TAP into
office work there, and am
still considered on staff.


So between my commitment to the
BSOBAD studio and to my family
and to my grandkids,
I am always TAPPING into fun
that keeps me all
WRAPPED up in HAPPiNESS!


We will help Mariah celebrate
her birthday over cupcakes with
both sets of her GRANDPARENTS
tomorrow and she will have a little
birthday party on sunday
with her friends, too.
I talked to Mariah today and
she told me how grown up she feels!


I enjoyed the finales of some of my
much watched TV shows this week.
The winners were picked on
DWTS and on American Idol.
Tonight I TAP into a couple
of new reality talent TV shows...
"So You Think You Can Dance "
and "DUETS"
...
and the beat goes on!


Today's poem is the one I wrote
for Mariah's Birthday card!


Today you are the BiRTHDAY GiRL...
I love to see you dance and twirl!
You are turning a great big SiX!
I know you can do so many tricks.
You can print a lot of names...
And you can also play some games.
You like your "Bugs'n'Cheese" a lot,
You also eat skittles... each colored dot!
And you can shuffle and cartwheel, too,
In fact there's so much you can do.
You are growing up so fast,
So try to make the memories last,
Because you are my dear "sweet pea",
You just mean the world to me...
Birthdays are when you shout Hooray,
But YOU are special everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment