Saturday, May 12, 2012

MOM'S the Word... of LOVE!

"Mothers are angels in disguise, daughters are their messengers, and grandmothers are saints on loan from heaven."
-Author Unknown


"Children and mothers never truly part,
Bound in the beating of each other's heart."
-Charlotte Gray


"A mother holds her children's hands for a while, their hearts forever."
-Author Unknown



At this stage of my life I was only 9 days old...
little did I know just how lucky I was to be BORN
into such a wonderful family...
and such a LOVING MOTHER and FATHER!
My brothers look pretty happy about their new
little sis here, too!!!!


The last MOTHER'S DAY CARD
 I crafted for my mom in MAY of 2010.
The photo was taken on her birthday in 2009
with my brothers and me with mom. 


FOUR GENERATIONS of LOVE!
LOTS of MOTHERLY LOVE...
This was taken July 1st, 2010...
Jana is nearly ready to give birth to
her second child, Beau! 


This photo of mom along with some little ANGEL
ornaments still sit on my living room shelf.
I feel her warmth and love shining down on me
every day from Heaven! 


A photo taken in mom's care home in June of 2010 


A mixture of mom memories of my son, COLIN.
I was proud to become a mom for the first time
when he came into my world on January 18th, 1979. 


A mix of mom memories of  my daughter, JANA.
I was proud to become a mom for my second time
 when she came into my world on January 11th, 1981. 


Now I proudly watch Jana as she does the
"mom thing"
with her children.
This picture was taken just this past wednesday
 at MARIAH'S Dance Picture day.
Not only is JANA a proud mommy...
I am now such a proud
GRANDMA as well!


Here is Jana's second child, BEAU.
This is a picture snapped a few hours ago
of him enjoying some blue berries here.
He is hanging out with me today while his mommy is at work,
his daddy works on their yard, and his sister is at a birthday party!
I feel ever blessed to not only have 2 wonderful children,
but also two wonderful grandkids as well.


My sweet grand daughter Mariah here with her great Grandma,
 and my mother -in-law, BLANCHE!
This photo was taken on April 18th, 2012.
So much LOVE... in the moms in our family!!!!


Where does one even begin when talking about MOTHER'S DAY?

I know I am so grateful for my
dear sweet mom, MARILOU,
for not only giving me my life
in the first place, but for giving
me such a wonderful life growing up.

Although my mom earned her
wings to fly above with the angels in heaven,
on OCTOBER 25th, 2010,
she will live on forever within my heart!

Some of the things I remember and
cherish the most about her were
her traits of enthusiasm, gratitude,
and most of all unconditional love
and support for everything I did.
She was always my very biggest fan,
from little on... through adulthood.
She never held back on sharing her pride...
and although sometimes she could be embarrassing with a little too much
verbal pride in front of
who ever would listen,
I do miss that trait about her!!!

My mom always let people know what she thought good bad or otherwise...
but with my mom
one would always know
exactly where they stood.

She truly had a heart of gold
and wore it on her sleeve always.
She went to bat for all underdogs always,
too... standing up for them
in any way she could.
She was generous of spirit always!

I used to go for breakfasts with her at
Market Mall in the final stages of her life,
when she was becoming more
confused in life. She had a few
special friends throughout the mall
and her apartment building.
One of those friends was CLARA.
She has now moved into the
Luther Towers ...
(where my grandpa once lived.)
I called to check on Clara yesterday and
she sounded so delighted to hear from me.  Clara invited me for a lunch
in the near future.
...so sweet!

I pride myself in being a mother.
There is nothing like what
motherhood does for a person.
I was so fortunate to have two delightful children and lucky to have
a boy and a girl...
both extremely different,
not just in gender,
but in personalities and lifestyle, etc.

I have so many wonderful memories
of my two kids growing up...
too many to mention,
but I can share that they
are both loved and very loving in return.

I have learned so much from them, too!
That all makes me ever grateful.

I now watch my daughter, Jana,
in her early stages of motherhood,
and in many ways it is like
history repeating for me!

I know there is something extra special
about being a GRANDMA for me, too.
My darling grandchildren,
MARIAH and BEAU
couldn't be more perfect! ...
oh and that is my totally unbiassed opinion!

I was blessed with a sweet and dear
MOTHER- IN- LAW, too!
When I married my husband, Brian,
in November of 1976...
his mom, BLANCHE,
became my mother-in-law.
She is a loving soul in every kind of way,
and not only is a perfect mom...
but an amazing grandma
and great grandma as well.

So as we head into another
MOTHER'S DAY tomorrow,
I want to share and extend warm
MOTHERLY wishes to all moms out there.

On that note...
my poem of the day
which I wrote for  MY MOM!

MOM is that person
who lives in my heart,
That's where she's always lived,
right from the very start!
She watched over me
from the day of my birth,
And ever more there after,
in heaven and on earth.
And now I feel her presence
coming from above,
It's a different kind of presence
a heavenly kind of love!
There is just a special
mother-daughter kind of bond...
We shared the little things in life,
and all of which we're fond.
My mom had that knowledge
and understanding of me,
She always knew my happiness
and sadness, too, you see.
One day I'll earn my wings as well
and fly up to the sky...
And reunite with mom again,
and smile and laugh and cry.
But until that day is here ,
I'll share a place to come,
For all my kids to feel my love...
as a Grammie and a Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment