Thursday, May 3, 2012

PERFORMERS!

"The thing about performance, even if it's only an illusion is that it is a celebration of the fact that we do contain within ourselves infinite possibilities."
-Sydney Smith


"Practice as if you are the worst, 
Perform as if you are the best."
-Author Unknown


"The whole motivation for any performer is 
"Look at me, Ma!"
-Lenny Bruce


Yesterday I took Mariah to watch
 the dance competition in the city called
"THE PERFORMER"
Today Mariah will be a little performer
in her Kindergarten concert at school!


I LOVE all of these PERFORMERS!!!!
Yesterday ELLEN had the two little British cuties
SOPHIA GRACE and ROSIE on
and they PERFORMED a little dance
 with SYTYCD STAR...
TWITCH! 


Here I am out for lunch on Tuesday with some of my
BSOBAD BUDDIES!
This is studio owner and my good friend,
BRENDA.


We were celebrating studio secretary, Kellie's birthday
at our Tuesday lunch at Moxies.
Also in photo, are Dance teachers, Joanne and Michelle. 


Jana and Mandy... sort of look like sisters here!
We took Mandy on a trip to NY with us in 1997,
and reconnected with her again this past weekend,
when Jana and her adjudicated together in Biggar.
Now MANDY is the JAZZ Adjudicator at
THE PERFORMER COMPETITION in the city.


Mandy and Mariah looking through the 1997 album
of our trip to NY and a little trip down memory lane
and all our FUN FUN TIMES we shared then...
We saw many PERFORMANCES in NEW YORK that trip! 

Beau on monday night's supper being a little PERFORMER!
He was busy throwing his macaroni on the floor... oh oh!


Beau here Tuesday night...
he didn't even have his jacket off yet,
and he was opening the fridge and wanting a popsicle!!! 


My two little PERFORMERS here Tuesday night
with a couch cushion set up that was little a little circus act! 


Mariah sharing her happy face sticker craft! 


North Battleford dance teacher friend, VIRGINIA,
with her little PERFORMER, DAUGHTER, CHLOE,
at the PERFORMER COMPETITION yesterday!

Today my THEME is about PERFORMERS!
Lots of my life has revolved around different STAGES of PERFORMING!

Jana met her girlfriend, Mandy in her teens
at a Shelley's Dance Company
dance summer school in Edmonton.
We then took Mandy to New York
with us for a New York Dance Alliance  Convention in the summer of 1997.
Mandy's family then relocated
in San Diego.

Jana and Mandy reconnected for
their first time since 97 this past weekend
and adjudicated a Dance Competition in Biggar. Mandy stayed at Jana's on
Monday and Tuesday until
she began another adjudicating job here
at the PERFORMER COMPETITION
in the city, which began yesterday.

I am so happy to be able to sit
in the audience at this very well run
competition and watch all the higher end calibre studios of Saskatchewan
compete for the 5 days
that this event runs.

I am very proud to be a part of the
BSOBAD studio which so far is doing
well at the competition in the things I have seen. Tonight I will cheer
my niece ROWEN on in her
jazz group there, too.

This afternoon I am off to watch
MARIAH be a PERFORMER
in her little Kindergarten show at her school. She loves to PERFORM...
and can't wait
 till she is ready to compete
in dancing too... maybe next year!

I have had a mixed bag of things
on this week... after a busy four day stint
of adjudicating in Moose Jaw
last weekend, too.
I watched many PERFORMERS
at that event as well.

I have done a little babysitting this week...
and my grandkids always entertain me
and are real little PERFORMERS
around here!!!!

I have been trying to get caught up on
my many hours of recorded TV shows
I am behind on , too.
I do love the shows about PERFORMING.
I love that Ellen always has those
little girls from ESSEX ENGLAND
on her show... they are real little PERFORMERS, for sure!

On a different note...

Tomorrow we will be attending the
funeral for our dear friend's mom.
We are thinking of
MIKE, LYNNE, KRISTI and CARLY
at this sad time in memory
of Mike's dear mom.

So on that note...
here is my rhyme of the day...

I love to watch a performance
at any festival or show,
Especially when it involves the special
loved ones I know.
Whether it is dancing, singing, or a play...
I love to be in the audience
and just enjoy it that way!
Today is a day I'll be feeling proud...
And I know in my heart
I'll be cheering really loud!
As I watch MARIAH in her concert
at her school...
And later watch sweet ROWEN
I know that she will rule!
In all the many chapters
of my whole life book,
This is a very fun one when I sit back
to take a look.
I love to share my passions
with the people who mean the most.
And later I can reflect on all
the memories and also boast!

No comments:

Post a Comment