Wednesday, May 9, 2012

ReFLeCTioNs!


Jana pinning the bow on the back of Mariah's costume
 today at Dance Picture Day at the studio.
A reflection of years gone by for me as a mom
 with Jana's dance picture days!


Mariah posing for me in the hallway...
In her Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny
Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
Costume! 


Mariah with two of her little Dance friends at Picture day
having fun together in their little costumes!!!

"Reflect upon your present blessings- 
of which every man has many- not on your misfortunes, of which men have some."
-Charles Dickens


"Follow effective action with quiet reflection. From quiet reflection will come more 
effective action."
-Peter F. Drucker


"The beginning of love is to let those we love 
be perfectly themselves, and not twist them 
to fit our own image. Otherwise we love 
only our reflection of ourselves 
we find in them."
-Thomas Merton



Mariah and Beau in our backyard here Monday night
when here for a sleepover.
The SUN'S REFLECTION was shining through the fence! 


Beau splashing in the bath tub Monday night...
He always has a happy
REFLECTION on LIFE
 when in the tub. 


Beau and Mariah yesterday morning having breakfast in the
sun's REFLECTION
shining through the window 


Me and my brother Brian at supper on sunday night.
He brought over some tops he bought for me
as his reflection of thoughtfulness! 


Shuffle sitting in the Sunshine by the window to our deck
this morning after our walk!


This morning as I took Shuffle
for a nice walk in the sunshine,
I had an enjoyable 45 minutes or so
of REFLECTION on my life
over the past little while.
It seems a lot has gone on around here,
so the walk was great,
and I enjoyed my tunes on my ipod
along the way, too.
It is funny how the ipod always
seems to play the perfect
soundtrack to life!

Sunday was a rainy day and I ended up not going to watch the final day of the PERFORMER DANCE COMPETITION
here in the city, after watching
a lot of the previous four days of it.
Instead I spent the day
at home and we had my brother, Brian,
over here for supper that night.
My hubby, Brian, made a delicious
barbeque supper. I am lucky he loves
to cook on Sundays. My brother was
so excited he had found some
good bargains at Giant Tiger
and bought me some
"BARGOON" sweaters which he proudly brought over to share with me!
Both "Brians" are always very thoughtful!!!

Monday I joined my cousin Gwen
for a STARBUCKS. We always love to get together and reflect on what has been happening in our recent lives!
We had an enjoyable catch up.

Later on Monday there was a big explosion
in the downtown core of Saskatoon,
less than half a block away from my
daughter, Jana's shoe store.
She ended up having to close the store
and leave early that day.
I was ever so thankful she was safe.

She was also going out in the evening and needed us to look after her kids over night.
We always enjoy any times spent with
Mariah and Beau.
Sleepovers do mean a little less rest for me... but the fun I have with the kids
makes up for the lack of sleep!

I continue to enjoy all the shows I follow on TV.
Last night they picked the winner on
"THE VOICE" reality show.
I was happy with the winner...
Jermaine Paul,
former back up singer for Alicia Keys.

I have been reflecting on many things lately, from my personal life and health, to my connections to family near and far.

With MOTHER'S DAY coming up this Sunday,
I have been thinking a lot of my mom once again. This will be my second Mother's Day without her here on earth.
While out walking today there was
one little bird chirping a special tune and
I really like to believe it was my mom!

I have so many reflections of my mom and
what she has done for my life over my years.
I keep hoping I have made
as sweet an impact on my kids' lives as
my mom made on mine.

Today was picture day at the dance studio,
for my grand daughter, MARIAH.
So many memories for me revolve around those days in years gone by.
There is something special about getting
on the costume and curling the hair and wearing a little make up to capture a REFLECTION of a moment in time.

On MAY 26th, MARIAH will have a turn
go on stage and perform
her little tap routine to
"ITSY BITSY TEENY WEENY
YELLOW POLKA DOT BIKINI"
in the year end show for BSOBAD
which is  called "REFLECTIONS".

As I reflect on many times and
people who I have in my world....
I always consider myself so lucky
for the many blessings in my life!


On that note...
here is my rhyme of the day!

Today as I was out for a walk
in the bright warm sun,
I did some reflecting on my life
and some recent fun.
Today was a special day for Mariah,
my little sweet pea!
She was having her dance photos,
and I couldn't wait to see...
A little fond connection
to her year in dance...
A picturesque reflection
and memory at a glance!
I got to thinking of my mom
while hearing the birds sing,
Mother's day is coming up,
and thoughts the birds did bring.
I've been reflecting on my life
a lot for the last while,
And thinking of decisions to
change my whole lifestyle...
Reflecting in the sunshine
is such a real good way,
to think about the things in life
and what to do and say.
I've so much to be thankful for
and lots of warm affection,
As I walked out in the sun,
I enjoyed my reflection.
My ipod played the soundtrack
to suit my life today,
As Shuffle, my sweet dog, and I
walked along our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment